Wallace has to go

Yeah, but the job he was doing wasn't any different to what Shane Perry was doing...and Shane Perry was on like a 1/4 or a 1/3 of the money Wallace is.
I don't think that's how you meant it, but this would imply that if JT was the halfback at the Broncos, his job would've been the same as Perry, hence he shouldn't earn much more than $100K...

It makes no difference what someone is paid. Wallace came here years ago to play halfback, not carry the load left behind by the departing Lockyer. Very silly argument to run. If they want him to run everything they should have let Lockyer go and replaced him with a mannequin

My point was that we could get just about any halfback to play that 2nd fiddle role. Wallace's price probably means that both he himself and whoever bought him probably expect more of him.

I get a little tired of the praise for wallace's defence. Yes. It's good. But it's his deficiencies with the ball that are frustrating.

It's like a surgeon who is pretty shit at keeping people alive but he's great at comforting the families of the dead patients

I agree completely with what your saying. I mean I am a Wallace fan but I do not understand the argument of "he is a great defender". If that's all that is required of the halfback then why don't we just stick dodds there.

Someone must control the game plan. Ideally, someone calling the shots (not necessarily all of them) in the middle, where most of the plays start. Ideally, either/or/all 6, 7 9.

I don't care what anyone says - Wallace was the senior player whose role was not to be another Lockyer, but to take on a fair bit of the organising in the middle, along with Macca, especially with a rookie 5/8 in Norman.

If Wallace, Hunt, Macca all or severally, don't step up tonight and keep the game plan tight for the whole 80, we are going to get FLOGGED

And in saying this, I am not discounting the importance of the individual role of each player in the game plan. Point is, someone has to keep it all together. This is now finals football for us.

If Wallace, Hunt, Macca all or severally, don't step up tonight and keep the game plan tight for the whole 80, we are going to get FLOGGED

and we would have got flogged tonight if not for the recently infamous 2nd half sea eagle slack attack .......

Wallace can't organise shit. Never has and never will.......we looked totally lost out there, again

The Peter Wallace apologists in this thread should take a good hard look in the mirror and ask themselves if they are really being serious.

If Manly gave us Stewart, Foran and Evans and we gave them Wallace, Norman and Hunt we would have won quiet comfortably.

I remember something about Foran being off-contract next year? Or was that 2014? Something about a get out clause. We should chase him hard to replace Wallace.

If Manly gave us Stewart, Foran and Evans and we gave them Wallace, Norman and Hunt we would have won quiet comfortably.

I remember something about Foran being off-contract next year? Or was that 2014? Something about a get out clause. We should chase him hard to replace Wallace.

Be careful now.......you'll have some of the "experts" around here telling you how over rated DCE is next.......:winky:

Srsly, lets just take a chance on Hodkinson. Go for him.

I agree completely with what your saying. I mean I am a Wallace fan but I do not understand the argument of "he is a great defender". If that's all that is required of the halfback then why don't we just stick dodds there.

Exactly.

He's had plenty of time at the Broncos now. Honestly 2013 SHOULD be his last. 2 yrs without locky is ENOUGH time to show he has something.

Wallace has the creativity of a tree stump. I'm done with him.

He was a smidgeon better tonight than in recent weeks, but that's not saying much.

Our other play-making options aren't really helping him either TBH.

Last edited:
Be careful now.......you'll have some of the "experts" around here telling you how over rated DCE is next.......:winky:

Well as sad as it is we have no better options available than our current halves. If we can somehow get Foran next year we simply must do everything possible to try and get him.

As for Hodkinson, we need to get him, if at the very least to put pressure on our current halves who know there's no one better to replace them.

The salary cap is rising by 600k next year, possibly more after the RLPA will no doubt have an all might sook about it(rightly so might I add). We must utilise that by making a quality signing or two.

I've been a Wallace defender in the past but I'm done with him. I still don't want him dropped because lets face it, we have no one else to put there...

The club uses Wallace in the media quite a bit. I fear we are stuck with him. He clearly has to go.

yeah like Thaiday, Wallace will never be dropped. he could lose both his legs and become a vegetable by way of a car crash and the broncos would still resign him for $300k+ and he'd still have a mortgage on a starting spot. its ridiculous.

Thought he was one of our best last night. Repeat sets killed us.

Wallace's kicking game was better last night. But he produced absolutely nothing in the rare attacking chances we got. This is the problem. He's got absolutely zero personal ability to crack the line or make something happen, he relies entirely on players running good lines and giving him options. But that's not been happening, and when it does, he ****s it up with a shit pass or taking the complete wrong option.

Unfortunately, he's got a contract, and there's nobody else decent on the market for next year anyway, so we're stuck with the red headed imbecile for another season at least.

Great kicking game from him last night. Not much in attack from him or the entire team. As I said, unfortunately he was one of our better players last night. And that is really unfortunate.

Manly were great though. Anyone notice its the teams with a killer fullback who are doing well? I don't think it is any surprise...

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • kman
  • Cavalo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Porthoz
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.