TRIAL 3: BRONCOS 6 v COWBOYS 26

SATURDAY FEB 26, 8PM (QLD TIME), 9PM (COCKROACH TIME): BRONCOS v COWBOYS. BB PRINT STADIUM, MACKAY

WEATHER

GUSTY STORM CLEARING. 23 DEGREES.

ScreenFMVl9reVcAA97uv

BRONCOS TEAM
1. Selwyn Cobbo
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Herbie Farnworth
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Billy Walters
8. Pat Carrigan
9. Cory Paix
10. Payne Haas
11. Kurt Capewell ©
12. Jordan Riki
13. Kobe Hetherington

14. Ryan James
15. Keenan Palasia
16. Jake Turpin
17. Rhys Kennedy
18. Corey Jensen
19. Tyson Gamble
20. TC Robati
21. David Mead
22. Ezra Mam
23. Brenko Lee
24. Jamayne Isaako

COWBOYS TEAM
1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Valentine Holmes
4. Peta Hiku
5. Murray Taulagi
6. Tom Dearden
7. Chad Townsend
8. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
9. Reece Robson
10. Coen Hess
11. Heilum Luki
12. Jeremiah Nanai
13. Reuben Cotter

14. Jake Granville
15. Jordan McLean
16. Mitch Dunn
17. Tom Gilbert
18. Brendan Elliot
19. Scott Drinkwater
20. Griffin Neame

Match will be telecast on Fox/Kayo.

Other matches in @theshed Cockroach time. Subtract an hour for QLD:

4pm — Sunday February 20: Panthers vs Sharks
6pm — Sunday February 20: Eels vs Dragons
7pm — Monday February 21: Bulldogs vs Knights
6pm — Friday February 25: Sea Eagles vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 25: Roosters vs Tigers
3pm — Saturday February 26: Warriors vs Titans
5pm — Saturday February 26: Panthers vs Eels
7pm — Saturday February 26: Rabbitohs vs Dragons
5.45pm — Sunday February 27: Storm vs Knights
7pm — Monday February 28: Sharks vs Bulldogs

My only huge concern is our Defence while I have not watched alot of trials i have seen a few and no other team looked as sloppy in the ruck as we do.

Reynolds will help our direction in attack and give the guys confidence with the ball but he is not going to fix how bad we look in defence.

hope for kevies sake he can get this fixed asap

I think Kevvie needs to pick up on when our forwards need a break. Payne needs to be used more than just a battering ram for long minutes. We have the forwards to rotate now.

Typical Broncos performance. Good first 20, start to get fatigued, give away dumb penalties, can't defend our line, look clueless when we have the ball in good field position. Rinse and repeat.
Obvious that the props needed a spell around the 25-30 minute mark. Hopefully kev is just getting them match fit and it’s not a sign of another season of bad bench rotation.

Haas ran 100m in 30 minutes. If that doesn’t earn a rest I dunno what does.

It's the same issue we've had pretty much the entire trials. Outside of ARey, we really don't have anyone suited to halfback. They're all runners of the footy, not game managers. Gamble comes the closest
Yep... fucking sick of seeing garbage kicking and game management from whoever is in the halves.

At least last year we would just bomb to corners and build pressure through defence.

Gamble kicking it dead again from beyond the 50m, Billy being unsure and chipping it straight to the winger, cross field kicks to Katoni and Pereira, who are not noted leapers, but leaving it 5m short of the goal line anyway.

They're just trying too much for the conditions, which is a lack of game awareness... it's only a trial, but you still want to see some fucking smarts to not throw a hospital pass at the line.

We may have our salary cap issues but **** me, Valentine Holmes if nothing but a tackling dummy out there tonight, he strolled over for a try but other than that he is clinging on for dear life every time Kotoni takes a carry

Ha ha deep breaths mate. I know the live chat is all about over-reactions but this is a bit much.
What about this is ok. Cowboys should come last this year and they have our number that is almost full strength. They are missing Taumalolo and Nanai who has apparently popped off this pre-season. Weak efforts in defence and theirs more white lines found in rehab than for this broncos team.

Obvious that the props needed a spell around the 25-30 minute mark. Hopefully kev is just getting them match fit and it’s not a sign of another season of bad bench rotation.

Haas ran 100m in 30 minutes. If that doesn’t earn a rest I dunno what does.
I wouldn't be resting anyone that sooked about training being too hard either.
Good on ya Kevvie, make em puke.

Play Billy at 9 for the 2nd half and leave Turpin on the bench 👌

Is Gamble playing himself back into the 6 jersey? Walters a bit frantic so far
He's playing right side (Reynolds side, so doubt it)...

Walters hasn't been bad, he just hadn't been good. He's looked a little bit likely but just like last week he has no idea inside the 20m zone, although no one else does so...

its tough conditions for any half to stake there claim in these conditions. Unfortunately both walters and gamble are overplaying there hand and not playing wet football .

but you cant blame them there both vying for that 6 jersey.

I dont think tonights game will change anything for round 1.

Pretty certain walters and reynolds will already have someone pencilled in for the 6 jersey for those first 4-6 rounds minimum

Yep... fucking sick of seeing garbage kicking and game management from whoever is in the halves.

At least last year we would just bomb to corners and build pressure through defence.

Gamble kicking it dead again from beyond the 50m, Billy being unsure and chipping it straight to the winger, cross field kicks to Katoni and Pereira, who are not noted leapers, but leaving it 5m short of the goal line anyway.

They're just trying too much for the conditions, which is a lack of game awareness... it's only a trial, but you still want to see some fucking smarts to not throw a hospital pass at the line.

My worry is we literally have one genuine 7 on our books. Gamble, Kelly, Walters and Mam are all 6's. We would be better having somebody solid from QCup like Nicholls or Scarlett as our backup 7 than these blokes.

Walters needs to run first and then think about passing, he had about 3 options when he coughed it up before half time and what he delivered surely wasn’t any of them

Gamble started well for wet weather. Nice little grubber that held up for Riki.

He then went into overplay mode, threw a couple awful wet weather passes and kicked it dead from long.

Just needs to calm it a little in the wet

He's playing right side (Reynolds side, so doubt it)...

Walters hasn't been bad, he just hadn't been good. He's looked a little bit likely but just like last week he has no idea inside the 20m zone, although no one else does so...
More of the bloody same that we've had for years. I think go Ezra if for nothing else he knows where the try line is.

That right side defence with Staggs and Pereira was all over the place for their second try.
Pereira was in at the ruck on the play before... they were always scrambling when your winger is 30m in field on a half break by a forward.

Someone is going to need to inform Capewell his jersey changed, can't get away with shit in the ruck anymore
I literally said the same thing when he was penalised the first of his 2 penalties.

Let’s hope they pull there heads in. We are currently suffering the away jersey curse. Just don’t ever wear it. Never goes well for us.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • davidp
  • phoenix
  • Wolfie
  • Smokin' Joe
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Alec
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Xzei
  • azza.79
  • Gaz
  • bb_gun
  • scobie
  • Financeguy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brocko
  • The True King
  • Hurrijo
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.