Top four - will we make it?

Will the Broncos make the Top Four??

• Total voters
Mmmm but i have two words for you Rocky... Brisbane Broncos. Anything is possible and nothing is ever certain. On the surface your statement seems watertight, talking about points table statistics and the such. Anyone for a salary cap breach resulting in a docking of competition points? [icon_razz1 [icon_wink

Jebadude said:
bronco_babe77 said:
Does it matter if we don't make the 4? I don't mind.. depends who we are up against in round 1. Seriously, when was the last time we won the first round of finals at home? I think I've been to all of them since about 2004 and can't remember them winning any of them - even in 06 when we flogged everyone else at that time.

I think we can possibly sneak into the 4 - but it doesn't bother me either way. I wouldn't like going any lower than 5th though. I voted for 5th - I think that sounds about right. Like Rocky said, the St George one will be the hardest. They have screwed us up so many times up here in recent years. I think I've been to them all [icon_thumbs_do

So was young Christopher, remember we figured out that formula [icon_wink

I know - only took us 4 years to work it out [icon_non Poor thing must be trying to figure out why he loves this team so much when he's never actually seen them win.

I would love to take the kids to the last game of the year..

Surely I can't keep him home from them all....

The Rock said:
And let me just elaborate on that.

The Titans and Warriors sit on 22 points. We're on 25, so we're 3 points in front. There is SIX rounds to go, so for the Titans or Warriors to leap frog us, they'd have to win 2 MORE games than us. Even if we win 2 games from our remaining 6, either the Titans or Warriors would have to win AT LEAST 4 from their last 6 games.

If we win only 3 from our last 6, then the Titans or Warriors would have to win at least 5 from their remaining 6. And, if we only win 4 from 6 (which is highly likely if we drop a few silly games) then the Titans or Warriors would have to win ALL of their remaining games.

It won't happen.

That is good in theory Rock but seeing as we have to play the Warriors at Mount Smart it is more than likely they can leapfrog us into 5th! On the flipside if we beat them at home they wont finish any higher than 6th _woohoo_

Course we'll make the top 4. Sharks to choke. or the Roosters, either one will be fine.

I reckon 6th, don't think we'll make it past week 2.

bronco_babe77 said:
Jebadude said:
[quote="bronco_babe77":2kso5sxm]Does it matter if we don't make the 4? I don't mind.. depends who we are up against in round 1. Seriously, when was the last time we won the first round of finals at home? I think I've been to all of them since about 2004 and can't remember them winning any of them - even in 06 when we flogged everyone else at that time.

I think we can possibly sneak into the 4 - but it doesn't bother me either way. I wouldn't like going any lower than 5th though. I voted for 5th - I think that sounds about right. Like Rocky said, the St George one will be the hardest. They have screwed us up so many times up here in recent years. I think I've been to them all [icon_thumbs_do

So was young Christopher, remember we figured out that formula [icon_wink

I know - only took us 4 years to work it out [icon_non Poor thing must be trying to figure out why he loves this team so much when he's never actually seen them win.

I would love to take the kids to the last game of the year..

Surely I can't keep him home from them all....[/quote:2kso5sxm]

Maybe we could buy him a wig and face-mask eusa_think

I would've said yes had we beaten the Dogs ... that game will come back and bite us IMO

I'm tipping 6, 8 or 9 - given our unpredictable form, inconsistency, strange team selections and the fact that a number of top 8 contenders are really firing up.

Unless we bloody aim up and play to ability for the next 6 games, which CAN mean top 4.

I agree with Beachy, the Dogs game may just be the game we rue, I have tipped 5th.

I think this will be a perfect example of "we deserve to be exactly where we finish this year". If we play poorly, we'll finish low. If we play well, we'll make the top 4. If we play OK, we'll finish 5th.

Given the remaining fixtures, imo we can finish anywhere between 2 and 9.

At this stage I think we're good things for 5th.

I only see danger games in the Dragons and Warriors.
I can see us finishing the comp on 37 points and an 8 game winning streak.

We have Lockyer, Hunt, Hodges, Wallace, Thaiday, Carroll, Ennis & Wayne Bennett. Barring injuries, we will more than shake up the competition.
Also best part is we wont have to play Melbourne or Manly until the Prelim final. This on the back of a 10 game winning streak with our stars on deck and the best coach in the world. I am very confident.

Coxy said:
I'm not overly confident either.

But, the situation is this. The 3 teams ahead of us are 3 points ahead.
Apart from Penrith, 4 teams behind us are 3 points behind.

Any losses in the next 3 weeks make a top 4 assault almost impossible, unless those teams on 28 points continue to lose. Any losses in the next 3 weeks also open the door for those 5 teams behind us to catch or pass us, if they keep winning.

Any wins in the next 3 weeks make dropping down the ladder unlikely.

Losing to Canberra would really put things in danger. The Warriors in Auckland are a very tough prospect at the best of times. Lose this week, I think we can put back to back losses in the bank...that could leave the Broncos 7th or 8th.

mmmm not to mention momentum killer, bottom line is coming 7th or 8th is rubbish, even though with Lockyer in the side you always have a chance, its not the right formula to win the title, much more relying on offdays and miracle plays. We only have to look at our 06 premiership to understand this.

I say 5th, 4th if the boys play football for the whole 80 minutes. It is at the time of the year where it needs to be good consistant footy. We have a fairly decent roll to the finals with no injuries in key positions, strong defence and completed sets will get us there. icon_thumbs_u

Anything is possible, Sharks, Roosters and Manly will drop games, question is can we win all of our remaining games - I think we'll drop at least 1 more game before the end of the year. I don't think it really matters, even if we finish 4th the top 2 sides won't loose on the first week and so we'll play the 2nd week regardless

I'm not sure about the top 4, I think we will lose against Raiders, Warriors (always seem to struggle down there) and the Dragons.

Hope I'm wrong though!

I'm praying for a Cowboys, Dragons and Broncos win this week, that's for sure! I think the Cowboys could well ambush the Roosters....

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.