SATIRE Turpin: I Want To Be A Bronco For Life

RETRACTION: the following contains a misprint.

Excitement machine Jake Turpin says he wants to be a Brisbane Bronco for life, and is 100% dedicated to the club. The tireless former captain – who turns 25 in November as the Broncos play the Warriors at Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe tomorrow – is the latest emerging talent to express his commitment to Brisbane, joining halfback Adam Reynolds and centre Kotoni Staggs.

“I want to be a Bronco for life. My main thought is I don’t want to leave this club. I’m happy at the Broncos and Kevvie has been really welcoming. I want to help turn this club around. My immediate focus is playing good football. But I‘m 100 per cent dedicated to the Broncos."​
BHQ Best Round one
Fan favourite

“We have come back fresh and started with new staff. It feels like a new club, there is a family feel and Kevvie is a family-orientated bloke. He is getting the camaraderie going again and bringing back past players to have chats with us. There is a huge history of the club and Kevvie is teaching us when we put on that Broncos jersey, you represent the past, the present and all the people of Queensland."​

“It all starts again tomorrow afternoon I can’t wait to get back out there, we want to make amends for the Broncos fans and show them we care about the jumper.”​

Tomorrow afternoon's Round 4 clash with the Warriors will be the first time that members and fans will get a chance to see many of the current Broncos team play at their future home ground.

McHunt

Ask and you shall not receive.

I hope

Jeez is Turps only 24? Does he seem like a 29-31 year old journeyman to anyone else? Probably just me lol. Anyway, like others I applaud his attitude which is obviously sorely needed at the club. Happy to have him around as a bridge to more exciting future options.

Easily the best dummy option at the club and one of the many reasons why the club is struggling so badly.

I hope this makes the Dolphins pay 600k for him.

I must operate on a completely different idea set.

The value his attitude brings is what builds a culture of wanting to be a Bronco and pride in the jersey.
That's the culture that saw the Broncos be the powerhouse they were in the 90's/2000's and people here are wanting him gone because he has had an ordinary couple of seasons in a wooden spoon team with zero consistency.

Would you rather fill the club with guys that dont give a **** so long as the paycheck is big enough?
Like Milford? The very same guys that gave us our wooden spoon?

For sure there is plenty of room for Turps to improve, but jeez his attitude is spot on and we need more of it, not less.

Tomorrow afternoon's Round 4 clash with the Warriors will be the first time that members and fans will get a chance to see many of the current Broncos team play at their future home ground.

WTF does this actually mean ?

Fans can see Broncos traitors before they join Redcliffe ?
Warriors are making Dolphin Oval their home ground in the future ?
Broncos are moving to Redcliffe ?
Or other ?

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Mighty Bronx
  • rnabokov
  • Broncorob
  • Confidor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.