Trial #3 Warriors vs Broncos - POST GAME DISCUSSION

The only hope I can hang my hat on is a trial game I watched in Toowoomba. It was against Melbourne and we copped a similar hammering to what we did today. I think they put 50 on us from memory. That year was 2006, and we all know what happened later that year. #Straws #Clutching

Speaking of trials in Toowoomba, I happened to get along to one last night between the Cowboys and the Titans. If the 2 games I watched last night and today are anything to go by, the Cowboys should put 60 on us in round 2 (JT-Lui vs Nikorima-Hunt LOL), and then the Titans shouldn't have any problems beating us comprehensively when we meet them. Even though the Titans were well beaten they showed some good signs. Which is way more than what can be said for us today.

I feel like Apollo Creed after today's effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't matter how fit or how many bench press records are broken you will still get smashed by 2-3 tacklers. When will griffindor realize one out hit ups haven't worked since under 12s. New season same old poo tactics

Who was our defensive couch before our current spud?

I want Griffin gone as much as the next person, but lord help us all if Kearney remains or even worse caretaker coach, how the hell did he get the Kiwi coach job again? Has he got dirt on all those who reappointed him?

TBH he hasn't done to bad of a job as a Kiwi coach. He has won the World Cup and 4 Nations and took New Zealand to the final last year. Him being a Kiwi great also helps and brings appeal to it.

Found our replacement for Kearney as defensive coach

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH he hasn't done to bad of a job as a Kiwi coach. He has won the World Cup and 4 Nations and took New Zealand to the final last year. Him being a Kiwi great also helps and brings appeal to it.

Under Bennett's guidance yes, at club level and when Bennett stepped away the real Kearney is shown, we want results, both need to go.

Last edited:
Plus Kearney is NOT a Broncs legend and seems to lack respect from players.

The only hope I can hang my hat on is a trial game I watched in Toowoomba. It was against Melbourne and we copped a similar hammering to what we did today. I think they put 50 on us from memory. That year was 2006, and we all know what happened later that year. #Straws #Clutching

Speaking of trials in Toowoomba, I happened to get along to one last night between the Cowboys and the Titans. If the 2 games I watched last night and today are anything to go by, the Cowboys should put 60 on us in round 2 (JT-Lui vs Nikorima-Hunt LOL), and then the Titans shouldn't have any problems beating us comprehensively when we meet them. Even though the Titans were well beaten they showed some good signs. Which is way more than what can be said for us today.

Speaking of Toowoomba, would it help development if we had one QRL team as a feeder club like the Clydesdales were back in the day?

Under Bennett's guidance yes, at club level and when Bennett stepped away the real Kearney is shown, we want results, both need to go.

Bennett was obviously a great asset to New Zealand in 2008 and was one of the main reasons why they won but Kearney did win the 2010 4 Nations against the odds without him so he has achieved some success as a Kiwi coach. His coaching tenure at NRL level is a fail apart from his time as assistant to Bellamy.

Lol, Griffin. Would love to have him back doing that.

I think we had Alfie as Griffin's assistant, and I couldn't imagine him being a defensive coach lol, so yeah, it must have been Griffin?

Griffin was defensive coach before he was head coach ... not sure who did it in 2011.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.