Trial #2 - Broncos vs. Cowboys

So is Walsh a genuine chance of starting fullback in round 1? If Isaako shits the bed tomorrow does he get the nod?

he is literally zero chance.

the NRL won't even allow him to play unless we have no other people capable of playing fullback available ... he is on a development contract

He isn't a top 30 player right, he will probably get a couple games if isaako gets injured or at wing, at best in 2022 he will get his chance.

He isn't a top 30 player right, he will probably get a couple games if isaako gets injured or at wing, at best in 2022 he will get his chance.

no restrictions on him after about round 13. if Isaako is performing, I expect Kevvie to keep him developing in ISC. If Isaako is struggling I expect Walsh to get thrown in the deep end (assuming he is also playing well in ISC)

So we're putting a bit of a line through his Edge prospects for now? Have they settled on him being predominantly a Middle Forward?

i think he’s better in the middle, but he’s trained at both. Bench middle is where he’s played his best senior football. He was great for Norths in that role in 19. Scored lots of long range tries and against tired big men was effective.

So is Walsh a genuine chance of starting fullback in round 1? If Isaako shits the bed tomorrow does he get the nod?

No chance at all. He’s not ready. Niu, Lodge and TPJ will be it from the Wynnum trial.

Walsh being at Norths is a great move. Smith will be outstanding for him.

no restrictions on him after about round 13. if Isaako is performing, I expect Kevvie to keep him developing in ISC. If Isaako is struggling I expect Walsh to get thrown in the deep end (assuming he is also playing well in ISC)
I wouldn’t mind him off the bench at some point. Like Barba back in the day.

The trial is scheduled to be in Kayo, hopefully they don't stuff it up again. Given it would seem the Broncos are not involved in broadcasting this one, there is a good chance it will work.

I expect the cows to win this one. That cowboy squad looks strong to me and I am predicting top 4 for them this year. Would be good for the Broncs to show some spirit, could be a good one to watch live. Dolphin stadium is a top venue to spectate from.
Wdym a strong team they got good wingers and a good lock... the bench is shit centre’s can’t see either of them being great (can’t see hamiso being a good centre) their halves let’s be really ain’t chop only better than ours (really if ours play well they’re not) their middle forwards aren’t bad but nowhere near ours, Robson is similar to Turpin, Their second row is possibly the worst in the whole comp and whilst drink water is better than Isaako he is by no means that good

No walsh isn’t in the top 30 has to have a contract to be able to play

maybe during Origin depending on who is picked? Does anyone know if there is any internationals scheduled around Origin time this year?

Maybe Isaako, TPJ etc play in those games..?

That might be Walshs window to come in..?

Last edited:

Active Now

• Stix
  • Inknition
  • Bucking Beads
  • Griffo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • Maddy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Galah
  • Swordfish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • HarryAllan7
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.