RUMOUR TPJ & Isaako Met with the Tigers - Kevvie Spilled The Beans

My point is it is such a nothing thing to be getting this concerned about.

Also who is to say he isn’t an improvement on Paix? Before his injury he was playing well and I remember multiple people on here saying he should be at the Broncos especially as he is the son of a Broncos legend. The games he played last year looked like something only Paix and Levi could dream about.

All that has changed since then is an injury and his dad becoming coach. For the position and the cost I honestly could care less. If we get to the point where signing Billy Walters is even in the top 3 of our biggest problems I’ll be stoked.
Yeah this. I've seen them both in first grade and Paix has looked nothing but Mr Average, Walters on the other hand in the few times I've seen him looks like a tenacious player who competes hard on the little things. I've been impressed, he's not the next superstar but he's about as good as you get from a budget utility player who has potential to be a mainstay in the 17.

I'd say you are right, I just don't see the need with the squad we have. It's not like he will be an improvement and I really think we need out signings to improve us.
This is all assuming Paix even stays. Does he have a future here? He doesn't seem to get a look in at all.

My point is it is such a nothing thing to be getting this concerned about.

Also who is to say he isn’t an improvement on Paix? Before his injury he was playing well and I remember multiple people on here saying he should be at the Broncos especially as he is the son of a Broncos legend. The games he played last year looked like something only Paix and Levi could dream about.

All that has changed since then is an injury and his dad becoming coach. For the position and the cost I honestly could care less. If we get to the point where signing Billy Walters is even in the top 3 of our biggest problems I’ll be stoked.
I'm not concerned, I just don't think he is worth signing.

My opinion is he isn't an improvement on Paix. It's not like I'm only just saying it now, when people bought him up previously I said the same thing. I don't think he ever looked that good at the Tigers either. People see effort ( which he has plenty of ) and because we lack it they seem to think that sort of player will be a good signing. I'd rather us sign better than what we have, and he isn't.

TPJ is a must keep.

Isaako is completely expendable with Reynolds kicking and Hynes coming here to play fullback.

This is all assuming Paix even stays. Does he have a future here? He doesn't seem to get a look in at all.
I'm hoping its because they realised he needs regular game time in ISC for his development. I'm still not convinced about him either tbh.

5 team trade:
Broncos gets Walters
Tigers gets MILF
Cowboys gets Dearden
Knights gets Clifford
Dragons gets Mbye

I suspect this is highly likely which means we will effectively be paying for Walters at about 700k (basically Milf’s money that’s already been paid). That’s nuts.

I suspect this is highly likely which means we will effectively be paying for Walters at about 700k (basically Milf’s money that’s already been paid). That’s nuts.

You’d hope the club would make Tigers chip in and not just make a straight swap.

Yes…yes you would wouldn’t you.
They'd have already paid him from November 1st, so effectively 7 months. I don't know what Walters would be on but I'd guess something like 120-200k at most, given we won't use Dearden again, it's basically a free trade for a player we might actually use this year.

What can the Tigers chip in when he'd be near minimum wage already?

They'd have already paid him from November 1st, so effectively 7 months. I don't know what Walters would be on but I'd guess something like 120-200k at most, given we won't use Dearden again, it's basically a free trade for a player we might actually use this year.

What can the Tigers chip in when he'd be near minimum wage already?

I was referring to the Milf to tigers, not the Dearden to cowboys.

7 months into a Million $ is like 400k remaining. Tigers have also paid 7 months of Walters’ 150?k or whatever, which is like 65k remaining (quick mafs).

So what I’m saying is, I hope Tigers are paying that 400k and we are only paying Billy’s 60k if this player movement goes ahead. Otherwise we are paying 400k to have Billy Walters for half a season.

I was referring to the Milf to tigers, not the Dearden to cowboys.

7 months into a Million $ is like 400k remaining. Tigers have also paid 7 months of Walters’ 150?k or whatever, which is like 65k remaining (quick mafs).

So what I’m saying is, I hope Tigers are paying that 400k and we are only paying Billy’s 60k if this player movement goes ahead. Otherwise we are paying 400k to have Billy Walters for half a season.
Mbye's salary also comes into the mix. If tigers get a discount on both by both players agreeing to take a haircut, it would almost be a free trade. Id say it has nothing to do with Walters, rather tigs trying to overhaul their roster starting now rather than waiting. With some pressure they can get some good discounts.

Milford on 550k though, that is still about 350k more than he is worth.
Tigers still have to pay overs for a player with no options, Milford probably told them retiring looks better then playing for them unless they double his actual worth haha.

Tigers still have to pay overs for a player with no options, Milford probably told them retiring looks better then playing for them unless they double his actual worth haha.

Milford would fit the current Tigers team. Rocks and diamonds attacking flair and lazy. Fair enough I guess, that’s been the Tigers bread and butter for decades - entertaining highlights for the mutual fans and no finals appearances for tigers fans.

What I don’t get though is the current squad and the players they’ve been linked to are so far removed from Michael McGuire’s coaching philosophies of out work and out discipline teams.

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • The Boss
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.