SATIRE Turpin: I Want To Be A Bronco For Life

RETRACTION: the following contains a misprint.

Excitement machine Jake Turpin says he wants to be a Brisbane Bronco for life, and is 100% dedicated to the club. The tireless former captain – who turns 25 in November as the Broncos play the Warriors at Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe tomorrow – is the latest emerging talent to express his commitment to Brisbane, joining halfback Adam Reynolds and centre Kotoni Staggs.

“I want to be a Bronco for life. My main thought is I don’t want to leave this club. I’m happy at the Broncos and Kevvie has been really welcoming. I want to help turn this club around. My immediate focus is playing good football. But I‘m 100 per cent dedicated to the Broncos."​
BHQ Best Round one
Fan favourite

“We have come back fresh and started with new staff. It feels like a new club, there is a family feel and Kevvie is a family-orientated bloke. He is getting the camaraderie going again and bringing back past players to have chats with us. There is a huge history of the club and Kevvie is teaching us when we put on that Broncos jersey, you represent the past, the present and all the people of Queensland."​

“It all starts again tomorrow afternoon I can’t wait to get back out there, we want to make amends for the Broncos fans and show them we care about the jumper.”​

Tomorrow afternoon's Round 4 clash with the Warriors will be the first time that members and fans will get a chance to see many of the current Broncos team play at their future home ground.

McHunt

Worries me people putting so much faith in Mozer. In all reality, he is probably a good 2 years away minimum.

You need to balance your worry with the fact that the chances of the person having watched Meninga is near 0.

Surely we're due a junior who doesn't suck, that being said if he is good, he'll be at another club 1 week before his debut.
Yep, we are basically a feeder club for the Storm and Titans and soon to be Dolphins.

You need to balance your worry with the fact that the chances of the person having watched Meninga is near 0.

I do get that. We do seem to have a lot of people get caught up in hype rather than in a players actual output and ability. I know its a different regime, but i'm hoping we let these players develop properly and only through them in if they are genuinely ready for first grade. We have been stung a fair bit blooding some of these players early and it appears at times we have done it to get them to sign contracts.

Re: Coates, he has only played 3 matches there before signing a new contract. Did they see enough in his limited time there to offer him a pay rise or is he just really loving the place?

Surely we're due a junior who doesn't suck, that being said if he is good, he'll be at another club 1 week before his debut.
Wait wasn't Cobbo the junior that didn't suck... or maybe Staggs... no wait it was Haas

I think you mean we're due a spine player who doesn't suck... or maybe just a spine player... **** it I'd be happy with us finding a junior that is a competent spine player that can be an above average NRL player

Re: Coates, he has only played 3 matches there before signing a new contract. Did they see enough in his limited time there to offer him a pay rise or is he just really loving the place?
Who the **** cares... he's a dirty purple Vic that will play 3 games a year in maroon.

Wait wasn't Cobbo the junior that didn't suck... or maybe Staggs... no wait it was Haas

I think you mean we're due a spine player who doesn't suck... or maybe just a spine player... **** it I'd be happy with us finding a junior that is a competent spine player that can be an above average NRL player
I really meant spine player. Haas is as special as they come. Staggs could be, but he'll need a lot of hard work to become elite, but he has the talent.

Our spine players though, damn we've had a shit run for what feels like 20 years.

I really meant spine player. Haas is as special as they come. Staggs could be, but he'll need a lot of hard work to become elite, but he has the talent.

Our spine players though, damn we've had a shit run for what feels like 20 years.
Is Khunt literally the last legit star spine player we unearthed??

I was originally thinking Darren back in 1997, but Khunt was legit elite as a fullback

Bhunt was a quality half, but had limitations with his kicking game
Hodgo was a center / outside back first
We've basically had no hooker since Berro... who I think was originally a half, that was a better center and then actually became an awesome hooker
Darius became an awesome fullback away from the club
Milf was bought .. and only played like 2-3 good-to-great years
Bird was bought... and an outside back they wanted to shoehorn into the spine... and injury prone

I know I'm probably completely missing someone...

Is Khunt literally the last legit star spine player we unearthed??

I was originally thinking Darren back in 1997, but Khunt was legit elite as a fullback

Bhunt was a quality half, but had limitations with his kicking game
Hodgo was a center / outside back first
We've basically had no hooker since Berro... who I think was originally a half, that was a better center and then actually became an awesome hooker
Darius became an awesome fullback away from the club
Milf was bought .. and only played like 2-3 good-to-great years
Bird was bought... and an outside back they wanted to shoehorn into the spine... and injury prone

I know I'm probably completely missing someone...

We have unearthed a few decent to great spine players recently, our problem is we screw up keeping them. Think Walsh, Taylor, Dearden, Simpkin. Now I know people will pick Taylor out of that list and have a go at it and probably fair enough but he is a decent playmaker. The other three look very good to great potentially. Walker is still the one I will never fathom screwing up, an old boy’s kid who looked amazing at every level he played. How the heck do you screw that up?

We have unearthed a few decent to great spine players recently, our problem is we screw up keeping them. Think Walsh, Taylor, Dearden, Simpkin. Now I know people will pick Taylor out of that list and have a go at it and probably fair enough but he is a decent playmaker. The other three look very good to great potentially. Walker is still the one I will never fathom screwing up, an old boy’s kid who looked amazing at every level he played. How the heck do you screw that up?
Please stop revisiting these painful events.

The club went into free fall and we, as supporters, were all asleep at the wheel.

You know I'll need to spend a few hours in a darkened room now to alleviate the trauma you have just triggered.

They probably wanted to lock him in before he finds out just how shit the weather is down there.

They probably wanted to lock him in before he finds out just how shit the weather is down there.

Which is a fair point, it’s been unusually nice the last few weeks.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Emanon
  • rnabokov
  • Broncorob
  • Confidor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.