Wake up and smell what's cooking: Controlled demolition

Calm down princess.

If it quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, its a fucking duck.

If you truly believe all that has gone on over the past few seasons is purely coincidental and negligent then you were deprived of oxygen in the womb.

The simplest explanation is that in the face of overwhelming evidence that the total and complete collapse of one the biggest and most successful club in the NRL is down to a series of keystone cops level bumbling and not obviously orchestrated, then you are the exact type of retard the Vlandys mafia are targeting.

Yes, its the simplest explanation, because the alternative is so unbelievable its laughable.
Honestly, do you truly believe that a club with the success of the Broncos, just all of a sudden became completely and utterly incompetent all by themselves?
Grats Jimmy, you have shit for brains and Vlandys is rubbing his hands together in glee knowing there are fools like you out there that gobble his bullshit up and thank him for it with a quick wristy right after!
Okay let's pick just one of the OP's points and consider whether it's the simplest explanation for how events unfolded.

We hired Seibold on a 5 year contract. Is it simpler to say we did so because he just came off a season where he won coach of the year and was being courted heavily by the Rabbitohs to renew his contract, so the club wanted to put forward an attractive offer for a seemingly talented young coach - or is it simpler to say that the Broncos CEO and/or board were being paid off by unknown forces (do you think it was Vlandys at this stage?) to intentionally sabotage the club by hiring a coach they knew would drive the club into the ground?

Do you think it's simpler to suggest that Seibold failed intentionally rather than that he just wasn't up to the job?

Okay let's pick just one of the OP's points and consider whether it's the simplest explanation for how events unfolded.

We hired Seibold on a 5 year contract. Is it simpler to say we did so because he just came off a season where he won coach of the year and was being courted heavily by the Rabbitohs to renew his contract, so the club wanted to put forward an attractive offer for a seemingly talented young coach - or is it simpler to say that the Broncos CEO and/or board were being paid off by unknown forces (do you think it was Vlandys at this stage?) to intentionally sabotage the club by hiring a coach they knew would drive the club into the ground?

Do you think it's simpler to suggest that Seibold failed intentionally rather than that he just wasn't up to the job?
First, is there a single other club in the history of Rugby League that has signed an unproven rookie coach to a record length deal?
Even Bellamy only got renewed for 4 years and that was directly after winning a premiership.

So the simplest explication is that there is some other factor at play in the 5 year signing of an unproven rookie coach, because its unprecedented and just doesn't happen.

What those factors are we dont know, but it is most certainly not normal, and thus the obvious line of thought is there is some agenda or alternative factor at play.

The simplest explanation in this situation is most certainly not a bumbling series of errors amongst an entire board to come to this decision as it is foolish from a financial standpoint, and incredibly risky at best.
Thus, the simplest explanation is that these events played out to serve some external purpose, as is now evident by the shitshow that was Seibolds short and completely failed tenure at the Broncos.

And to add, a second Brisbane team is not just a magically new idea that Emperor Vlandys pioneered.
It has been in the works for a while now and the guys that are invested in the NRL money machine know full well that the heartland of rugby league is the most viable location to add another team to increase revenue, but to do that, they will inevitably need some Broncos fans to jump ship to the new team for it to be successful.
The best way to do that, is obviously the failure of the Broncos at all levels.

I refuse to sit here and be led to believe that the downfall of the Broncos over the past few years has been due to Mr Bean levels of bumbling incompetence and the mishandling of all elements of the club from the Ceo down to the coach.

And if by chance that is the case, then the Broncos need to literally fire every single person at the club and start from scratch, because to be this incompetent is unforgivable.

And this is why, to me, the simplest explanation of the situation our once very successful club finds itself in is no accident.

I refuse to sit here and be led to believe that the downfall of the Broncos over the past few years has been due to Mr Bean levels of bumbling incompetence and the mishandling of all elements of the club from the Ceo down to the coach.

And if by chance that is the case, then the Broncos need to literally fire every single person at the club and start from scratch, because to be this incompetent is unforgivable.

And this is why, to me, the simplest explanation of the situation our once very successful club finds itself in is no accident.
So, according to your (nutjob) theory, the Broncos board & CEO and News Limited have been complicit in a conspiracy with the ARL Commission, well prior to Vlandy's being appointed as chair, to basically drive the Broncos as a club to benefit a new Brisbane club that was only in the contemplation and by no means certain of being awarded the licence.

That will do me. Please step forward and receive your tin foil hat, your roll of tinfoil to prevent the 5G rays and your anti-Bill Gates protection laser.

it was

First, is there a single other club in the history of Rugby League that has signed an unproven rookie coach to a record length deal?
Even Bellamy only got renewed for 4 years and that was directly after winning a premiership.

So the simplest explication is that there is some other factor at play in the 5 year signing of an unproven rookie coach, because its unprecedented and just doesn't happen.

What those factors are we dont know, but it is most certainly not normal, and thus the obvious line of thought is there is some agenda or alternative factor at play.

The simplest explanation in this situation is most certainly not a bumbling series of errors amongst an entire board to come to this decision as it is foolish from a financial standpoint, and incredibly risky at best.
Thus, the simplest explanation is that these events played out to serve some external purpose, as is now evident by the shitshow that was Seibolds short and completely failed tenure at the Broncos.
Mate... You say you're presenting the simplest explanation, but you say you don't know what factors contributed to the decision making in hiring Seibold.

Do you see where I'm coming from at all when I say it that it is simpler to assume the club saw what they thought was a talented coach but ultimately got it very wrong?

So, according to your (nutjob) theory, the Broncos board & CEO and News Limited have been complicit in a conspiracy with the ARL Commission, well prior to Vlandy's being appointed as chair, to basically drive the Broncos as a club to benefit a new Brisbane club that was only in the contemplation and by no means certain of being awarded the licence.

That will do me. Please step forward and receive your tin foil hat, your roll of tinfoil to prevent the 5G rays and your anti-Bill Gates protection laser.

it was
haha

100% mate.
This is completely and entirely orchestrated to bring in the second team.

Mate... You say you're presenting the simplest explanation, but you say you don't know what factors contributed to the decision making in hiring Seibold.

Do you see where I'm coming from at all when I say it that it is simpler to assume the club saw what they thought was a talented coach but ultimately got it very wrong?
Yea i see where you are coming from, but i also find it very hard to believe we would sign a rookie coach on a record deal at the same time as having the club fall to pieces at every level while winning our first spoon and losing some of the most promising up and coming talents all at the same time the new club is working to come into Brisbane.

I do love a good conspiracy.

Yea i see where you are coming from, but i also find it very hard to believe we would sign a rookie coach on a record deal at the same time as having the club fall to pieces at every level while winning our first spoon and losing some of the most promising up and coming talents all at the same time the new club is working to come into Brisbane.

I do love a good conspiracy.
Well the decision to hire a shit coach goes a long way towards the everything falling apart, wouldn't you agree?

Look at the Eels in 2010. They hire Stephen Kearney on a rich 3-year deal. He hasn't coached first grade before but he's from the Melbourne system (remind you of someone?) and there's buzz about him after coaching the Kiwis to an upset World Cup victory.

2 years later the Eels are paying him out the final year of his contract after he takes them to back to back spoons. The Eels don't fully recover for another 6 years.

Incompetence is everywhere. We aren't immune because we're the Broncos.

Well the decision to hire a shit coach goes a long way towards the everything falling apart, wouldn't you agree?

Look at the Eels in 2010. They hire Stephen Kearney on a rich 3-year deal. He hasn't coached first grade before but he's from the Melbourne system (remind you of someone?) and there's buzz about him after coaching the Kiwis to an upset World Cup victory.

2 years later the Eels are paying him out the final year of his contract after he takes them to back to back spoons. The Eels don't fully recover for another 6 years.

Incompetence is everywhere. We aren't immune because we're the Broncos.
Yes and no, i think the Broncos dismantling started before Seibold got here, but accelerated hard once he was here.

As i said earlier, if this is the result of a series of total bumbling incompetence at all levels of the club, then that is a far more dire and seriously fucked situation than if there were elements at play, not to destroy the Broncos, but to diminish them in the short term while the new Brisbane club is being introduced.

Finding a way to convey your POV without writing a wall of text is the answer to the OP

Yes and no, i think the Broncos dismantling started before Seibold got here, but accelerated hard once he was here.

As i said earlier, if this is the result of a series of total bumbling incompetence at all levels of the club, then that is a far more dire and seriously fucked situation than if there were elements at play, not to destroy the Broncos, but to diminish them in the short term while the new Brisbane club is being introduced.

Enough bullshit. You don't look back at past events and try to connect the dots by explaining some high level puppet masters wished it to happen. 'All these thing occurred as planned by the powers that be, I just know it', get the f*** out.

Enough bullshit. You don't look back at past events and try to connect the dots by explaining some high level puppet masters made it happen.
Enough bullshit? Its a theory, a discussion you numpty. not a soul has stated this as fact, just that its a possibility and a believable one, at some level.

Vlandys himself said the new team would have at least a 20 million dollar revenue for the NRL through extra timeslots with their tv partners.

This means that expansion is a priority in terms of making lots more money and the best place to do that is Brisbane.

The thing is, its entirely possible that at some level there has been people pulling strings to set certain events in motion to make the transition of a second team in Brisbane easier, considering if you live in Brisbane, and watch NRL you are more than likely a Bronco fan.

In order for a second team to work, the second team will inevitably need to poach some fans from the Broncos, the only other team in the town.

The best way to do that would be to have a period where the Broncos are not doing so well, in order for fans to jump ship, because if the Broncos are winning, in the top four or god forbid winning a premiership, there will not be a single fan from the broncos that will transition to the new team.

Remember, RL is a business first and foremost.

Another thing to consider, is it doesnt have to be some grand master plan with a far reaching network of plants and spies and whatever other extremity you think i have eluded to.
It can be as simple as using the press to vilify the Broncos while they are losing. That by itself is enough to paint the Broncos in a bad light and influence fans to the second team, and thats just a single element of what has happened over the past few years.

Another thing i should add, was that these assumptions and theory's were somewhat light hearted in nature and more just a discussion that the possibility exists, but then dipshits like you come in with your internet tough guy pants on and turn it into an argument by telling participants of the conversation to "get the **** out of here".

There is lighthearted ribbing and banter, as is evident by the conversations between myself and jimmy/lynx then there is you.

What? The press vilifies ANY team losing, the Broncos aren't secretly being targeted. The Broncos dominate a large portion of the NRL viewership and the media exposure is on par with that.

Yeah the NRL is a business, and its in the interest to retain viewership and keep the Broncos STRONG, not weak. Its makes NO SENSE to purposely sabotage your most profitable club, the club that has the highest viewership by far and owns the prime time rating slot most weeks.

There is no evidence what so ever that fans are so loyal to the Brisbane Broncos that they will never embrace a second team in Brisbane without the Broncos somehow being sabotaged. How many clubs currently run out of Sydney?? If a second club starts winning in Brisbane they'll gain fans very fast in a city of near 2 million people.

The Broncos for the first time in their history are losing both on the field and with the fans. The NRL realises there is no redundancy when their major cash cow in Brisbane falters. If the Broncos are losing, the loss in revenue for the NRL cannot be underestimated. Likewise the major networks covering the NRL don't want to lose that audience. They need to offer an alternative if the Broncos aren't performing.

You are on a forum, you don't have exclusive conversations with others or dictate how your crazy theories may be replied to. If you're offended I cant help you, but when you present wild theories without proof they are fair game for criticism.

What? The press vilifies ANY team losing, the Broncos aren't secretly being targeted. The Broncos dominate a large portion of the NRL viewership and the media exposure is on par with that.

Yeah the NRL is a business, and its in the interest to retain viewership and keep the Broncos STRONG, not weak. Its makes NO SENSE to purposely sabotage your most profitable club, the club that has the highest viewership by far and owns the prime time rating slot most weeks.

There is no evidence what so ever that fans are so loyal to the Brisbane Broncos that they will never embrace a second team in Brisbane without the Broncos somehow being sabotaged. How many clubs currently run out of Sydney?? If a second club starts winning in Brisbane they'll gain fans very fast in a city of near 2 million people.

You are on a forum, you don't have exclusive conversations with others or dictate how your crazy theories may be replied to. If you're offended I cant help you, but when you present wild theories without proof they are fair game for criticism.
They are theories mate, thats all, up for discussion, it can be done without being outright abusive.

The difference between Sydney and Brisbane, is that most Sydney Teams have had several generations of fans from each area.
There have been a hundred years worth of Sydney based fans established to each of their respective clubs.

Brisbane has been a one town team for 30 years.
That means that the entirety of the Brisbane fan base is this and last generation.
As i said, if you are a league fan in Brisbane, chances are you are a Broncos supporter purely for the fact that its a one team town.
It will take a concerted effort to move fans from the broncos to the firehawks or whoever they are.

In terms of media scrutiny, the Doggies dont cop anywhere near the shellacking the Broncos do.
So no, not ANY team losing is vilified equally.

Also, it makes perfect sense to "temporarily" that's the key word here, destabilize an established club in the town you are looking to get a second team up and running in.
Again to draw fans from the Broncos to the new team, the Broncos cannot be doing well.
How many Broncos fans jump to the new Brisbane team next year if the Broncos won the premiership this year?

Don't give me that abuse nonsense, you rant and rave every Friday night.

I cant argue with the illogical. If you think that it makes perfect sense for a business to sabotage its most profitable product and negatively effect all its business partners who pay for the privilege of licensing the product, then what more can I do? I wonder how Ch 9 feels about this temporary destabilisation, obviously they didn't get the memo as games are still on Friday nights.

I don’t believe in the theory either, but it’d be pretty ignorant to think this stuff doesn’t happen everyday in publically listed companies.

Where does it happen everyday that a publicly listed company purposely sabotages its most profitable product?

Don't give me that abuse nonsense, you rant and rave every Friday night.

I cant argue with the illogical. If you think that it makes perfect sense for a business to sabotage its most profitable product and negatively effect all its business partners who pay for the privilege of licensing the product, then what more can I do? I wonder how Ch 9 feels about this temporary destabilisation, obviously they didn't get the memo as games are still on Friday nights.
Exactly, again, its a theory, and a possible one, for some reason you are taking it as fact.
Short term loss for long term gain is standard practice in business models all over the world.

If the Broncos struggle for a few seasons to ensure the success of the second team, leading to higher long term profits, then why wouldn't you orchestrate that? You call this illogical?

Ranting and raving at a team playing poorly is different to being a prick to members over a theoretical discussion as though its serious business fyi.

And stop dodging questions like a Vlandys.
So i will ask your conveniently omitting ass again.

If the Broncos won the premiership this year, how many of the Broncos fans would jump ship to the new team.
Opposed to the Broncos winning the spoon for a second consecutive year and a fresh start with a new team.

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • Mister Wright
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Matheos
  • Socnorb
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • the_next
  • GCBRONCO
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • mitch222
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • The True King
  • Jazza
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.