7pm — Saturday February 26: Rabbitohs vs Dragons
5.45pm — Sunday February 27: Storm vs Knights
7pm — Monday February 28: Sharks vs Bulldogs

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
If Paix starts at 9, Billy plays 14 and Ezra to 6.
If Turpin is 9, Paix 14 Billy 6.

I hope Herbie gets a run at Fullback next week, Mead is reliable and safe but he just seems to lack something there. Herbie you know youll probably get 200m a game. Herbie at Fullback would free up a centre spot for Lee.
Hetherington has to be starting 13 and I'd probably consider Jenson for round 1 with Flegler missing thought he was solid in the middle.
Jensen wasn't even close to Kennedy tonight. Kennedy was far better and was still making strong hitups and stinging defensive tackles plus a good offload or two. Even a good pass too.
I think he'll be in the 17.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I think we have to see the 3rd trial before making a call on the 6. That said it looks pretty good for walters but i havent seen him kick much.
Id go with isaako for rnd 1 based on tonight but it really depends on whats happening at training.
To me hethrington is the lock, carrigan to prop (off the bench to begin). Jensen may be a smokie if james isnt fit.
Im going with
1. Isaako
2. Periera
3 staggs
4 lee
5 farnsworth
6 Walters
7 reynolds
8 haas
9 turpin
10 james (if fit)/carrigan/jensen in that order of preference (obviously flegler after suspension)
11 capewell
12 ricki
13 hethrington
14 gamble
15 carrigan
16 robati
17 jensen
Mam is really close and might yet make round 1 but he just didnt involve himself enough for me to be confident and i want the 5/8 touching regularly, and that was walters.
Gamble did too but he was off tonight.
Id like to see him actually play 6 instead of 7 and i would have liked to have both halves work together but that didnt really happen. Hopefully reynolds brings that next week.
Carrigan did bugger all tonight. Jensen was much the same. Kennedy killed it tonight. Over 50 mins straight, don't think he missed a tackle, strong hitups, offloads and at least three bell ringer front on tackles.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Fortunate really, as he didn’t do much else.

Yeh, that’s right, I said it.

But honestly, Hetherington was light years ahead of him in the lock role. Carrigan as a bench prop to start the season (or perhaps starting with Flegler suspended).

He was fine considering its his first game back. Plus he's pulled out the offloads for 2022 as shown by his world class offload in the play that led to us scoring a try.

Hetherington played well, but he was basically just still a tackling machine like we are used to seeing at lock. We need a point of difference there still i feel. Still very difficult to judge a lot of these players in these trial games yet. Be better when we get closer to our starting 13.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Anyone naming Isaako as their round 1 fullback at this rate needs to be led out the back and shot
Out choices are Isaako, Mead, Herbie, or Cobbo. Not exactly overflowing with good options.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Anyone naming Isaako as their round 1 fullback at this rate needs to be led out the back and shot
What other choice do we have. Farnworth is a pipe dream and quite honestly mead isn’t that good, safe or reliable.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
He was fine considering its his first game back. Plus he's pulled out the offloads for 2022 as shown by his world class offload in the play that led to us scoring a try.

Hetherington played well, but he was basically just still a tackling machine like we are used to seeing at lock. We need a point of difference there still i feel. Still very difficult to judge a lot of these players in these trial games yet. Be better when we get closer to our starting 13.
He seemed to have attempted a passing game too but he sure isn’t Connor Watson,

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
A lot of people really negative about our middle forwards but every single one of them averaged 10 plus meters every run except Flegler who was just short. We had an influx in ability to offload and only 2 players in the middle forwards made errors (3/16). Our forward pack was by far and wide the best part of that game. Plus Billy and paix.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
i was too busy admiring my pizza to really concentrate on the game but i'm happy that kobe (apparently) played well.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008

You mean the offload he got AFTER Kennedy made a strong run dragging the defence and then OFFLOADING that led to the try?

HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
Walters deserves a spot - probably the 6 jersey.
Mam is very close behind, but give him half a year in QCup first and let him kick the door down.
Paix needs to be in the side - he’s now our best 9.
Hetherington deserves the 13. Carrigan should be nowhere near the lock position.

On a side note, it’s nice to have some real depth in the outside backs. Lee has done very well and will be valuable throughout the year, but I don’t see him starting unless Cobbo goes to wing.

Fullback was our biggest question mark coming into this game and we’re no closer to solving that after tonight.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I really think Reynolds fixes heaps of our biggest problems and we still have the maxim gun Payne Haas to come back into the side. Paix makes up for most of Turpin’s short comings and Walters v Mam is a good enough 6 option.

Our biggest flaw is a decent fullback and ass for hands.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I really think Reynolds fixes heaps of our biggest problems and we still have the maxim gun Payne Haas to come back into the side. Paix makes up for most of Turpin’s short comings and Walters v Mam is a good enough 6 option.

Our biggest flaw is a decent fullback and ass for hands.
Yeah discipline is an issue and when Niu is back I think we just tick the fullback box by the skin of our teeth. Finals is still my prediction but it won’t be easy. We never play well at CBus let’s hope we play better there later in the year.

Unread

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Gympie devil
  • Rambstien
  • leon.bott
  • Organix
  • BroncosMan
  • Morkel
  • johnny plath
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Skyblues87
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.