SATIRE Turpin: I Want To Be A Bronco For Life

RETRACTION: the following contains a misprint.

Excitement machine Jake Turpin says he wants to be a Brisbane Bronco for life, and is 100% dedicated to the club. The tireless former captain – who turns 25 in November as the Broncos play the Warriors at Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe tomorrow – is the latest emerging talent to express his commitment to Brisbane, joining halfback Adam Reynolds and centre Kotoni Staggs.

“I want to be a Bronco for life. My main thought is I don’t want to leave this club. I’m happy at the Broncos and Kevvie has been really welcoming. I want to help turn this club around. My immediate focus is playing good football. But I‘m 100 per cent dedicated to the Broncos."​
BHQ Best Round one
Fan favourite

“We have come back fresh and started with new staff. It feels like a new club, there is a family feel and Kevvie is a family-orientated bloke. He is getting the camaraderie going again and bringing back past players to have chats with us. There is a huge history of the club and Kevvie is teaching us when we put on that Broncos jersey, you represent the past, the present and all the people of Queensland."​

“It all starts again tomorrow afternoon I can’t wait to get back out there, we want to make amends for the Broncos fans and show them we care about the jumper.”​

Tomorrow afternoon's Round 4 clash with the Warriors will be the first time that members and fans will get a chance to see many of the current Broncos team play at their future home ground.

McHunt

It’s a shame Turpin hasn’t worked out. He has a great attitude and is elite defensively. Unfortunately though he has 0 attacking weapons. Makes McCullough look like Cameron Smith. Kevvie needs to make the call and bring Paix in. The kid is a gem.

It’s a shame Turpin hasn’t worked out. He has a great attitude and is elite defensively. Unfortunately though he has 0 attacking weapons. Makes McCullough look like Cameron Smith. Kevvie needs to make the call and bring Paix in. The kid is a gem.
Paix has been playing 80 minutes in cup so hopefully the plan has always been to give him a few rounds to work on fitness before bringing into the NRL team for 40 minute stints.

What the hell happened to Turpin? Seriously. He used to be pretty good in attack, sold dummies for tries, scooted from the play the ball, had a decent kick on him as well. Has to be someone 'simplifying' his role right?

What the hell happened to Turpin? Seriously. He used to be pretty good in attack, sold dummies for tries, scooted from the play the ball, had a decent kick on him as well. Has to be someone 'simplifying' his role right?

A lot of things are definitely pointing toward coaching.

A lot of things are definitely pointing toward coaching.
I'm going with the coaching too. You can't question his work ethic or his energy level. And has he some base level halves skills because we've seen them when he filled there. He's not a great half, not even an NRL standard half, but he has way more skills than we're seeing.

Every commentator, pro or otherwise is saying the same thing about his service. It's slow. It's predictable. His double pump. The useless step before passing. He doesn't run. He makes the wrong decisions. It's costing us line speed.

So, of course the coaching staff know this. But they've made no attempt to rectify it. Which suggests it's by design.

The rot started under Macca's mentorship, during Seibold's tenure. He emulated Macca's worst traits, ironically the ones that got him his position in the first place.

But never mind Macca, or even Seibold, he's had the brains trust of Kevvie, Boxhead and Alfie dissecting the tapes, raking over ever play he's made. They even liked what they saw enough to appoint him captain, over Payne Haas.

So it's either like this:

1. He's playing to their plan. They don't see a problem.
2. He's stuck in his ways, hampered by his own limitations.

If it's 2, then why hasn't he been punted to the QCup? But if it's 1, why hasn't he been extended?

I'm going to keep pointing the finger at Alfie Langer. If you're seeing it, he's seeing it, and he's done nothing to improve it. What the **** is Alfie doing at the club?

I'm going with the coaching too. You can't question his work ethic or his energy level. And has he some base level halves skills because we've seen them when he filled there. He's not a great half, not even an NRL standard half, but he has way more skills than we're seeing.

Every commentator, pro or otherwise is saying the same thing about his service. It's slow. It's predictable. His double pump. The useless step before passing. He doesn't run. He makes the wrong decisions. It's costing us line speed.

So, of course the coaching staff know this. But they've made no attempt to rectify it. Which suggests it's by design.

The rot started under Macca's mentorship, during Seibold's tenure. He emulated Macca's worst traits, ironically the ones that got him his position in the first place.

But never mind Macca, or even Seibold, he's had the brains trust of Kevvie, Boxhead and Alfie dissecting the tapes, raking over ever play he's made. They even liked what they saw enough to appoint him captain, over Payne Haas.

If it's 2, then why hasn't he been punted to the QCup? But if it's 1, why hasn't he been extended?

I'm going to keep pointing the finger at Alfie Langer. If you're seeing it, he's seeing it, and he's done nothing to improve it. What the **** is Alfie doing at the club?
Carrigan still can’t pass despite being continuously picked at lock.
Haas hasn’t developed an offload.
Niu can’t catch or position himself despite being continually picked at fullback.
Cobbo can’t hold onto the ball.
Turpin has no attack yet still gets picked at hooker.
Hetherington is meant to be “our Radley” yet has not demonstrated any ball playing.
Herbie still can’t pass.
Flegler has spent all off season working on his discipline - on report 4 times and sent off in his first game.
Staggs is completely non-existent

All these flaws have been known for 2 years minimum but we haven’t seen any improvement in any of them.

24 Hour Party Planner

Carrigan still can’t pass despite being continuously picked at lock.
Haas hasn’t developed an offload.
Niu can’t catch or position himself despite being continually picked at fullback.
Cobbo can’t hold onto the ball.
Turpin has no attack yet still gets picked at hooker.
Hetherington is meant to be “our Radley” yet has not demonstrated any ball playing.
Herbie still can’t pass.
Flegler has spent all off season working on his discipline - on report 4 times and sent off in his first game.
Staggs is completely non-existent

All these flaws have been known for 2 years minimum but we haven’t seen any improvement in any of them.
Meanwhile, Walsh was in everything last night. Chiming into the line. Setting up tries. Chasing kicks. Kicking goals. Ran down Oates at full tilt. Constantly talking and niggling.

He's exactly what we need. We have to throw everything at him, and also make sure Bennett doesn't win.

Meanwhile, Walsh was in everything last night. Chiming into the line. Setting up tries. Chasing kicks. Kicking goals. Ran down Oates at full tilt. Constantly talking and niggling.

He's exactly what we need. We have to throw everything at him, and also make sure Bennett doesn't win.
Yeah, wasn't initially keen to get him back but totally agree with this. He's exactly what we need. A bit of spark and energy. We need to start looking elsewhere for spine players

Yeah, wasn't initially keen to get him back but totally agree with this. He's exactly what we need. A bit of spark and energy. We need to start looking elsewhere for spine players
I think we might need to be prepared to pay overs for him and shed a couple of names. Yes, we're that desperate.

Maybe we shouldn’t have let him go

we 1,000,000% should have ... completely wrong attitude when you are trying to rebuild a teams culture.

not to mention that it would have continued the trend from the previous 2 years that led us to the spoon

we 1,000,000% should have ... completely wrong attitude when you are trying to rebuild a teams culture.

not to mention that it would have continued the trend from the previous 2 years that led us to the spoon
How does it make us look if we have to grovel too him and pay overs just to get him back? 😂

Unread

Active Now

• UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • The Boss
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.