5.45pm — Sunday February 27: Storm vs Knights
7pm — Monday February 28: Sharks vs Bulldogs

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
My takeaways from this trial.

Brenko Lee or Jordan Pereira should be somewhere in the backline. I don’t think we can fit both in at full strength but both have looked good.

Capewell is just quality.

Walters should get first crack at the 6. **** off with the nepotism stuff he is clearly the best option at this stage.

Too early for Mam but he looks like he is going to be really good.

Paix needs to be our main hooker, there is no question. I could take Turpin taking the early starch but outside of that I don’t want to see anymore of him.

Hetherington looks like he has gotten even better.

How does anyone spend more than 5 minutes with Cronk without wanting to headbutt him?

I like all of this except for the comment about Mam, I really think he's ready or just about and as such, get him in there to form the combo with Reynolds ASAP.

M

mstreet

QCup Player
Sep 3, 2020
Pull your head in, it was a trial.

We were never beating the Titans by 50 the same way we did to a park footy team last weekend, it's about individuals showing they deserve to be in the team and tonight I can say there were a few individuals who did just that and a few who did themselves no favours too.
Never took anything out of last week. Anybody can beat up pre-school kids. I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. We've been a diabolical team for a number of years. Sure, fluff about with some players, but psychological, this team only knows a flogging. We need, safe, structured, defence orientated football. No Bronco fans wants 30+ points per game again.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
but you're happy to do exactly that with Farnworth??
at least Cobbo has had some time at 1 in cup last year, Herbie hasn't.

Farnworth has now been in the NRL for 2 years ... Cobbo has played less than a dozen games in the NRL and in reality is still learning what it takes to play at this level.

to throw him into such a critical position (when it isn't even his preferred position), while he is still finding his feet in the NRL would be unfair to him and bad for us (and possible him as well)

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
My takeaways from this trial.

Brenko Lee or Jordan Pereira should be somewhere in the backline. I don’t think we can fit both in at full strength but both have looked good.

Capewell is just quality.

Walters should get first crack at the 6. **** off with the nepotism stuff he is clearly the best option at this stage.

Too early for Mam but he looks like he is going to be really good.

Paix needs to be our main hooker, there is no question. I could take Turpin taking the early starch but outside of that I don’t want to see anymore of him.

Hetherington looks like he has gotten even better.

How does anyone spend more than 5 minutes with Cronk without wanting to headbutt him?
There’s definitely a 17 there that can make the 8, it’s just a matter of picking the right 17 and it won’t be easy. It wouldn’t take many injuries to unravel the whole thing though.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Up and down of course a lot of young guys got put in their place but they will learn from it

kelly and gamble both in defence and attack did themselves no favours, mam looks so exciting but again defence wasn’t great so really the winner in the battle for 6 was Billy.

Turpin is fast becoming the new Macca. Paix comes on and it’s completely different he’s on the front foot asking so many questions.

Bravo to hetherington did a great job was super busy in defence and great play the balls That got us on the front foot.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
hope next week ezra gets 40 minutes with Reynolds and walters the other 40.
be interesting to see who looks better.

i personally think ezra is the ideal partner for reynolds he doesn't have to overthink he can just think run first and play what is in front of him which is exactly the type of player you want to partner Reynolds.

billy might offer more in defense but even thats not a given

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Capewell and Lee on the left were rock solid. Billy had a few misses but they weren't critical and he followed them up with come very good tackles. Attack was deeply concerning. Fifita had Staggs covered as we created nothing and gave Staggs very little room to move but of course Reynolds should sort that out.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Surprised capewell was on the left thought Reynolds and capewell would be side by side

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Farnworth has now been in the NRL for 2 years ... Cobbo has played less than a dozen games in the NRL and in reality is still learning what it takes to play at this level.

to throw him into such a critical position (when it isn't even his preferred position), while he is still finding his feet in the NRL would be unfair to him and bad for us (and possible him as well)
Stop saying shit you know isn’t true. Cobbo is well and truely Fullback first outside back 2nd. Farnworth whilst I am against playing fullback needs to play before mead and Isaako. But if you seriously think he would do better than Cobbo your delusional.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I like all of this except for the comment about Mam, I really think he's ready or just about and as such, get him in there to form the combo with Reynolds ASAP.
You may be right, I just worry it’s too much too early for him.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

it'll be 2 - 3 games and it's a familiar position for him unlike Farnworth who hasn't played fullback for at least 2 + years. Niu is my preference but unfortunately it'll be a few games in.

simplythebest

simplythebest

NRL Player
May 22, 2014
I think Billy is a lock for 6. Ezra will definitely be there, but I think he'll start in QCup. Billy looks to be a smart footballer - has a good show and go, good defence and can ball play as well as run. He might not have the X Factor of Mam, but I think he's a more complete player.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Stop saying shit you know isn’t true. Cobbo is well and truely Fullback first outside back 2nd. Farnworth whilst I am against playing fullback needs to play before mead and Isaako. But if you seriously think he would do better than Cobbo your delusional.

so what you're saying is that Cobbo is a liar ... bold accusation

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Cobbo was gassed and couldn't chase an overweight winger. What makes you think he has the fitness for the toughest position in the game that needs unlimited energy

Active Now

• Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.