OFFICIAL Titans get their man with Fifita signing three-year deal

All the doom and gloom on here is ridiculous. I understand people are frustrated and disappointed but let’s get it together... facts are:

1) a talented but unbelievably stupid kid made an unbelievably stupid decision to join a perennially rubbish team chasing big money. It’s unlikely going to be the right call long term and if he’s dumb enough to want to waste his career at GC then good luck to him

2) broncos did the right thing not throwing $1.1m at an edge back rower when we have so many other needs... because of the way this season has gone of course the dialogue will be that ‘we have fallen so far’ and ‘let one get away’, but this decision is exactly the type of common sense move typical of a team like the roosters who let Latrell kick rocks and haven’t regretted it.

Broncs are better without this deadbeat mercenary grubby money chaser on our books. Ship him out overnight, don’t give him another game and don’t let him come grovelling back when he loses his origin jersey after being dragged down by arguably the worst club in the comp. use the money on someone who actually wants to play for the Broncos.. fifita’s attitude is going to see him unwilling to put his body on the line for the sake of his own financial interests. Get stuffed champ .. pack your bags

My wife is from Brazil... she has never got into the footy, just wants Broncos to win for me...
She just asked me why I was pissed off about this....
I explained "who's the biggest soccer club in Brazil?", "flamengo" she replied. I said "imagine flamengo just lost their best player to a massive deal from a tiny bottom of the table team with no fans", "this wouldn't happen if they wanted to keep him, they'd pay more", "this is true, now imagine, that flamengo weren't allowed to pay more because the Brazilian football federation said they can only spend enough as the poor teams because it isn't fair and they can't survive if they tried to keep up", "but flamengo has more money and more fans, what are the Broncos doing with that money", "it goes to shareholders because there is also a cap for how much they spend for the trainers and coaches", " You have more fans though right?" "Yes..." pause, pause, pause... "i suppose it's nice though because it means the small teams can win it.... "ah, now there's the catch, what if I told you the same 2 teams have made about 12 of the last 15 grand finals? And they don't have half the amount of fans of the Broncos combined" ..... pause, pause, pause.... "What the ****, why do you follow this shit?"

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why she's the smarter half.....
What’s she up to next year and has she ever thought about being a CEO?

B1445E95 CECA 4855 A450 050532DDBC52

what's your point ... this was way before the Titans decided to throw stupid money at him ...

Wayne was confident of keeping Ben Hunt ... enter the Dragons with a $1.2 million a season offer ... see ya Hunt

Wayne was confident of getting Ash Taylor back ... enter the Titans with a $1 million a season offer ... sorry Wayne

hell Wayne was so confident of keeping Karmichael Hunt that we keep the offer on the table for months with other players either leaving us or signing elsewhere while we waited... enter the AFL and the Suns ... and Hunt bolted for the door, despite constantly saying he wanted to be a Bronco for life

So the Titans pay $3.5million for three years for Fifita who came through our system since a school kid and the Roosters get SBW for $400K. This whole cap situation is so fucked as the only one that seemed to be getting rimmed is us.

The Broncos are losing Qld'rs. We're full of NSW and NZ players. We screwed up our contract management and didn't have our Qld Origin rep wrapped up. We got a NSW one wrapped up though.

I really don't get this sentiment. I'd rather we have the best players regardless of where they come from, than a team hamstrung by only signing players from one state.

Some of the best, not to mention most loyal, Broncos have been non-Queenslanders. You don't have to be born in Queensland to give your all for the club.

- Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahone sign a $500 million USD 10 year deal.

It's Mahomes, and it would have been hard for the Chiefs to overpay him, honestly. I wouldn't exactly list that as a bad deal, for either side.

Last edited:
So the Titans pay $3.5million for three years for Fifita who came through our system since a school kid and the Roosters get SBW for $400K. This whole cap situation is so fucked as the only one that seemed to be getting rimmed is us.

this is exactly why the NRL will NEVER put in place salary cap exemptions or discounts for development player ... it would help us too much

what's your point ... this was way before the Titans decided to throw stupid money at him ...

Wayne was confident of keeping Ben Hunt ... enter the Dragons with a $1.2 million a season offer ... see ya Hunt

Wayne was confident of getting Ash Taylor back ... enter the Titans with a $1 million a season offer ... sorry Wayne

hell Wayne was so confident of keeping Karmichael Hunt that we keep the offer on the table for months with other players either leaving us or signing elsewhere while we waited... enter the AFL and the Suns ... and Hunt bolted for the door, despite constantly saying he wanted to be a Bronco for life
You really do have to try and have a comment on everything..
I feel for you if you cannot understand the point being made from a quote from Seibold dated 29th August 2019. This is back when we should have sorted his contract out and prior to other clubs being able to table offers to him.
Again, mis management from the senior figures at the club.
Hopefully I’ve been able to spell it out enough for you now.

That is how it is now. I grew up when your club was everything. I accept commercial realities have overtaken those sort of community values. Being a one club town, maybe that's why a lot of us are pissed off. Loyalty still has meaning
I agree with you.
Great legacies are built on loyalty and unity to a cause. Most of the modern day greats were loyal to their club where they chose winning and building teams to compete for premierships over money. All the following turned down massive dollars in favour of staying the journey (while still getting paid tremendously well).
D Lockyer
S Webke
K Walter's
M Meninga
A John's
J Thurston
C Smith
M Jordan
K Bryant
All also have been or will be rewarded handsomely post their sporting careers based on the success achieved on the sporting field.
Teams built with players who want max $$ contracts generally can burn hot for a short time then fizzle away to nothing.
These massive contracts the Titans have offered must leave their depth wafer thin

Its bad that we lost him bud no club apart from titans is going to pay that much for a back rower.

Here's something refreshing that's come out of this entire circus. Not one comment from anyone, anywhere about his ethnicity, in any context. Contrast this to the incessant stream of divisive shit from the likes of Mundine. We can be proud of rugby league that the reality is this is a non issue.

Last edited:
What have we come to? Rather where has Fifita gone to, to another club offering stupid money. I'd rather sign Grant for that sort of dosh, someone who connects the team, harnessing backs and forwards, someone with good kicking game and a complete footie brain, a complete player around whom you can build a team

His point is the long standing point that players don’t leave Brisbane that we want to keep. He should never have been ’free’ on the market for someone else to poach.

We pay millions to absolute spuds no-one else wants and can’t keep enough in the kitty, to retain the one genuine superstar we have un-earthed...

That is what Jharal is bemoaning and rightly so.

The administrators of our club are performing worse than our team, and that takes some effort!

Last edited:
Did Whitey mention he had 20 meetings about Fifita? Were they working on the national infrastructure plan together?

You do not let people shop your offer around. Negotiation 101. Bellamy did it to them and looks like nothing was learned. Time limit on the meetings and expiry on the offer Whitey and KMo.. Roosters did it wonderfully to Latrell.

Surely you would expect the process can not be that clueless, yet we are only fed these snippets and keep seeing the results..

Last edited:

Active Now

• Lazza
  • Dash
  • RolledOates
  • Lurker
  • Harry Sack
  • Gympie devil
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.