Todd Carney

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
North Brisbane
To be honest I feel a bit sorry for him. He's an idiot cause he should have had a big greasy feed and waited a couple of hours before driving, but it's not like he's tried to drive home after having a skinfull at the pub.

dukey

NRL Player
Perth, WA
If I'm remembering correctly, he lost the licence in 06 for drink driving.
The incident in 07 was when he didn't stop for cops because he was driving unlicenced.

schmix

NRL Player
Timeline from http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1b95t.html:

December, 2006: Charged with mid-range drink driving and reckless driving after an incident in Goulburn.

February, 2007: Licence suspended for five years.

May, 2007: Carney and fellow Raiders player Steve Irwin lead police on a car chase through Canberra's streets. Carney placed on a good-behaviour bond, banned from driving and sentenced to 200 hours of community service.

July, 2008: Alleged to have urinated on a man at a Canberra nightclub.

2009: Damaged property and jumped on a car bonnet in another alcohol-fuelled incident. Received a 12-month suspended jail sentence and banned from his home town of Goulburn. Spends the year in far north Queensland with Atherton before signing with the Sydney Roosters.

January, 2010: Burned a man by setting fire to his pants as a prank.
draggx said:
Easier said..

I actually think it is a damn good effort to go so long without getting in any alcohol related trouble, Taking his history into account i expected him to break alot sooner.

If he can go another season without any trouble good on him one slip up along the way is expected.
Sure it's easier said than done. I wouldn't expect a perfect track record with no slip ups, but my point is that he's not doing himself any favours by continuing to avoid making that commitment.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Looking at the timeline. It seems that one slip up along the way is a yearly thing anyway...

mal

QCup Player
Brisvegas
He got caught.. how many times do you drive to work and get randomly breath tested? The question is, how many times has he done this before, or worse without being caught?

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I thought everyone knew that you could still be over the next morning?

You'd think a bloke, even as fucking stupid as he is, who drink as much as he does, would fucking know this.

Coxy

International Captain
Nashy said:
I thought everyone knew that you could still be over the next morning?

You'd think a bloke, even as **** stupid as he is, who drink as much as he does, would **** know this.
QFT.

I love how people are trying to say he was "unlucky". Far from it. He has an alcohol problem, got on the drink in a big way, and drove the next day. Nothing unlucky about it.

The guy is an alcoholic and should grow a brain and stay completely away from it.

john1420

NRL Player
I'm not much of a drinker so I could be totally wrong, but I would think you would have to drink a shiteload to be over the limit the next morning.

I also agree with others who have questioned how many times he has done it and not got caught

I've been driving for 26 years and have only been RBT'd maybe 6-8 times - that's an average of around once every 3-4 years

Coxy

International Captain
john1420 said:
I'm not much of a drinker so I could be totally wrong, but I would think you would have to drink a shiteload to be over the limit the next morning.
The times I've had a big night and "felt" drunk the next morning, I'd had a minimum 8 drinks the night before, and that's not standard drinks, that's pints. So probably 16-20 standard drinks. It's a lot.

He would've hit it pretty hard.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
2x standard drinks in the first hour followed by 1 std drink per hour, will keep the blood alcohol level at around the 0.05 mark. The blood alcohol will reduce approx. by 0.015 per hour in your sleep.
Now it all depends when he finished drinking to get an approximate idea of how smashed he was... [icon_shru

I still think he should play in Rd 1, but should be disqualified from driving for another 10 yrs! [icon_shady

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
I've got no sympathy for him. The bloke's a dickhead, how many chances does he want?

He doesn't deserve to have a career as a professional athlete. There's lots of youngsters out there who can only dream of being in Carney's position, and he's prepared to throw it all away. Complete knob.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
Porthoz said:
2x standard drinks in the first hour followed by 1 std drink per hour, will keep the blood alcohol level at around the 0.05 mark. The blood alcohol will reduce approx. by 0.015 per hour in your sleep.
Now it all depends when he finished drinking to get an approximate idea of how smashed he was... [icon_shru
That might be the general rule, but in reality it differs for everyone, does it not?

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
ningnangnong said:
Porthoz said:
That might be the general rule, but in reality it differs for everyone, does it not?
Of course it does, as well as how much the body is used to alcohol (yes, I know with Carney it should be a lot! [icon_lol1. )
Actually, athletes will have a lower tolerance than the average person, and the difference can be significant.
But it's not like there's anyone out there that needs 5 std drinks before hitting the low range limit... [icon_wink

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulietaRai

Twitter