OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
TMM would be the perfect backup 6 for next year if we were able to swap Tesi for Walsh. Our depth is going to be eaten up next year
We still have Lord Gamble.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
If Walsh comes early does he walk into the team? I feel a bit weird about it tbh. Happy for him to come next season and get flogged over the preseason but to come in mid year after walking out, straight from a losing team to a top 5 team doesn’t seem fair, even as a critic of Tesi I think it doesn’t seem fair to him either.

To be fair, we signed him with the intention that he's going to be our fullback going forward. I don't think there's going to be an issue with him walking straight into the team. The quicker he's in and can gel with the side, the better it is for us.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Look at Flegs, Carrigan, Herbie, etc. They all started hitting their stride around 50 games in. Very few do a Haas and just kill it out of the gate.
The only issue I have with Tesi is his competitive attitude. I think he gives up a lot on defensive efforts. See him jogging in the background on plays he should be in the frame competing on. I just don't think you can teach that.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I would say if Niu keeps improving add another year to his deal and loan him to another club in NRL for the next year, then after that we can judge between the two who is our fullback.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
If Walsh comes early does he walk into the team? I feel a bit weird about it tbh. Happy for him to come next season and get flogged over the preseason but to come in mid year after walking out, straight from a losing team to a top 5 team doesn’t seem fair, even as a critic of Tesi I think it doesn’t seem fair to him either.

Agree with that, it's about earning the respect of your teammates and I have no doubt whilst he might be mates with them on a personal level from a footy perspective, he walked out when he was asked to prove his worth and now wants to come back when the grass is a bit greener.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Fair's got nothin to do with it.

Its a professional sport. We're playing to win here......
By fair I mean earned, which I think is important when it comes to team culture. While I have no doubt Walsh has the highest ceiling of any of our current fullback options, I’m not convinced he can just walk into a new team with little training or chemistry and slot straight in without teething issues. Could be pretty disruptive to what we have built.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
i think if you have a spot free you look to make the squad better where do you think we could use another option?
i think if it is on the table fullback wouldn't be a bad option for a spot if we have it.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Riki for Walsh,
Hosking to right side, not sure if he can play right side but I don’t care.
Deserves to be in the 17.
Ideally we hold onto TMM for the next couple of year, but I’m not sure if that’ll be possible, unfortunately.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
To be fair, we signed him with the intention that he's going to be our fullback going forward. I don't think there's going to be an issue with him walking straight into the team. The quicker he's in and can gel with the side, the better it is for us.
i think he needs to earn his spot , maybe even bring him in from the bench. he shouldn't be a straight walk after he walked out.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Walsh on the bench this week for Warriors .
Do you have a crystal ball ?

Very unfair on Tesi and TMM if Walsh comes across this season and gets a starting spot .
I say he should play the trials next year like the rest of the squad , then decide .

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Walsh on the bench this week for Warriors .
Do you have a crystal ball ?

Very unfair on Tesi and TMM if Walsh comes across this season and gets a starting spot .
I say he should play the trials next year like the rest of the squad , then decide .

Not saying it will happen. However, its the business end of a season. The best men need to be on the field. Tesi has no claim on FB from his performances. TMM and Walsh would be far ahead of him.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Not saying it will happen. However, its the business end of a season. The best men need to be on the field. Tesi has no claim on FB from his performances. TMM and Walsh would be far ahead of him.

No claim eh ?
200 m in a game , tries , try assists , tackle busts don`t mean nothin ?

The guy who is on the bench for the Warriors is gonna walk in and take Tesi`s place ?
I don`t think Kev is that ruthless .

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
By fair I mean earned, which I think is important when it comes to team culture. While I have no doubt Walsh has the highest ceiling of any of our current fullback options, I’m not convinced he can just walk into a new team with little training or chemistry and slot straight in without teething issues. Could be pretty disruptive to what we have built.
I'd have no problems with TMM finishing the year as our fullback......

But if we're choosing between Tesi Nui and/or Reece Walsh coming in early.....Walsh everyday of the week and twice on Sundays for mine.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
No claim eh ?
200 m in a game , tries , try assists , tackle busts don`t mean nothin ?

The guy who is on the bench for the Warriors is gonna walk in and take Tesi`s place ?
I don`t think Kev is that ruthless .

You ignore his defense and positioning. Hes proper lost. Hes a liability, nuclear bomb waiting to happen against the big teams. No thanks.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
You ignore his defense and positioning. Hes proper lost. Hes a liability, nuclear bomb waiting to happen against the big teams. No thanks.

I don`t ignore his defence .
I just don`t think it`s as bad as you make out . Neither do his coaches apparently ?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
i think he needs to earn his spot , maybe even bring him in from the bench. he shouldn't be a straight walk after he walked out.
Lets say we're in the finals.......and TMM is out.

You're willing to gamble on Tesi not making a catastrophic error that potentially loses the game and kicks us out of the semis......or even worse, loses us a grand final?

You can't tell me that Tesi doesn't come with some risk. He has at least 1-2 critical errors in him.....every game he plays.

Active Now

• Howie
  • Seibs
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Stix
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • LittleDavey
  • Spooky1013
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.