RUMOUR TPJ to be sacked

Yeah, a shame, but this promising pack hasn't been a winning pack at any time in its history. Maybe we overestimated it by confusing a group of talented individuals as a pack. I just hope Payne isn't part of the problem. God help us, if so.
Payne is still a kid - a kid with no leader to grab him by the scruff of the neck and tell him to fix his shit when he's playing like rubbish.
I always wonder what would have been if we kept Moose/ I wonder if Payne still pulls that shit of screaming at Glenn with Moose on the field. We need that old hard nut leading these kids to see what they are really made of. What does Payne have to aim "up" at? There's no-one for him on our team? He's really soft in defence close to the line, he needs a good old prop next to him showing him how to do it properly. The dude is strong - he's fit - so the problem he has defending on the line is either mental, technique or both.

Offensively, we need him NOT to be the only battering ram in the team. Would love for him to be given space to try a few things on, he's got a bit of pace, we just need a team good enough to put him in a half gap for him to bust through rather than running at a set defensive line all day.

Police and NRL apparently investigating upto 10 Broncos players that may have breached COVID biosecurity, is this what @1910 was talking about a couple of days ago? Anything to worry about?

At this point, you’ve just got to laugh. Imagine if we caused the crash of the 2020 season - I would almost be tempted to watch a full episode of NRL360 to see heads exploding.

Police and NRL apparently investigating upto 10 Broncos players that may have breached COVID biosecurity, is this what @1910 was talking about a couple of days ago? Anything to worry about?

Well I don't know, Monday I thought that's bad, then told it was alright now today Courier is running with it and it looks bad again.

I have no idea why everyone is so quick to turf Lodge out on his ass.

I'm really glad there's been a bit of support popping up for Lodge here and there in the last little while. He's been one of my favourites at the club but some have been quick to chuck him in the surplus-to-requirements pile. I'm with you, I think if he can get back to full fitness and maybe drop a couple of kegs then he'll be a key performer for us again, not to mention someone who I think can be a part of the revival of the culture of the club. I hope we stick by him.

I'm really glad there's been a bit of support popping up for Lodge here and there in the last little while. He's been one of my favourites at the club but some have been quick to chuck him in the surplus-to-requirements pile. I'm with you, I think if he can get back to full fitness and maybe drop a couple of kegs then he'll be a key performer for us again, not to mention someone who I think can be a part of the revival of the culture of the club. I hope we stick by him.

I think the issue is more around his price tag for the limited output.

If we don’t take the opportunity to sack him and wash our hands of his contract, come 2021 when he decides he wants out again, we will probably be paying half his salary for another club to take him which would be even more disastrous.
Why would we have to subsidise his salary to another club. It's a simple matter of if you want him, you take him at full freight, or he sits on his ass and loses condition as he is not part of the training program, invited to sit at games, be within 100m of current players or staff. None of this we'll pay you to take him rubbish.

anyone would think TPJ is going down swinging considering the timing of this after the club were reportedly under the impression they were clear.

Well, if they shut the season down now at least we won’t get the spoon.
Management finally making smart decisions around the club 😂
Unless we get stripped of our points

Bellamy's rock hard at the thought of snapping him up for a bargain:

“Not at the moment. I don’t know the actual goings on at the moment. (Heard) a little bit last night, obviously they’re looking to terminate his contract, whether that’s right or that’s wrong, I don’t know. If that’s the case well, I suppose we could think about it but at this stage, no.”

Last edited:
Bellamy's rock hard at the thought of snapping him up for a bargain:

“Not at the moment. I don’t know the actual goings on at the moment. (Heard) a little bit last night, obviously they’re looking to terminate his contract, whether that’s right or that’s wrong, I don’t know. If that’s the case well, I suppose we could think about it but at this stage, no.”

lets offer Bellamy a trade

he can take TPJ ... we get Cam Smith (which also guarantees that he gets to keep Grant, who could be theirs and QLD's hooker for the next decade.

we get Cam Smith to play a role similar to what Hodge did for the Lions (damn near instantly making them a threat again).

win/win for both teams

lets offer Bellamy a trade

he can take TPJ ... we get Cam Smith (which also guarantees that he gets to keep Grant, who could be theirs and QLD's hooker for the next decade.

we get Cam Smith to play a role similar to what Hodge did for the Lions (damn near instantly making them a threat again).

win/win for both teams

There were a few other things that helped make the Lions a threat again, namely good recruitment and a gun drafting and medical team. Oh and a WONDERFUL coach who also happens to be an excellent man manager.

Smith would help next year without a doubt but Grant is the one we should be going all out for. Getting him sets the club up for the next decade.

In fact, I would put this to the Storm:

TPJ, Bird and Milford

for

Welch, Hynes and Grant

That is an appealing swap. They get three potential guns but who need work. We get a serviceable prop, a back up fullback and a gun hooker.

There were a few other things that helped make the Lions a threat again, namely good recruitment and a gun drafting and medical team. Oh and a WONDERFUL coach who also happens to be an excellent man manager.

Smith would help next year without a doubt but Grant is the one we should be going all out for. Getting him sets the club up for the next decade.

In fact, I would put this to the Storm:

TPJ, Bird and Milford

for

Welch, Hynes and Grant

That is an appealing swap. They get three potential guns but who need work. We get a serviceable prop, a back up fullback and a gun hooker.

Only a club like the broncos, titans, dragons, or dogs would accept that swap. Grant is worth more than Bird and Milf combined. Tpj would tempt me, but why not just sign him as a free agent?

Interesting that the NRL have actually stood TPJ down indefinitely.
“multiple breaches" of COVID-19 regulations "over a period of time".
"We believe this was a case of a player committing multiple contraventions of the protocols and showing a disregard for the league’s rules," Abdo said.
+ 30k fine.

Last edited:
Tpj would tempt me, but why not just sign him as a free agent?

that assumes we actually do sack him (which we may not) ... and if we don't he is unavailable until 2022

.............More than likely if he does eventually go to the Roosters they might give him $400,000 tops with the promise of success subsidising the amount he stands to lose.

I think you mean "More than likely if he does eventually go to the Roosters they might give him $400,000 tops with the promise of success on the Golf course with Uncle Nick subsidising the amount he stands to lose."

Active Now

• Foordy
  • dasherhalo
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.