CONTROVERSIAL Thought experiment - Who coaches after Kevvy?

Who is Your Preferred Likely Available Option?

• Michael Hagan

• Neil Henry

• Paul Green

• Cameron Ciraldo

• Josh Hannay

• Josh Morris

• Jason Ryles

• Kevin Walters

• Shane Flanagan

• Shaun Wane

• Adrian Lam

• Antonio Landtimid

• Brad Thorn

• Billy Slater

• Cameron Smith

• Justin Hodges

• The Walker Brothers

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
To be fair, you take Cleary out of last year's team, does...Cleary have success? Bellamy - at least one of the big three / Robinson - Keary and so on?

Obviously he needs a key player but even with Thurston, it took them a very long time to get there.

The Roosters last season did incredibly well with how many they had out, I wouldn't say no to having him on pure coaching ability but we'd need to have a genuine star in our spine somewhere. Where we're at right now, I don't think it matters who our coach is.

Obviously he needs a key player but even with Thurston, it took them a very long time to get there.

The Roosters last season did incredibly well with how many they had out, I wouldn't say no to having him on pure coaching ability but we'd need to have a genuine star in our spine somewhere. Where we're at right now, I don't think it matters who our coach is.
Greens biggest issue is the game evolved quickly since 2015 and Green didn’t adapt anything at all.

Greens biggest issue is the game evolved quickly since 2015 and Green didn’t adapt anything at all.

He thought the way to motivate his players was to just scream, shout and rant at them.

In his prime, next to Haas? You'd have probably the two fastest rolling ptb's in history. Haas would regularly top 300 if he followed prime Nutley as Haas would get the ball with the defence running the same way.
thanks bud

TBF, we've lacked the smarts in our football department to recognise and retain future spine talent. We could've and should've had Reece Walsh & Sam Walker ripening up in our system right now.

Thankfully, the current football department appears better equipped to manage a similar situation should it arise in the future.

Sam Walker for sure was a massive **** up ...

Reece Walsh was the right call. it also sent the message that spots won't be handed out on a silver platter, you need to earn your spot by learning your trade in the lower grades. it's a message that has been ingrained in the Storm and Roosters system for years, and one we need to get back into ours, if that means letting go of a talented player (with the wrong attitude) then so be it

Green would be an absolute disaster. These blokes would not be able to stand him, look at what occurred with QLD and Ponga. His last year in NQLD was not far off Pies. If it wasn't for Thurston, he would be a nothing coach.

I don't want to even contemplate this conundrum this early in the season. Kev needs to focus on getting this team ready each and every week. Wins is what it will take, get the team right and the rest will fall into place.

Green would be an absolute disaster. These blokes would not be able to stand him, look at what occurred with QLD and Ponga. His last year in NQLD was not far off Pies. If it wasn't for Thurston, he would be a nothing coach.

I don't want to even contemplate this conundrum this early in the season. Kev needs to focus on getting this team ready each and every week. Wins is what it will take, get the team right and the rest will fall into place.
This. Green has a pretty awful record, especially since Covid. Bloke shouldn't be considered at all.

If Slater goes well in origin, get him in few years.

Sam Walker for sure was a massive **** up ...

Reece Walsh was the right call. it also sent the message that spots won't be handed out on a silver platter, you need to earn your spot by learning your trade in the lower grades. it's a message that has been ingrained in the Storm and Roosters system for years, and one we need to get back into ours, if that means letting go of a talented player (with the wrong attitude) then so be it

You are right of course but Roosters and Storm could afford to be make those decisions as they've got the quality in their starting spine to take as long as they need to develop the next one, we don't have that luxury.

So when we see Walsh doing as great as he was doing for at least half the season, it was quite a tough one to take as a Brisbane fan.

TBH I wanted Thorn over Walters anyway. So I went that way, but I wouldn't have an issue with the Walkers.

Out of interest those saying the Walkers- you don't have concerns about giving someone a head NRL role who hasn't coached in three years at any level?

Do you have an opinion or possible suggestion regarding good coaching candidates?

Thoughts on Kev?

I love Kev more than I love my mum.

Candidates I am unsure, I am too conservative to pick a coach. I see bits in lots of coaches I like or have worked with but I can't say for sure he would be a great coach and has it all.

I think you need someone that can pick a coach and see something innovate and bold- like taking a punt on a Robinson.

I am not that smart.

Unread

Active Now

• MaroubraBroncos
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Dee
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Galah
  • Redux
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Locky24
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.