Wallace is the worst halfback in the NRL... True story!

With all due respect to all the previous posters and to their opinions but something is really obvious . Namely that none of you could have watched Cronullas Robson. He is a very capable half back and has been steering Cronullas very well. They do not have the superstars of other teams and it seems as though people are assuming he is below standard when that is definitely not the case .

If he played for the Broncos he would already have a good supporter base here on BHQ. Cronullas lacked organisation before last season and most would agree they were much improved last year. He is well rated in the shire. Only my opinion but I actually watch Cronullas games.

You owe me a beer. I just spat it everywhere

Re: Round 9 - Eels vs. Broncos - Pre-Match Discussion

Please name those eleven halfbacks, I'm quite curious...

EDIT: Flaming

If trading was allowed in the NRL like it is in the NHL, MLB etc and the trading deadline was May 31 and the Broncos were seeking a halfback to possibly get them out of the slump they are currently in, then the following is a list of #7's of which I would hope the Bronco's mgmt. would try and make a deal for. Obviously for some teams, they would not be satisfied in doing a one on one trade for shitty old Wallace, so we may have to throw in a Gillett as well or a Glenn, perhaps a Dodds or even the Nikorima brothers.

Here is my list-Adam Reynolds, Jeff Robson, Shawn Johnson, Chris Sandow, Sam Williams, Tyrone Roberts, Albert Kelly, Luke Walsh, Cooper Cronk, DC Evans and Mitch Pearce.

Now I don't rate some of these guys very highly but I rate them higher than one Peter Wallace and for those who r content with Peter Wallace are also content with being 1 game under .500 and having a record of 9-17 in the past 26 games. Of course in the real world of RL, trading doesn't exist and we all have to be content with Peter Wallace. How many premierships will we win with him at #7? For me, the answer is easy.

I also have a list of props that I would rather have than Ben Hannant, a list of hookers I rate higher than Macca and a heap of coaches who would do a better job than the current one. I bet Porthoz would be curious.......

Last edited by a moderator:

Is this fourex's girlfriend?

You really should leave me out of your comments.

Since you were complaining to the mods so much about me I have had to put you on ignore for the sake of keeping the peace

but,

if you keep baiting me then I will have no other course of action other than to remove you from my ignore list

and resume slapping you around.

Have a nice day. :biggrin:

I'm with you BP, although a little different.

Cronk and DCE are the only ones at a really higher level.
Johnson has the talent, and with more consistency can be as good as the two above.
Pearce and Reynolds are imo at about the same level as Wallace, with similar qualities and similar flaws.

Sandow? **** no!

Sandow......**** yes !!!!

Halves better than Peter Wallace, in no particular order;

1. DCE
2. Cronk
3. JT
4. Sam Williams
5. Sandow
6. Albert Kelly
7. A. Reynolds
8. Walsh
9. Johnson
10. Pearce
11.Ben Hunt
12. Prince
13. T. Roberts
14. Robson (it's borderline but CF convinced me)

Last edited:
The problems are our hooker doesn't have a brain, our fullback doesn't have a heart and the coach doesn't have balls.

All we need is to bring Judy Garland back from the dead and send them to Oz.

Wallace isn't the major problem in the spine. The problems are our hooker doesn't have a brain, our fullback doesn't have a heart and the coach doesn't have balls.
This +100.

Let me add Gee being shit at his job to that list. The club has only went backwards with Gee managing.

Agree. He is crap. He never even looks like threatening the line. There are even front rowers with a better kicking game than him.

Wallace cops more than he deserves.

Absolutely! It's the whole squad: coaching the basics and focus and attitude and playing for each other - not rocket science, assuming all the players are behind the coach and take their professionalism seriously - or out they go

Norman as is bloody obviously is NOT a FB and never will be - for a start he is slow as a wet week

If the whole team does its job then Wallace is just another part of a well oiled machine - he doesn't have to be a DCE - just get the tries happening as we know he can, tries we score which are as good as any so far this season

Last edited:
Problem with Norman is he creates a couple of tries and then thinks he has to do it every play. A good attacking fullback knows when to pop in and doesn't try it on every set.

Problem with Norman is he creates a couple of tries and then thinks he has to do it every play. A good attacking fullback knows when to pop in and doesn't try it on every set.

Which is why he is, and never will be, a FB (aside from his lack of pace)

I would like to see Wallace move on though to be honest. For how long he is playing and what we are paying him it's not worth it. Is he our main problem? Well technically no, but he is one example of out problem. Mediocre players getting played more money than what they are worth and getting picked each week to play even though they produce just average results.

Absolutely! It's the whole squad: coaching the basics and focus and attitude and playing for each other - not rocket science, assuming all the players are behind the coach and take their professionalism seriously - or out they go

Norman as is bloody obviously is NOT a FB and never will be - for a start he is slow as a wet week

If the whole team does its job then Wallace is just another part of a well oiled machine - he doesn't have to be a DCE - just get the tries happening as we know he can, tries we score which are as good as any so far this season

Yes they are.......and they have very little to do with Peter Wallace.

Most of our try scoring has come from our slow as a wet wig fullback getting put into space from our over the hill 5/8, who amongst his defensive deficiencies can at least get the backline standing deep

I dunno.......does it even matter anymore?

God we were horrible last night.

Yes they are.......and they have very little to do with Peter Wallace.

Most of our try scoring has come from our slow as a wet wig fullback getting put into space from our over the hill 5/8, who amongst his defensive deficiencies can at least get the backline standing deep

I dunno.......does it even matter anymore?

God we were horrible last night

I certainly have given up on them. It's hard not to though. Is it the right attitude? Probably not, but they are making it very hard with their poor attitude. I guess it's contagious.

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • Pablo
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.