Time for a new coach. . .

I reckon no coach would do a better job at the moment.

Getting WB back would be like moving back in with your folks again... just not on once you've moved on.

Well, we cannot know if any coach could have done better or not but I would be perfectly happy with Bennett returning. So would many others. In fact it's my belief that the majority view in the south east corner is that he never should have been forced to move on.

Injuries are not to blame for other problems. Ivan Henjak had the troops he wanted. He was given the opportunity last year to gather troops for this year. What he did'nt source was a senior and seasoned front row + rotation props. The defensive soul of Brisbane was taken when Stagg left. Hard nuts up front and workaholic tacklers around them.

If Henjak can coach, and I'm not certain either way, then he has the challenge ahead and consequently the opportunity to showcase those skills until the seasons end. A good coach will no doubt get these players up to perform.That does not necessarily translate to winning but the effort will be evident in their play and on field demeanour.

Huge. said:
In fact it's my belief that the majority view in the south east corner is that he never should have been forced to move on.

was he forced to move on?? i thought he made the choice to move to the dragons by himself

The Bennet era is over, time to move on.

chazta said:
Huge. said:
In fact it's my belief that the majority view in the south east corner is that he never should have been forced to move on.

was he forced to move on?? i thought he made the choice to move to the dragons by himself
People seem to have forgiven and forgotten very quickly that Benny was the one that was going to run out on the club without warning, if anyone made his position untenable in the end it was him imo.

Nashy said:
He sure is. He's also the only coach with a team that's 1.3million over the cap.

Comparing him with even the worst coach in the game is not fair. He's had a cheating team. Without cheating, how do we know how a team in his control would go?

We can only look to NSW's recent record.

And even then. Combine those players NRL wages, and he can't win, or make them look like their going to win.

Nashy said:
And even then. Combine those players NRL wages, and he can't win, or make them look like their going to win.

Yeh, no credit to the Queensland team or anything. I guess they just fluked 4 wins in a row. eusa_think

Of course it's credit to the QLD team. But I'm not looking at that side of the fence. NSW were never going to beat QLD and they had a team who were as good, if not better.

When did the storm become 1.3mil over the cap? Last I heard it was 850,000 for this year

Browny said:
When did the storm become 1.3mil over the cap? Last I heard it was 850,000 for this year
1.3mil for next years cap if they retain the same squad.

Also revealed on Insight was news that Melbourne Storm has breached the salary cap by 1.3 million dollars for the 2010 season, almost twice as much as first announced by the NRL.

Steve Burraston, Newcastle Knights Chief Executive, confirmed that the Storm's breach this year is far more than first thought.

"We're now talking a number I understand that's growing. And for 2010, it's $1.3 million or more," Burraston told Insight.

The Knights CEO confirmed that he learned of the Storm's additional salary cap breach at Tuesday's meeting of NRL club CEOs.

chazta and nopatience101.....I don't want to go over old ground but Benny ( IMO only) sought out his value in the market AFTER having pressure applied to him (internally, at the club,by some board members unhappy with his power within the club) Its my belief he made discreet enquiries to the Roosters as they had chased him previously and said, our door is always open for a chat. I believe he did it discreetly for the sake of his team rather than anything underhanded. He knew what disruption it would cause. I believe WB would never have left Brisbane were he not encouraged to. Had they wanted to keep him they would have publicly done so but chose to state that his contract was not going to be renewed.

In my mind Bennett would have stayed and retired with perfect timing when he was ready, and not a minute before. Bronco admin suck balls

the Broncos needed to get rid of Bennett. he was just digging us deeper and deeper into the ground.

So.... Are we still all on the "New Coach" Bandwagon?

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Gaz
  • Emanon
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Fozz
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • heartly87
  • Dexter
  • Slippin Jimmy
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.