Wallace has to go

the best game we've played this season IMO was the one where we had Hunt and Norman together in the halves and they carved up. Norman has had his shot in the halves since then, and he has shown little to no progress. time to give hunt a go, heavens knows he deserves it after being so patient for what, 4 years of being told hes the next half for the broncos when lockyer retires?

so Hunt should come in to the 7, Wallace to the 6, McCullough to play the 80, and Norman to reserve grade.

I was with you until the last line.

You admit and I agree that the best the side has looked, from an attacking point of view.... was the Canberra game when Hunt and Norman were in the halves.

Yet you want to drop Norman and stick Wallace at 5/8...???

Wallace is the weakest link.........not Norman.

How much can we really take from that Canberra game considering the Raiders lost Campese at half time and were under strength and playing shit.

It's not like they aren't used to playing without Campese ........

Looking back on the game the Raiders were off

their tackling was abysmal.

Maybe you're right.

Weighing up the pros and cons, I still think Wallace's form at the moment is worse than Norman's. Pete is actually costing us points. His mistakes are hurting us

....... Norman? I think most of us just want to see him do more

I thought the game against Manly was an even better example.

Despite Hunt having an individually poor game, Norman really stood out and had one of his best games.

I was with you until the last line.

You admit and I agree that the best the side has looked, from an attacking point of view.... was the Canberra game when Hunt and Norman were in the halves.

Yet you want to drop Norman and stick Wallace at 5/8...???

Wallace is the weakest link.........not Norman.

read what i said. since that game, norman has capitulated. before that game he wasnt setting the world on fire, he was starting to find his feet. he has well and truly lost those feet. wallace has too recently, but i think theres a far higher chance of him finding them than norman in the remainder of the season.

over the whole season wallace has been MUCH better than norman, and wallace at least has experience on his side, which is much needed in this team at the moment. thats why i think he sticks around and norman goes to reserve grade to hone his skills. putting wallace to reserve grade accomplishes nothing. Wallace IS one of our halves for the foreseeable future, hes on too big money and too high profile to be dropped. that leaves norman to make way for Hunt.

over the whole season wallace has been MUCH better than norman, and wallace at least has experience on his side, which is much needed in this team at the moment. thats why i think he sticks around and norman goes to reserve grade to hone his skills. putting wallace to reserve grade accomplishes nothing. Wallace IS one of our halves for the foreseeable future, hes on too big money and too high profile to be dropped. that leaves norman to make way for Hunt.

This makes me furious

not because you said it, but because it's true

We'll continue to excuse his mediocre performances and cop it up the arse, because we have to.

I don't subscribe to the idea that Norman will "hone his skills" the in Qld cup. We're past that with him. He needs time in the NRL so we can find out if he's a nuffie .....or not. I think after his first real season, the evidence is still inconclusive.

I don't want Wallace dropped either. I maintain that he could be very useful off the bench.

Brisbane's very own Kurt Gidley .......

Wallace is either in the halves or left right out. There is no Wallace to lock, hooker or the bench.

To put some perspective into the debate we were missing 6 of our starting 13 against the Eels, with first cabs off the rank Kahu and Gagai no longer options. Any team would struggle under similar circumstances.

Our spine has actually been quite good for the best part of the year. Wallace and Hoffman were in blistering form and carried us through a large chunk of the representative period, whilst Macca has produced his most consistent season to date. They have the ability to produce the type of performances we desire, and they've proven they can back it up over consecutive weeks. Something is obviously amiss, whether physically (Hoffman) or mentally.

IMO the heat is not on our spine, the heat is on Hook and the off field team to get to the bottom of our poor run of form.

Last edited:
Maybe I am guilty of expecting more from Macca. I think he has more to give and maybe another level to go to. Hoffman has been in woeful form of late as has Wallace and Norman. Can't see how our spine isn't the problem. Regardless of the game plan Hook wants us to play it isn't working because the game plan is shit or they just aren't executing it.

I think our whole spine has largely underperformed all year. Hoffman has struggled with injury and just can't get his shit together. Norman and Wallace have failed to create the combination we need. I think Norman and Wallace are similar types of players with Wallace having the slightly bigger brain and better ball playing abilities. I don't think Macca has taken the next step either.

Really can't see how you can say that about Macca with a straight face. Agree on all other points but seriously Macca has been one of best consistently IMO

Really can't see how you can say that about Macca with a straight face. Agree on all other points but seriously Macca has been one of best consistently IMO

You can think what you like. Macca has been great defensively but hasn't taken the next step offensively IMO.

You can think what you like. Macca has been great defensively but hasn't taken the next step offensively IMO.

I will think what I like, thanks for the permission, although I wasn't seeking it

I agree with this. Compared to the rest of the team he's been good but that's not saying much at the moment. I honestly reckon there is a couple of hookers playing QCup that are better than Macca.

Not that I'm calling for his head by any means, just think we need that bit more from him.

I agree with this. Compared to the rest of the team he's been good but that's not saying much at the moment. I honestly reckon there is a couple of hookers playing QCup that are better than Macca.

Not that I'm calling for his head by any means, just think we need that bit more from him.

Really??? would love to see these hookers. Macca is one of the better young hookers going around so it's amazing that other coaches haven't picked up these Q cup hookers that are better than him... guess coaches and recruiters don't go to the games.......

Hit the nail on the head IMO. I said after origin that McCullough had to be our best player for the rest of the year for us to go well. His defense is great and you could never really question it but he doesn't offer a lot in attack. He needs to run the team more and get our forward pack working well which it hasn't really been for the last few weeks.

macca isnt that bad. he's not the greatest going around but he's far from the worst. i'd like to see him get a bit more creative and occasionally get into first receiver. he can be pretty effective with those kicks out of dummy half too.

Bingo. Just because someone's been consistently solid/good doesn't mean you shouldn't expect more from them, and improvement.

McCullough has ll the attribute to be a very very good Hooker. He could be our Cameron Smith. If I were Hook I'd be making him watch videos of Cameron Smith a lot over the off season.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Browny
  • Dash
  • simplythebest
  • Manofoneway
  • Pigskin
  • BroncosAlways
  • pennywisealfie
  • Dexter
  • Jazza
  • theshed
  • achievedrap
  • Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • Confidor
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.