Wake up and smell what's cooking: Controlled demolition

Where does it happen everyday that a publicly listed company purposely sabotages its most profitable product?
You are taking it too literally, its not exactly sabotage, if its orchestrated and in the best interest of the company.

Hell the top dogs at NRL may have even let the Broncos board know this is how it will play out until the new team is established, and then its not only business as usual, its better business as usual.

In fact, a successful second Brisbane team might even benefit the Broncos in the long run as well, in that we would have a local rivalry that would draw record crowds in the same vein as the Roosters/Rabbitohs etc.

As far as broadcasters are concerned, why would channel 9 or fox be upset with this? Its more profit for them as well with an extra, successful team in Brisbane meaning better broadcast deals, more advertising and extra game time per season on air.

All the pieces are there for this to be a viable decision by the NRL for increased profits for the game overall.
They know the Broncos will retain enough of their fanbase no matter how bad it gets to stay a successful club, they just need enough fans to jump to the new team to make it viable as well, and the best way to do that is to disenfranchise the Broncos temporarily .

Calsy, where did you go sweetheart, i was just getting hard.

I want to know if you think it more likely for Broncos fans to move to a second Brisbane team on the back of winning a premiership or a spoon?

This is fundamental to the theory.

Broncos doing poorly will make it much easier for the second team to poach fans from the Broncos.
Broncos doing well make this much much harder and far more likely to fail, you cant deny it cuz.

BZCZANZQMM4JLJPGGNZPG4AQFA

What would the NRL do if the Broncos won the Premiership? Ohh it would be such a hassle for them having to deal with such a huge audience and revenue. They wouldn't want that would they. They are trying to divide their audience and having their most profitable club win is just bad business.

Heres how reality actually works. People are loyal to their club, but they are also loyal to their city and to football as a game. They like watching football, and there is no rule that says you can only watch the Broncos play. It's possible to watch both teams. Crazy right, you can be a fan of the Broncos and still watch the other team the following night. There is no imaginary rule you believe exists that says 'Im a Broncos fan, so I'll never watch the other Brisbane team. Watching another Brisbane team playing the game I love is just out of the question.'.

This mind boggling idea of watching more than one football game a week is great for TV networks who like the idea of increased ratings.

What would the NRL do if the Broncos won the Premiership? Ohh it would be such a hassle for them having to deal with such a huge audience and revenue. They wouldn't want that would they. They are trying to divide their audience and having their most profitable club win is just bad business.

Heres how reality actually works. people are loyal to their club, but they are also loyal to their city and to football as a game. They like watching football, and there is no rule that says you can only watch Broncos games. It's possible to watch both teams. Crazy right, you can be a fan of the Broncos and still watch the other team the following night. There is no imaginary rule you believe exists that says 'Im a Broncos fan, so I'll never watch the other Brisbane team.'.

This mind boggling idea of watch more than one football game a week is great for TV networks who like the idea of increased ratings.
Those straws you are clutching at are getting slippery.

You are looking at the short game, not the long game.
Immediate moderate profit vs higher future profit.

Also a lot of fans really do only watch their team play.
You get the tragic's like some of us who watch every game of the round, but generally most club fans watch their club, and barely any other games outside of finals and rep footy.
That's why its imperative the second Brisbane team is successful.

You need to know that when the Firehawks play any team other than the Broncos at Suncorp, that a good number of fans will turn up and tune in.

Think man, this isnt about any one club being the big money draw for the NRL, its about the NRL making as much money as possible, and if there needs to be some short term collateral to achieve that, then you bet your ass that will happen.

Those straws you are clutching at are getting slippery.
I put money on it that nearly every person on this forum would watch the new Brisbane team play if they were on TV playing a Sydney team.

As for as the NRL, I can't argue with the illogical. You keep pretending there a puppet masters who hate making money sabotaging the Broncos so they don't win a premiership cause the idea of huge audience watching TV and at the game is bad.

I put money on it that nearly every person on this forum would watch the new Brisbane team play if they were on TV playing a Sydney team.
Initially yes. I agree.
But this is also a hardcore footy fan forum.
The casual fans, which would make up the majority of the fanbase, would only tune in to watch their own team play.

Also, if the Broncos start getting thumped Melbourne Storm style by the new team, then i would put money on most members of this forum never watching their games and dreading watching them play us, the same way we do with the Storm right now.

Initially yes. I agree.
But this is also a hardcore footy fan forum.
The casual fans, which would make up the majority of the fanbase, would only tune in to watch their own team play.

Also, if the Broncos start getting thumped Melbourne Storm style by the new team, then i would put money on most members of this forum never watching their games and dreading watching them play us, the same way we do with the Storm right now.

The more casual you are as a fan the more loyal you are to a team. That makes so much sense....

I tend to believe it's a mix of all things. We did bumble our way into signing Pies, we also signed the clown Nolan. Our recruitment and retention has been poor, we signed Bird who was injured and ended up playing a fist full of games over three years while taking up a fare amount of cap. We held onto a few older statesmen past their prime and moved on some that we should have kept.

The agenda driven media full of bias has jumped at every opportunity to mess with our RnR, they talk figures, muddy the waters, do whatever they can to disrupt us. Any players indiscretion is over analyzed, in the hope of swaying action at the judiciary. Case and point is Flegs being pointed out for a bumper when our team is not known for it and it actually wasn't even one. Look at Melbourne or the Roosters, every forward leads with a bumper. But no they point us out. The media want us buried for our glory.

The onfield rules have not been changed to bring us down that is bordering on grandiose delusion. Off field ones have been over the years, but there is no refuting it, the cap was designed because we have the most money, the staff cap was also brought in because of us a few years back.The simple answer to our downfall is every team in history hits a slump, it's hard to make the right move all the time, a lot has to work out. We made the wrong moves regarding players and coaches and the media has jumped on the opportunity to keep us at the bottom, they know if they can make a player think twice then we can miss players. Its the media who want us down.

Vlandys wants a new team yes and they will want it to do well, but rusted on Broncos fans will not just move over to the Dolphins. Your either a Man U or Man city not both or one then the other. I will hate them with every ounce of my being. I will give up on the sport before I give up on the Broncos.

The more casual you are as a fan the more loyal you are to a team. That makes so much sense....
I meant that casual NRL fans are more likely to only watch the team they support, and not other games.
(in response to you saying everyone here would watch the second team play, being that we are not exactly casual fans of the game ).
Hardcore NRL fans will watch every game of the round.

Casual fans are who the NRL need to jump from the Broncos to the new team.
1 - they will be easier to move to the new team as they are not diehard Broncos fans.
2 - they will watch the new teams games live and on tv, but most likely not other games.

The logic is simple here bud, im sure you can figure it out.

After watching last nights game i'd like to blame someone else for the las season and a half as well.

Unfortunately its a simple as people with power deciding that Bennett was no longer capable of delivering a premiership and we had to move quick to sign up the rookie pieman before he re-signed with Souths.
Truthfully we had a future under WB. I never believed it was the right thing to change coaching and WBs plan, his forced upon him plan was still a far better option. He only came up with that option after the backroom boys decided he had once again grown too powerful. It's clear WB knew better than them. I took a lot of flak at the time and to be fair to the many posters wanting him gone they had at least one decent argument. However, WB could have fixed that one too. (An increasing inefficiency in defence)

We would not be living this hell if WB had stayed.

I tend to believe it's a mix of all things. We did bumble our way into signing Pies, we also signed the clown Nolan. Our recruitment and retention has been poor, we signed Bird who was injured and ended up playing a fist full of games over three years while taking up a fare amount of cap. We held onto a few older statesmen past their prime and moved on some that we should have kept.

The agenda driven media full of bias has jumped at every opportunity to mess with our RnR, they talk figures, muddy the waters, do whatever they can to disrupt us. Any players indiscretion is over analyzed, in the hope of swaying action at the judiciary. Case and point is Flegs being pointed out for a bumper when our team is not known for it and it actually wasn't even one. Look at Melbourne or the Roosters, every forward leads with a bumper. But no they point us out. The media want us buried for our glory.

The onfield rules have not been changed to bring us down that is bordering on grandiose delusion. Off field ones have been over the years, but there is no refuting it, the cap was designed because we have the most money, the staff cap was also brought in because of us a few years back.The simple answer to our downfall is every team in history hits a slump, it's hard to make the right move all the time, a lot has to work out. We made the wrong moves regarding players and coaches and the media has jumped on the opportunity to keep us at the bottom, they know if they can make a player think twice then we can miss players. Its the media who want us down.

Vlandys wants a new team yes and they will want it to do well, but rusted on Broncos fans will not just move over to the Dolphins. Your either a Man U or Man city not both or one then the other. I will hate them with every ounce of my being. I will give up on the sport before I give up on the Broncos.
I agree with all this, the other argument about all this, is that Vlandys and the NRL top dogs see this form slump in the Broncos as an opportune time to bring in a second Brisbane team, and so very little maneuvering is needed as the Broncos and the press are doing all the leg work by themselves to make a second team successful.

Build an argument from nothing more than your assumptions is the exact opposite of logic. Every point you make has literally no evidence to support it.

NRL sabotaging the Broncos and sacrificing revenue for the 'long game' - zero evidence.
Casual fans will watch new team only if Broncos are losing - baseless assumption
Casual fans have more loyalty to teams, but will only watch 1 game a week - baseless assumption

Build an argument from nothing more than your assumptions is the exact opposite of logic. Every point you make has literally no evidence to support it.

NRL sabotaging the Broncos and sacrificing revenue for the 'long game' - zero evidence.
Casual fans will watch new team only if Broncos are losing - baseless assumption
Casual fans have more loyalty to teams, but will only watch 1 game a week - baseless assumption
Casual fans would have little interest following another team from their city - baseless assumption
Ahh i see, just like its illogical to sacrifice short term gains for long term profits.

Again, you are taking this too literally, i will say it a second time slowly for you.
Its not sabotage, if its orchestrated to make more money for the NRL.

Of course this is all assumptions, this entire conversation has been assumptions, and again, no one has stated anything as fact, but your genius level intellect has taken every theory or idea as gospel.

We are looking at the collapse of the Broncos over the past few years and guessing and speculating at the various potential causes, nothing more.

Some believe it is all Seibolds fault, some think it began when we lost to the Cowboys in our last GF appearance.
Some think it was the ousting of Bennett and others think it is a profit move for the NRL via introducing a second team.

One of those theories is that because a second Brisbane team would be profitable in the long term, it may mean some collateral has to occur in the short term to the other Brisbane team to ensure the second team can establish a fanbase in the Broncos heartland.
There is no secret Vlandys has been pushing for the games expansion, that's why this particular theory has gained a little momentum.

You are also wording shit no one is saying to suit your narrative.
Not a soul said casual fans will only watch the new teams if the Broncos are losing. YOU are the only person who has said that.

I said in order for casual fans to move from the Broncos to the new team, its more likely to happen if the broncos are not doing well, as opposed to winning the comp. Big difference bud.

Another theory is that Vlandys is an AFL plant, sent here from the future to destroy the NRL from within through a series of elaborate rule changes and high contact crackdowns.

The bottom line is, we are doing shit as a team, people are discussing potential reasons why.
None of it is fact. All of it is speculation.

I agree with all this, the other argument about all this, is that Vlandys and the NRL top dogs see this form slump in the Broncos as an opportune time to bring in a second Brisbane team, and so very little maneuvering is needed as the Broncos and the press are doing all the leg work by themselves to make a second team successful.
Form slump? I thought you said it was planned sabotage.

Form slump? I thought you said it was planned sabotage.
You are right, its impossible to entertain multiple possibilities.
I should only ever entertain one possible theory without ever considering the possibility that it might be something else.

How very silly of me.
I dont know how many times i have to make clear to you that all of this is speculation and in speculative conversation you have to be open to the potential of a multitude of factors.

I can draw it up in crayon for you if that would make it easier to understand, however, im starting to think you are just a troll.

I mean, you keep calling it sabotage, then saying that's what I'm calling it, even though in the post directly above yours i clearly state its not sabotage if its orchestrated.

So you are either a troll, or a deadshit., not sure which just yet but im leaning to a healthy mix of both haha.

Anyway this conversation with you has run its course so i wont bother replying to you again.
Fun topic, none the less.

Ahh i see, just like its illogical to sacrifice short term gains for long term profits.

Again, you are taking this too literally, i will say it a second time slowly for you.
Its not sabotage, if its orchestrated to make more money for the NRL.

Of course this is all assumptions, this entire conversation has been assumptions, and again, no one has stated anything as fact, but your genius level intellect has taken every theory or idea as gospel.

We are looking at the collapse of the Broncos over the past few years and guessing and speculating at the various potential causes, nothing more.

Some believe it is all Seibolds fault, some think it began when we lost to the Cowboys in our last GF appearance.
Some think it was the ousting of Bennett and others think it is a profit move for the NRL via introducing a second team.

One of those theories is that because a second Brisbane team would be profitable in the long term, it may mean some collateral has to occur in the short term to the other Brisbane team to ensure the second team can establish a fanbase in the Broncos heartland.
There is no secret Vlandys has been pushing for the games expansion, that's why this particular theory has gained a little momentum.

You are also wording shit no one is saying to suit your narrative.
Not a soul said casual fans will only watch the new teams if the Broncos are losing. YOU are the only person who has said that.

I said in order for casual fans to move from the Broncos to the new team, its more likely to happen if the broncos are not doing well, as opposed to winning the comp. Big difference bud.

Another theory is that Vlandys is an AFL plant, sent here from the future to destroy the NRL from within through a series of elaborate rule changes and high contact crackdowns.

The bottom line is, we are doing shit as a team, people are discussing potential reasons why.
None of it is fact. All of it is speculation.

Just to summarise this logic.

The NRL preplanned the Broncos downfall even though it costs them a huge chunk revenue and could hurt licensing partners and effect future negotiations because it's not possible to have 2 viable teams in Brisbane. The idea of a Broncos premiership and the money made gives them nightmares.

How do they know all this? Why they can see into the future of course. The NRLs division of psychic puppet masters know that it's just not possible the people in Brisbane would watch 2 successful teams, especially casuals who are most loyal. It's in their best interest to break what loyalty people have to the Broncos so they will move over to the new team. This is where the planned sabotage comes in.... They are so confident of their plan and its success they will destroy a major revenue stream, the loyalty of fans and its most profitable club for 'the long game'. There is no other way.

Active Now

• Spoon
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrMoore
  • Midean
  • Lostboy
  • LittleDavey
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • Financeguy
  • Emanon
  • Manofoneway
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.