Trials

Sounds like Taylor still isnt fit, what is the coaching staff not doing to help him

Flutterby said:
Bet you a Dagwood Dog you don't

Coxy said:
You're on!

mmmm free food!

The bet being that Coxy wouldn't come to the trial match at Langlands - looks like you owe me some food [icon_razz1

On the subject of the game, the Tigers beat the Broncos U20s 30-10. Broncos were scoreless in the second half. To be honest I thought the Broncos were pretty woeful - terrible in defence, a bit lost in attack and quite a lot of silly little mistakes. They had some moments of good footy, but not that impressive. However I do have to say the Tigers were pretty on - they defended with intent (the best I have seen them defend in 3 years) and they gelled in attack - hopefully it keeps up for the Q-Cup season; hopefully the Broncos U20 improve remarkably.

The Rock said:
spoonbled said:
Sounds like Taylor still isnt fit, what is the coaching staff not doing to help him

You mean what is Taylor not doing to help himself.

You spoken to Ivan recently?

Beale - Looked good at the back he was one of the best backs IMO and I think he moved to the centres when De Vere went to FB. Oh and he put a massive shot on White [icon_evillaugh and he dones a few nice little attacking kicks which nearlly lead to tries.
Winterstein - Was good, shut Turner down well, he put a massive hit on someone knocking them over the sideline (i think it was Slater) which everyone loved [icon_razz1
De Vere - Solid in defence as usual. Made a few nice tackles and didn't look too bad when he moved to Fullback.
Folau - Shut down everytime he touched the ball. He couldn't really do anything.
Yow yeh - Looked alright in attack, took a nice cross field kick but we didn't end up scoring off it and made a few good runs.
Lockyer - Wasn't too good. Kicked out on the full and when he kicked for touch he didnt find the sideline. He didn't play many minutes ither.
Wallace - Same as Lockyer
Kenny - icon_thumbs_u Great game. he brang his big hits and hard running to this game. Hes looking the goods. Oh and hes bloody huge!
Gorrell - Was alright and he moved into the Halves when Locky/wallace went off and he made a few nice kicks.
McCullough - Played well when he came on and done some nice kicks.

Hope that helped. Anyone else who went to the game feel free to add something i forgot.
Beale would be my first pick out of Beale, Winterstein, Yow Yeh for a wing spot but the other 2 played well too.

Flutterby said:
Flutterby said:

Coxy said:
You're on!

mmmm free food!

The bet being that Coxy wouldn't come to the trial match at Langlands - looks like you owe me some food [icon_razz1

I was sure I read somewhere that you and Tee couldn't make the game anymore so looked like the bet was off...but hey, how about I pay up by giving you the last 2 episodes of Underbelly :P

On the subject of the game, the Tigers beat the Broncos U20s 30-10. Broncos were scoreless in the second half. To be honest I thought the Broncos were pretty woeful - terrible in defence, a bit lost in attack and quite a lot of silly little mistakes. They had some moments of good footy, but not that impressive. However I do have to say the Tigers were pretty on - they defended with intent (the best I have seen them defend in 3 years) and they gelled in attack - hopefully it keeps up for the Q-Cup season; hopefully the Broncos U20 improve remarkably.

Bear in mind what you've just described is pretty much how the Broncos U20s were at the start of last season.

Meh - Tee didn't go, but I was always going to be there :p

Lyn, everything you said! The only thing, what was the penilty count? With result well in Melbs favour, it should have 36-6. Having 2 refs doesnt make any difference! They still cant see blantent (sp) forward passes, and knockons. Poor Izzy, every time he got close to the ball, he got swamped. Very impressed with Kenny! He has worked very hard in the off season, looks very hot ladies [icon_wink .
Yes! there was silly mistakes, but Locky & Wally didnt play the 2nd half. I'm looking forward to rd 1.

Flutterby said:
Flutterby said:

Coxy said:
You're on!

mmmm free food!

Sounds good. Looking at their playing squad, it seems a lot stronger than last year's roster. Hopefully that translates into success.

And it's great to hear even more positive reports about Kenny's preseason form. He's the man to lead the props this season. icon_thumbs_u

Everything i have read said the Clinton improved as well. Fingers crossed both him and Kenny have big seasons. We'll need it!

Also the one thing I would like to add is that De Vere was very very good, especially for his first hitout. shutdown a number of attacking plays

Loving De Vere, hopefully he can prove the doubters wrong. LOL if he made Origin again! :p

I notice none of the reviews about De Vere mention anything about his attack/voluntary tackling.

DeVere is awesome he will nail down a first grade spot and watch our young and talented players waste away in QLD cup awesome I can't wait.

Beads6 said:
DeVere is awesome he will nail down a first grade spot and watch our young and talented players waste away in QLD cup awesome I can't wait.

Me either!!!! I will particularly enjoy watching him dive like a soccer player before he gets to the defensive line. He hasn't played NRL since the refs yell "SURRENDER" he will be king of it!

He is a great attacking centre cmon be fair!

Can't say I agree with you guys here.

de Vere's experience in the backline will be invaluable considering we'll have two debutants in round one. if we were full strength, I wouldn't have him near the team but he'll balance out the youth nicely.

Who knows, the young chaps might even learn a thing or two from him.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Beads6 said:

Me either!!!! I will particularly enjoy watching him dive like a soccer player before he gets to the defensive line. He hasn't played NRL since the refs yell "SURRENDER" he will be king of it!

You love soccer!!

Active Now

• Spoon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncorob
  • NSW stables
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.