CONTROVERSIAL Thought experiment - Who coaches after Kevvy?

Who is Your Preferred Likely Available Option?

• Michael Hagan

• Neil Henry

• Paul Green

• Cameron Ciraldo

• Josh Hannay

• Josh Morris

• Jason Ryles

• Kevin Walters

• Shane Flanagan

• Shaun Wane

• Adrian Lam

• Antonio Landtimid

• Brad Thorn

• Billy Slater

• Cameron Smith

• Justin Hodges

• The Walker Brothers

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
At least 2 if not 3 of these blokes should be on Walters coaching staff. If Walters can surround himself with coaches like this the job is his for as long as he wants it. He's a man manager like Bennett and should follow his lead with assistants who know the skills and plans to win games.
yep , i think one of Henry or hagan and than maybe a walker/ Ciraldo.
old head and some fresh young thinking would be my way.

I used to think that too but my thoughts have changed. I'm thinking their results over the distance is not convincing enough evidence for a change .
Yeah I’m all for Flanagan, enough of taking the high road, time to play in the mud. He’s got one over Bellamy, That’s a big tick in my books.

Smith is a **** but I voted for him.

First of all, how can Kevvie coach after Kevvie?

Second, if he does have to be replaced (and a poor performance this year will no doubt seal his fate), then we should be the ones to finally give the Walker brothers their shot. Smith and Slater will never come here (and I have serious doubts about their credentials anyway, Smith less so but I can't imagine too many current day players will want to serve under him), Flanagan is a poisoned chalice, Green is trash and if Thorn wanted to coach Rugby League he would be doing it already.

The Walkers are the only half-feasible option at the moment, and the shift to a faster brand of footy in the NRL will probably serve them well. All this thread does illustrate though is the horrendous dearth of coaching talent currently doing the rounds.

I was a fan of Green when he was at Wynnum doing great things

That changed once he went to the Cows though and just on that, you take Thurston out of that team does he have anywhere near as much success? I don't think he does

I was a fan of Green when he was at Wynnum doing great things

That changed once he went to the Cows though and just on that, you take Thurston out of that team does he have anywhere near as much success? I don't think he does

To be fair, you take Cleary out of last year's team, does...Cleary have success? Bellamy - at least one of the big three / Robinson - Keary and so on?

I like Kristian Woolf tbh. Done a good apprenticeship in the lower grades, NYC and worked as an assistant in the NRL. Didnt really follow his work for Tonga, but he's doing a really good job in Super League at a high pressure club like St Helens. I think he's ready for a head coach job in the NRL.

I voted for Thorn, and would probably be ok seeing the Walker brothers get a shot.
As Nashy and others have said though, nothing would convince me to jump ship to the Dolphins more than Green becoming coach.

what do you think about Danny Nutley leading the team mate?
In his prime, next to Haas? You'd have probably the two fastest rolling ptb's in history. Haas would regularly top 300 if he followed prime Nutley as Haas would get the ball with the defence running the same way.

Good forum!

Unread

Active Now

• Locky24
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Dee
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Galah
  • Redux
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.