Time for a new coach. . .

Beads6 said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25871307-5018866,00.html

Henjaks position safe as a bank.. Bruno shooting his mouth off again..

The Rock said:
Like I said, Penrith fans wanted to sack Elliot last year because of how poor they were going etc and rifts between players (same sort of shit that's happening here). But now this year they all love him - We really should give Henjak another year to prove himself (or at least, half a season). I've heard that Henjak has a great football brain, the players respect him (maybe they just don't trust his judgement right now...) and Wayne has raps on him - I think we should be patience.

I can live with that as long as Bruno goes.

The Rock said:
Like I said, Penrith fans wanted to sack Elliot last year because of how poor they were going etc and rifts between players (same sort of shit that's happening here). But now this year they all love him - We really should give Henjak another year to prove himself (or at least, half a season). I've heard that Henjak has a great football brain, the players respect him (maybe they just don't trust his judgement right now...) and Wayne has raps on him - I think we should be patience.

I agree with you rock... i don't think you should ever sack a coach after just 1 season... especially since they inherit the team to begin with. but if they are still going poorly after 2 years that is a different story

Foordy said:
The Rock said:

I agree with you rock... i don't think you should ever sack a coach after just 1 season... especially since they inherit the team to begin with. but if they are still going poorly after 2 years that is a different story

Yeah he has inherited a side yes but we have made no signings from outside the club for next season and lost Khunt and Taylor. Our squad is lacking depth massively and they don't seem to be doing anything to fix it. Half the under 20's players may not even cut it in the NRL

Unlike Bennett, I highly doubt the board has given Ivan his own cheque book. I think signings are sitting right with Bruno and his butt plugs.

I think we need SELECT past players involved who understand and respect what the Broncos are all about.
Other than that, we need outsiders come in to bring fresh ideas, fresh strategies, fresh blood to the coaching ranks.

Henjack needs to stay IMO. Anyone blaming this season on him is in denial, the damage was done long before he even took the reigns.

What needs to happen though is get a better supporting staff around him. I think the best thing to do would be for Henjak to have a talk to Mal Meninga - if any coach can 'get the best out of their players', its him. 4 origin series wins in a row - something not even wayne bennett could muster up.

Foordy said:
Huge. said:
Now..can we all agree that Benetts removal was THE WRONG MOVE or do we still have 'defenders of the faith' ??

A separate contention....a rookie coach traded for the Worlds best coach ....this we did so we could improve', move into the future '......has the move failed ?

This Broncos side is even more boring than ever if the stats are to be believed....we appear to be the worst at just about everything. Buggered if I can see where the improvement that Benetts removal was supposed to ensure.

Henjak might be a good coach someday but whether he has followed a giant or not his efforts so far appear pretty ordinary. This club was built solidly , Ivan trod on bedrock when he took control. How can we be below average everywhere ?

In case you are not aware Bennett resigned as Broncos coach he was not sacked, in fact he still had another year on his contract.

I wonder if his leaving early had anything to do with Cullen. I wonder if he could see what was coming and decided to get out quick

I think it would be harsh to give Henjak the arse after half a season, considering the poison chalice that was Brisbane post WB.

HOWEVER, I cannot tolerate constant floggings. I'm ok with losing games where I can see we've done our best and at least threatened, but we're not even close to an honourable defeat.

If Henjak can't turn it around, he has to be sacked. It'll be unfortunate bla bla bla, but if he can't turn it around who the hell cares what other qualities he has? He's a coach. He gets marked based on the results.

The results are shit. If they don't improve, he will be gone.

If Michaels gets picked at centre again, then Henjak really knows nothing.

How's about we just leave that center spot open if there is no one better. Waste of breath naming him.

I doubt this season would be going very much better even if WB was still here. There have been signs of a complete wipe out coming for years. If ppl are so keen to say that a new coach can't be blamed for what happens in his first year, then some blame has to go on the previous coach...WB. He built a club that has almost always relied on the ability of one great player to get us home week in and week out. There is evidence of this in hundreds of broncos games and plenty of ppl have suggested as much for years. I think there's every chance WB saw this coming and knew there was nothing he could do to stop it. His golden boy Lockyer was no longer up to pulling us out of the fire week after week and the majority of the rest of the club had lost interest. And the point of Penrith and their coach, Elliott had not been there for ten years being brainwashed into the previous coach's style. We have got a watered down version of a coaching style that was only just getting it done... that's why we're not even A grade at the moment. We do need a new coach and we need to rid the club of as much of the old style of coaching as we can, because the "no game plan, no set moves, no off-loading and no ability to wrap the ball up" WB type of Broncos footy that we've seen for years now, doesn't work.

Hmmm funny how the Dragons are not playing that way. It must be all due to Nathan Brown.

Very funny, WB with a whole new club is a whole other story to Henjack with the same club of ten years.

Did anyone watch the Sunday Roast yesterday?

Phil Gould said that it takes a new coach 5 years in the top grade to actually know what he is doing, and it doesn't matter who the coach is. he also said that a club must stick with the coach for that time or get them the help they need to get over the hump. and if the club doesn't it is managements fault if the coach fails.

eusa_think

Sounds lovely in theory. Unfortunately no club can hang around for 5 years in this day and age waiting for the team to be successful.

So he's saying Bellamy only knew what he was doing in 2008...when his team lost the GF 40-0? Right.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Mustafur
  • ivanhungryjak
  • theshed
  • broncotville
  • Aldo
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • mystico
  • TimWhatley
  • Fozz
  • Tmac
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • winslow_wong
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.