OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

I wonder if there is a chance we could get him for the end of this year. Canberra are playing Savage as their fullback and obviously see him as their future so might be willing to let Nicoll-Klokstad go early and then Warriors can release Walsh early to us for the run home. We have until August to get it done.

The only way you can carry a young guy like Ezra coming in so raw is if the rest of your spine is highly capable to take all the pressure off him.

Reyno is like the only one we've got, but at least he had some experience also around him in TMM.

That's two points for the attack to go through so Ezra can just chime in when he wants to.

If Walsh does come, I would worry a little bit about how the spine goes. Walsh is an excellent young player and does not stop trying, but there's one thing to be 100% competitive and always going, but you also need to have some smarts otherwise you're just running around like a headless chook.

Reyno brings the direction and we've survived his injuries to date because Gamble is an experienced campaigner (not so much in NRL, but he's been running around in ISC for a long time) that can come in and do a job, and TMM is experienced as a 6 and is composed on the ball... those guys as back ups to Reyno can bring some calm to the rest of the team

If Walsh comes in then TMM is as good as gone I reckon, and that leaves us with Reyno being the only composed one left in the spine and question marks all over the 9 jersey... I'd worry about him having to run around with two kids at 6 & 1.

I wonder if TMM would give us another 12 months maybe playing as a 6. Kelly will be gone and i'm still not sold on Gamble. Depends really on what other offers he gets.

I think he's a dickhead TBH, but I also couldn't care less. If he's a Bronco I'll love him and hope he goes on to be a superstar.

He's as promising as any young fullback in the competition, we desperately need that, worst case I think he'd be a very good 5/8 too.

Bring it on I say.

From the Tele:

"Walsh will quit the club at the end of the season after requesting a release on Tuesday. Walsh has only been given permission to negotiate with the Broncos as part of that release."​

Reckon that will stop the dolphins, especially after hearing Bennett's comments about 'hopefully' getting Munster for next year?

Still bothers me a bit these players who signed for a club based in NZ that then want out as soon as the realise they have to live there. I think that stinks personally.
kinda like nathan brown lol

Yeah this is a lot of peoples club now and I think Reece needs to realise this isn’t his team and far from it. Everywhere you turn now there is someone with fairly high stature in the game now. Cobbo, Staggs, Oates, Farnworth all in the backline. Obviously Reyno, Capes and Pat are the big boys with the leadership and hopefully respect in the joint. At this stage Payne and Flegs will still be there (obviously flegs will but Haas not certain). Than Piakura, Willison, Mozer and Mam are the young bucks with their own puff pieces in the courier mail. Obviously Walsh stands out over a lot of them but this is a team where he has mates, he has guidance and will enjoy his footy but his arrogant bullshit will NOT Fly cause there are heaps of blokes around the joint fans like, value and appreciate more after his stunt 18 months ago.
I don't think Reece wants it to be his team either... he's had that at the warriors for the last 1.5yrs.

SJ might be there, but they are so reliant on Walsh to get points on the board for them... if he can come into a functioning team and be able to spend some time as a squad player that just has to fit into a system then I think he would relish that opportunity.

kinda like nathan brown lol

I dont know why it annoys me so much, its not even my club. I just think it doesn't say a lot when a player or coach would do that knowing they will be going to NZ. And as good a player as i think Walsh could become, its one reason i'm not all in on it. This will be the second club he's jumped ship on and he's not even 20 years old.

I wonder if TMM would give us another 12 months maybe playing as a 6. Kelly will be gone and i'm still not sold on Gamble. Depends really on what other offers he gets.
I just can't see how warriors aren't putting a 3yr deal in front of him.

I'd love to have TMM for another year, but would absolutely not begrudge him going to a more secure and lucrative deal.

CNK is an ok signing, but he's hardly inspiring to a fanbase that is looking at losing one of the absolute gun young stars coming through... on the back of SJ appearing well off the pace.

If you get CNK and TMM, and have them around Volkman it could assist with his development... although attacking spark across that spine isn't exactly inspiring... unless Volkman is an actual gun attacking halfback.

We just need to get Sam Walker back and all will be right in the world.

I have no doubts that Ikin and Kev are into his family’s ears about it.
****... could you imagine the salt coming from the rest of the NRL if moving forward we had something along the lines of:

1. Walsh
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
6. Ezra
7. Walker
13. Patty

Salty GIF

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.