Wallace and PJ our saviours

mick! said:
I didn't mean to compare Wallace to Alf at all - two very different players. I just meant that it looks like Wallace could well be our long term halfback. He looks comfortable, cool and composed, and still has plenty of room for improvement.

Early days yet, but the signs are indeed promising.

Yeah i agree

ronnyd said:
What do you think should happen when Ennis comes back? Should PJ go back to his parra role or should ennis start from the bench?

Yep and then we can finally get rid of Perry.

We lose our momentum when Perry comes on!

Caniffe said:
The penalties from the new boys (Sims/Clinton included) are outweighing that -v- the existing boys, but so long as they keep winning I don't care too much

This is just early season crack down by the refs, so yes the new boys are giving away penalties, but so did TC last night.

The game just seems quicker due to the policiing of the ruck, which is great.

There are two things i really like about Wallace's game.

Firstly his kicking has been excellent in the past two games. Sure he had maybe one or two poor kicks last night but other than that, his long kicking game is a massive improvement on Perry's, he always finds space. And his short kicking game is definitely benefiting us and putting other teams under a lot of pressure.

Secondly, his ability to take on the line and pass is very good as well. A major gripe i had with Perry is that he would hardly ever attack the line but rather just pass the ball on almost as soon as he got it. Wallace on the other hand looks to make angling runs and create space for others, and that ball for Carroll last night was 'Lockyesque'.

Wallace's kicking game is also hard to read.

Sitting behind the posts at Suncorp last weekend, I didn't know which way he was going. He disguises it very well.

As bizarre as it sounds, I almost think Locky's injury is the best thing that could have happened for the club this year. A big problem for our halfbacks has always been playing in his shadow, but this year Wallace has had the chance to not only train more with the team, but also play the trials and the first 20 min of the first 2 games without Locky. And when Lockyer is out there he is getting less involved, possibly because of his knee but I also think it's because he has seen that Wallace can run the show successfully without him. Having a Lockyer who feels comfortable enough to let someone else take control and pick and choose when he wants the ball can only be a good thing.

Very refreshing to see a scheming, skillful and confident player in the Broncos number 7 jersey.
[icon_pray. [icon_pray. Long live Peter Wallace [icon_pray. [icon_pray.

he is definetly our answer for when SOO comes around. Hopefully he will go to 5/8 with Ennis at half.

Wishful thinking though doesnt keep Perry out of the squad though. [icon_razz1

spoonbled said:
he is definetly our answer for when SOO comes around. Hopefully he will go to 5/8 with Ennis at half.

Wallace might even be a bolter for the NSW side, if he keeps his form up of course.

Only 2 rounds in, but PJ and Wallace are showing some promise! It was great to see them for the first time on Friday night, and I was impressed :) The future is looking bright :mrgreen:

After Berro signed with ESL last season I was concerned, but when we secured PJ I knew he cpuld only do good.

Early days, but my first glimpse of the 08 Broncos, is a glimpse of a team with far more attacking flair than 07.

Wallace has an excellent left step and an excellent long-kicking game. Turned around the Roosters back 3 quite a few times on Friday. His short kicking didn't overly inspire me, however it is Round 2, with a long season to come.

that kick to put boyd over didn't inspire u? that grubber didnt inspire u? WHAT DOES!!! [icon_shru [icon_lol1.

broncos_are_the_best said:
that kick to put boyd over didn't inspire u? that grubber didnt inspire u? WHAT DOES!!! [icon_shru [icon_lol1.

Inspire? What are you talking about exactly?

It was a good kick., it certainly didn't inspire me to go out and do anything great with my life if that's what you're asking? Have you used the right word?

Well Bennett has said that Wallace can do a lot more than his showing at the moment....

Aussie said:
broncos_are_the_best said:

Inspire? What are you talking about exactly?

It was a good kick., it certainly didn't inspire me to go out and do anything great with my life if that's what you're asking? Have you used the right word?
[icon_lol1. Why would you think B_a_t_b meant that when he uses the word inspire? It's pretty clear that he, and the poster he was responding to (who used the word originally), meant it as inspiring confidence in Wallace's kicking game.

Wallace and PJ have started the year really well, im just hoping that both can stay on the park for most of the year and develop a combination with Locky that could win us the comp again!

These two could be the buys of the season, along with sims who i didnt really rate before these 2 games!

ethos said:
spoonbled said:

Wallace might even be a bolter for the NSW side, if he keeps his form up of course.

I was going to ask that question in a new thread about Wallace being a potential NSW half heheheheh

We have no standouts at the moment at 7 and if he keeps building he could be a bolter.

Jeza23 said:
along with sims who i didnt really rate before these 2 games!
He's started real well and certainly has the potential to be the next Brad Thorn.
I can't get over how big he is. Either he's had a growth spurt over the off season, or I need a bigger TV [icon_ee

Active Now

• Bish
  • eggstar10
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Rookie Alan
  • Cavalo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • sooticus
  • Volvo Driver
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Porthoz
  • broncos4life
  • Manifesto
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • broncoscope
  • Santa
  • Financeguy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.