OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

Lets say we're in the finals.......and TMM is out.

You're willing to gamble on Tesi not making a catastrophic error that potentially loses the game and kicks us out of the semis......or even worse, loses us a grand final?

You can't tell me that Tesi doesn't come with some risk. He has at least 1-2 critical errors in him.....every game he plays.

And Walsh is fool proof ?
Why then is he on the bench in the Land of the Long White Cloud ? They are meanies ?

Hopefully Ben Hunt is a once in a lifetime player .

Still 11 days till August 1st so hold on to your hats .

And Walsh is fool proof ?
Why then is he on the bench in the Land of the Long White Cloud ? They are meanies ?

Still 11 days till August 1st so hold on to your hats .
You'd have to assume that they (Warriors) are blooding for the future......they know Walsh is gone.

Just meanies then eh ?
Well....no.

Again fellas....its a professional sport. Being Fair/feelings/emotions....shouldn't come into it.

The Warriors are no chance this year. I'd be doing the same as them (benching Walsh), if they have a young guy they want to give a run in first grade in preparations for next year.

Well....no.

Again fellas....its a professional sport. Being Fair/feelings/emotions....shouldn't come into it.

The Warriors are no chance this year. I'd be doing the same as them (benching Walsh), if they have a young guy they want to give a run in first grade in preparations for next year.

Feelings ?
How about the team dynamic ? You have a guy who has been in your squad for years . Coming back from injury . Playing his best games . Then you say sorry bro . We have upgraded you re off to Q Cup ? Ouch .

If the FB replacement was RTS or Kaylin Ponga I could understand . Walsh is good , but I dunno if he`s sack your own guy and put him in good .

It's unreasonable criticism, if you watch the game you will see he makes several big defensive plays but people focus on the one he didn't make, or the ball he threw to his teammate that got dropped by the teammate. The defensive efforts aside, that Warriors team barely had any ball for the first 25 minutes of the game, any fullback in the NRL is going to come up short when being asked to defend for that long.

He's not going to save every try, neither is Tesi or anyone else we throw back there, it's never going to happen.

I keep coming back to Tesi because there's no better example, he hasn't done many things wrong since he has come back from injury but people carry on like he did what Isaako did against the Dragons when he gifted them a try by not kicking it dead.

Fans can critique whoever they want but I see a lot of it as unreasonable to backup an early opinion. Such as McHunt going on about Selwyn not being ready for Origin and using the fact he knocked out by his teammates hip to further justify that view.

I don't completely agree. I do agree that unfair criticism and over the top stupidity like the one about Cobbo's head knock meaning he isn't ready for origin is just dumb and it was rightly shot down for how bad a take it was.

That said, Walsh is coming in to replace Niu and possibly TMM. The big issue for Niu who really is the direct competition is his defense, so it absolutely makes sense to critique Walsh's defense. And I do not agree it wasn't fair, I think it is a concern and there is nothing wrong with discussing it.

I don`t ignore his defence .
I just don`t think it`s as bad as you make out . Neither do his coaches apparently ?

If the coaches thought Tesi was going to be our fullback they wouldn't have signed a fullback who chose to leave the club. If Tesi wants the fullback spot ahead of Walsh he pretty much has to play flawless footy in every aspect of fullback play to change their minds.

Well....no.

Replacing Walsh as starting fullback this week is Chanel Harris-Tavita, who won't be there next year as he is taking a break from NRL to travel and pursue other interests. It's a huge demotion for Reece.

If the coaches thought Tesi was going to be our fullback they wouldn't have signed a fullback who chose to leave the club. If Tesi wants the fullback spot ahead of Walsh he pretty much has to play flawless footy in every aspect of fullback play to change their minds.

I understand that .
But I also think giving Walsh the spot . With no competition for his spot is dangerous . Complacency or injury could derail that plan real fast .

Replacing Walsh as starting fullback this week is Chanel Harris-Tavita, who won't be there next year as he is taking a break from NRL to travel and pursue other interests. It's a huge demotion for Reece.
Ahh.....well there you go.

The Warriors must be preserving Walsh for us !!

What nice guys !! 😁

(Quite frankly I always thought Kiwis were a bunch of wankers.....)

I understand that .
But I also think giving Walsh the spot . With no competition for his spot is dangerous . Complacency or injury could derail that plan real fast .

I actually pretty much said the same thing at the start of the year with Isaako and got shot down about it pretty quickly. If you have the shirt and you play well you should keep it, but it didn't happen, Kevvie just gave the 1 shirt straight back to Tesi.

I just don't see Tesi staying as a backup player and I don't see the Broncos going back in for Walsh and not playing him at 1. I'll be surprised if Tesi is still a Bronco at the start of next year.

You'd have to assume that they (Warriors) are blooding for the future......they know Walsh is gone.
That might be true if they weren't playing CHT at fullback who is also leaving next year to travel the world.

edit: never mind I see someone else beat me to it.

That might be true if they weren't playing CHT at fullback who is also leaving next year to travel the world.

edit: never mind I see someone else beat me to it.
Yes...see above

We should be doing absolutely everything we can to get Walsh before August 1. He is much better than our current options, adds an extra kicking option to release some pressure from Arey and he is obviously our long term 1. There would be no negatives in getting him early.

I don`t ignore his defence .
I just don`t think it`s as bad as you make out . Neither do his coaches apparently ?
The 2 coaches he’s had that have both dropped him because of it? The coach that signed Walsh to replace him? The coach that picked a 5/8 that has been out of the game for 2 years over him? 🤔

Fox sports planting seeds the Storm want him for the end of the year.
Gtfoh.
Animated GIF

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
  • IceWorks
  • OnToSomething
  • theshed
  • Wolfie
  • Gaz
  • broncsgoat
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.