SATIRE Turpin: I Want To Be A Bronco For Life

RETRACTION: the following contains a misprint.

Excitement machine Jake Turpin says he wants to be a Brisbane Bronco for life, and is 100% dedicated to the club. The tireless former captain – who turns 25 in November as the Broncos play the Warriors at Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe tomorrow – is the latest emerging talent to express his commitment to Brisbane, joining halfback Adam Reynolds and centre Kotoni Staggs.

“I want to be a Bronco for life. My main thought is I don’t want to leave this club. I’m happy at the Broncos and Kevvie has been really welcoming. I want to help turn this club around. My immediate focus is playing good football. But I‘m 100 per cent dedicated to the Broncos."​
BHQ Best Round one
Fan favourite

“We have come back fresh and started with new staff. It feels like a new club, there is a family feel and Kevvie is a family-orientated bloke. He is getting the camaraderie going again and bringing back past players to have chats with us. There is a huge history of the club and Kevvie is teaching us when we put on that Broncos jersey, you represent the past, the present and all the people of Queensland."​

“It all starts again tomorrow afternoon I can’t wait to get back out there, we want to make amends for the Broncos fans and show them we care about the jumper.”​

Tomorrow afternoon's Round 4 clash with the Warriors will be the first time that members and fans will get a chance to see many of the current Broncos team play at their future home ground.

McHunt

You know how when our players say they “want to be a Bronco for life” and then we discover they’re actually in the cooling off period after signing with a new club.

Can we dream?

So do I, Jake. But you can't always get what you want.

Turpin wants to be a Bronco for life.. the Broncos want some life out of Turpin 🤷‍♂️

I'd take him with this attitude over the merkins who want a million undeserved dollars a season and hold the club to ransom by threatening to join the Roosters or the Storm if they don't.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but this is the attitude i love to see coming from a Bronco.
I just hope he can get some good form and start playing with a bit more venom in attack because his defense is solid.

Excitement machine Jake Turpin

WTF?? :rofl

I'd take him with this attitude over the merkins who want a million undeserved dollars a season and hold the club to ransom by threatening to join the Roosters or the Storm if they don't.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but this is the attitude i love to see coming from a Bronco.
I just hope he can get some good form and start playing with a bit more venom in attack because his defense is solid.
He's only saying this to make Redcliffe bid higher.

Yeah and I want one night with Scarlett Johansson, but I just don't see it happening.

April can stay but you gotta go.

I'm not against it. You want players to want to be at the club and he is a great depth option. If he is happy to take cheap, one year deals and hopefully slowly make way for Paix and then Mozer, why not? Could he play elsewhere? Could he be a bench utility?

I'm not against it. You want players to want to be at the club and he is a great depth option. If he is happy to take cheap, one year deals and hopefully slowly make way for Paix and then Mozer, why not? Could he play elsewhere? Could he be a bench utility?
Play him at 9 for the first 30ish bring on Mozer to finish the game (when he's ready of course) Paix/Billy in the meantime, Turpin then plays like a lock and gives Kobe a rest at some point.
I think he's played some of his best footy when not playing 9.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Aldo
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • mitch222
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.