7pm — Saturday February 26: Rabbitohs vs Dragons
5.45pm — Sunday February 27: Storm vs Knights
7pm — Monday February 28: Sharks vs Bulldogs

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I got next to no positives out of that game. We should've waltzed that in by a cricket score. Instead we scraped home to a feckless draw.

In the forwards, Capewell towered above that festering coil of turd, looking a man amongst boys. And he looked more like a centre than any of our centres.

Hetherington and Flegler didn't disgrace themselves, but nothing to write home about. Carrigan was nothing special. Certainly not a forward leader. The rest, whatever.

Gamble can **** off. If he turns up to work on Monday with that clown haircut, he should get treated like the fucking clown he is. He's a fucking eyesore and he played like a ****. Gone.

Albert was second rate. Gone.

Billy was the best of our backs, but in honesty, he was outshone by the 14 year Titan old on debut. Stays.

Jake, your service isn't cutting it. Quit taking one step and passing without looking. Good as gone.

Paix was hit and miss. Attacked better than Jake, but that's not saying much. Again, outshone by Tanah Boyd.

Selwyn fell back to Earth after a preseason of stratospheric hype. Probably stays on the wing. Fucked if I know, but needs to work on his defence. To his credit, it's not his fault everyone's been hyping him.

Oates, gone. Your autumn's done come.

Mead vs Isaako. Please make it stop. Someone else.

Mariner. Marinate longer.

Kotoni. On the whole underwhelming. Never kick again. But class still evident.

Brenko and Jordan. Could do worse.

Ezra. Not ready, really not ready. But **** it, blood him now. Rip the bandaid off. Let's just do it.

The rest, I don't even want to think about.

Here's where I'm at, with very low confidence:

1. Fucked if I know. Herbie? Beats me.
2. Selwyn.
3. Kotoni
4. Brenko.
5. Jordan
6. Ezra
7. Adam
9. Billy
14. Kobe/Paix

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Didn’t get to watch the game unfortunately, but I’m stunned with Walters approval rating! Can someone
Shed some light on the best attributes of his game? I figured when I saw his age and his last name the coach was just throwing him a bone being in the squad. It’s great to hear he might actually have some useful skills for this squad.
I've rated Walters for a couple of years. He isn't flashy, but he's a competitor who fights for every play and likes to be around the ball. He'll be in a kick chase pressuring the catcher. I have a lot of time for players like that. I never thought it was nepotism. For a minimum wage buy that can cover hooker and halves, he'll be good.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
I wasn’t keen on Perira but haven’t been able to fault him yet, Oates needs a big game.

carrigan looked good when he came on very free moving which was a positive sign but he was rusty as time went on, cant see him starting straight away.

We still cannot get the ruck right and make too many mistakes we cause ourselves so much pain it’s just silly.. flegler and Oates need to get it right in particular to go to another level/hold their position

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Rnd 1 FB Isaako .

Left side Herbert - Brenko - Capewell -Billy

Right side Cobbo - Staggs - Riki ? - Renault

Middle Haas - Paix - James - Hetherington

Bench Ezra , Jensen , Robati , Carrigan .

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Hetherington easily looked better than Carrigan.

Only way Carrigan starts is if he gets prop ahead of Flegler.

that should be easy given Flegs is suspended until round 4

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Cobbo was gassed and couldn't chase an overweight winger. What makes you think he has the fitness for the toughest position in the game that needs unlimited energy
think it was more he gave spry to much room showing him the sideline and spry just gasses it , he definitely made ground on him but was to late.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I actually changed my mind on Cobbo at fb after tonight, he understandably still looks a bit raw, I think he’s been a victim of the hype somewhat, he’s still very much a kid. We don’t need to be rushing him. Unfortunately, Isaako is probably the best option until Niu is back.

J

Justwin

BRL Player
Feb 18, 2022
Didn’t get to watch the game unfortunately, but I’m stunned with Walters approval rating! Can someone
Shed some light on the best attributes of his game? I figured when I saw his age and his last name the coach was just throwing him a bone being in the squad. It’s great to hear he might actually have some useful skills for this squad.
His decision making was excellent. Knew when to run, when and where to release the ball and how to pick his moments. His defense was tight, while not snapping people in half like Turpin can do from time to time (I’m not sure how important that is if you’re making effective tackles).

Not quite as elusive as Paix though came off as a significantly more rounded and intelligent footy player than what most were probably expecting.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I got next to no positives out of that game. We should've waltzed that in by a cricket score. Instead we scraped home to a feckless draw.

In the forwards, Capewell towered above that festering coil of turd, looking a man amongst boys. And he looked more like a centre than any of our centres.

Hetherington and Flegler didn't disgrace themselves, but nothing to write home about. Carrigan was nothing special. Certainly not a forward leader. The rest, whatever.

Gamble can **** off. If he turns up to work on Monday with that clown haircut, he should get treated like the fucking clown he is. He's a fucking eyesore and he played like a ****. Gone.

Billy was the best of our backs, but in honesty, he was outshone by the 14 year Titan old on debut. Stays.

Jake, your service isn't cutting it. Quit taking one step and passing without looking. Good as gone.

Paix was hit and miss. Attacked better than Jake, but that's not saying much. Again, outshone by Tanah Boyd.

Selwyn fell back to Earth after a preseason of stratospheric hype. Probably stays on the wing. Fucked if I know, but needs to work on his defence. To his credit, it's not his fault everyone's been hyping him.

Ezra. Not ready, really not ready. But **** it, blood him now. Rip the bandaid off. Let's just do it.

2. Selwyn.
3. Kotoni
4. Brenko.
5. Jordan
6. Ezra
7. Adam
9. Billy
14. Kobe/Paix
I think there was some criticism that wasn’t warranted. Our forward pack was good especially hetho and Flegler I think you really missed the mark with that one. Carrigan was nothing special, nothing bad but it was his first game back from an acl so we give him a pass mark/ a C.

Turpin, Albert and Gamble just can’t be in the side I beg. I thought Paix was so good and didn’t really miss much except being out muscled for a try.

Selwyn got gassed once and the defensive issues on that edge in the first half stemmed from his inside men, mainly Staggs who tried to overplay his hand a bit. I think Ezra was a bit of a victim of the poor second half start and was surrounded by people he will have nothing to do with in the nrl. When the game got back to a bit more normal he shined.

Yep, Mariner continues to marinate and Oates can **** off right now for all I care.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I think there was some criticism that wasn’t warranted. Our forward pack was good especially hetho and Flegler I think you really missed the mark with that one. Carrigan was nothing special, nothing bad but it was his first game back from an acl so we give him a pass mark/ a C.

Turpin, Albert and Gamble just can’t be in the side I beg. I thought Paix was so good and didn’t really miss much except being out muscled for a try.

Selwyn got gassed once and the defensive issues on that edge in the first half stemmed from his inside men, mainly Staggs who tried to overplay his hand a bit. I think Ezra was a bit of a victim of the poor second half start and was surrounded by people he will have nothing to do with in the nrl. When the game got back to a bit more normal he shined.

Yep, Mariner continues to marinate and Oates can **** off right now for all I care.
We were playing a bunch of kids. Our forwards were supposed to push them into the sea.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

2. Selwyn.
3. Kotoni
4. Brenko.
5. Jordan
6. Ezra
7. Adam
9. Billy
14. Kobe/Paix
was always going to be the case .
a trial team pretty much full of youngsters and youngsters that have a chance to get into the first grade side will always give 100%.
players that are seasoned first graders will give you alot less , because they're only looking at game fitness and doing the little things. next trial will get a little more intense but still looking to keep things responsible to not get any injuries.
definitely things to work on but I wouldn't be reading to much into it.

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
It was a trial but gee we made a lot of unforced errors just like the last 2 years. The Fox commentators kept wanking on how the Broncos need to fix their defence but as alluded to by Corey Parker the problem is with poor ball control causing quite a few unforced errors some on tackle 1. Even Penrith or the Storm would have trouble defending that amount of mistakes. Interesting that once we started hanging onto the ball in the last 20 minutes the tries dried up for the Titans and we got a few.

I thought Albert Kelly played the worst game I've seen since he got to the Broncos and will probably find himself in the QLD Cup cup round 1. Gamble was just as bad but improved as the game wore on so maybe some rustiness there. At this stage Walters may be the 6 beside Reynolds but if Ezra has another game like tonight's next week it will really put pressure on Kevvy.

Capewell showed he will be money well spent and Pereira has to be one of the wingers. I'm hoping Paix starts next week and then Turpin follows. Turpins defence is outstanding but he offers very little in attack where as Paix is an able defender but is lethal around the ruck.

Jensen was solid tonight and should start in the front row with Haas. I know some people are calling for Mead to be fullback until Niu is fit but as said above Mead just seems to lack something. Possibly just age catching up with him.

Anyway the real indication will be next week and hopefully Reynolds will give the team a bit of guidance when attacking the line.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
If I’m picking a trial team next week this is what I want to see
1. Farnworth
2. Cobbo
3. Staggs
4. Lee
5:. Periera
6. Walters
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Paix
10. Flegler
11. Capewell
12. Riki if fit if not Pikuara
13. Hethrington

14. Turpin
15. Jensen
16. Carrigan
17. Robati
18. Mead
19. Gamble
20. Kennedy
21. James

the rest I’ve seen enough of
Mamm needs a full year in ISC to develop and the rest of the kids aren’t that great, they got demolished tonight

Unread

Active Now

• Organix
  • BroncosMan
  • Mr Fourex
  • Morkel
  • johnny plath
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Skyblues87
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • Aldo
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.