OFFICIAL Walsh signs with the Broncos until 2025

I dunno about it, it would have made perfect sense had we lost herbie, but now it feels like something that’s just fallen in our lap. At only 19, and in only 2yrs in the nrl, Walsh has already broke his only 2 contracts with NRL clubs. Only a few weeks ago he & his manager were adamant he was moving to nz. Their character leaves a bit to be desired imo.

I heard he wants to be a fullback, but i've also heard he wants to be a center. Pretty sure Locky said fullback was the plan for him when Fatty said something to him after a game.
Does Walsh eventually move into the halves in that scenario??

I didn't expect much of his kicking game, but he's got a fair boot to him and he's left footed... he is also hugely competitive and tenacious. As his footy smarts improves it could only become a question of his defensive abilities.

It's a tough one though, because you can already see signs of Selwyn brings at fullback ... some of the stuff he was doing in attack on the weekend was just game breaking level. Creating a break from the grubber, clean line breaks through the middle... and he also has size about him so as soon as you get his defence up to scratch he could become a weapon at fullback.

Turbo is a unicorn at fullback, has size, speed, ball playing and pretty much everything needed at fullback... but that's what teams are trying to find now. Next closest is probably Latrell and then Teddy, but Teddy is lacking in the size compared to Latrell.

Selwyn could have potential to join that group based on his speed, power and size... his ball playing is a question mark, but doesn't mean he doesn't have it. If you get his defence up to scratch, then he could be anything at fullback.

I dunno about it, it would have made perfect sense had we lost herbie, but now it feels like something that’s just fallen in our lap. At only 19, and in only 2yrs in the nrl, Walsh has already broke his only 2 contracts with NRL clubs. Only a few weeks ago he & his manager were adamant he was moving to nz. Their character leaves a bit to be desired imo.

All that is true of course but you could justify his reasoning for breaking those contracts and it's not like he sensationally walked out, he's obviously asked for a release in both situations.

I'd like to see him clean up his act off the field but people are quick to forget, he's still a kid.

I didn't expect much of his kicking game, but he's got a fair boot to him and he's left footed... he is also hugely competitive and tenacious. As his footy smarts improves it could only become a question of his defensive abilities.

It's a tough one though, because you can already see signs of Selwyn brings at fullback ... some of the stuff he was doing in attack on the weekend was just game breaking level. Creating a break from the grubber, clean line breaks through the middle... and he also has size about him so as soon as you get his defence up to scratch he could become a weapon at fullback.

Turbo is a unicorn at fullback, has size, speed, ball playing and pretty much everything needed at fullback... but that's what teams are trying to find now. Next closest is probably Latrell and then Teddy, but Teddy is lacking in the size compared to Latrell.

Selwyn could have potential to join that group based on his speed, power and size... his ball playing is a question mark, but doesn't mean he doesn't have it. If you get his defence up to scratch, then he could be anything at fullback.

I could see him playing 6, but then i guess do we try to turn Mam into a 7 the way we did with Milf?

In my opinion Reece is a mixture between Teddy and Kalyn and Selwyn is like Latrell and Turbo. But for the first time ever I agree with something said on 360. We have to have a plan for both of them in order to go out and spend the money on it. It just depends on what that plan is.

In my opinion Reece is a mixture between Teddy and Kalyn and Selwyn is like Latrell and Turbo. But for the first time ever I agree with something said on 360. We have to have a plan for both of them in order to go out and spend the money on it. It just depends on what that plan is.
1. Walsh
2. Cobbo
4. Herbie

1. Walsh
4. Cobbo

1. Cobbo
4. Mariner
6. Walsh

or Herbie leaves early.

1. Walsh
6. Mam

Is the dream combination to build forward with, what are Mam's biggest weaknesses as a half? Probably his kicking game and ball-playing, both of the areas that Walsh has shown are well above average for a young Fullback.

None of this crap where we shift Walsh to the halves and mould Mam in to an organiser, we've got the recipe right there.

I heard he wants to be a fullback, but i've also heard he wants to be a center. Pretty sure Locky said fullback was the plan for him when Fatty said something to him after a game.
I think these plans can easily change. Walsh had just left and Broncos can adapt a plan. Herbie also hadn't made his intentions super clear. So, if Cobbo can adjust his game to be wing/centre/fullback it's all good for Brisbane.
1. Walsh
2. Cobbo
4. Herbie

1. Walsh
4. Cobbo

1. Cobbo
4. Mariner
6. Walsh

or Herbie leaves early.
I do like this plan. Having Cobbo as a Hodges-like centre is appealing, but moving Walsh to the halves would be very good. Lockyer was essentially the ball-playing half, more than the running half, so too Walsh would be no loss to Mam's style, IMO. Who cares what number they wear, as long as they play to their strengths.

It would be excellent to have Walsh learn from Reynolds and bond early with Mam. If Herbie has to go FB, why not? It might be great, even though he is killing it at centre.

I think that if the team dynamics can survive it (winning helps), then they boys will just play wherever. Herbie just wants more ball (excellent attitude) and maybe more money. But hey, winning a premiership will allow him to get a decent paycheck after AND playing international games could allow him time at fullback anyway.

I can really see a lot of positives in this news, as long as the salary cap is not absolutely skewed because of it.

Paul Crawley has used this potential signing to question Cobbo's future with us.

NRL 360 (especially Hooper) are saying O'Sullivan is a reason why Walsh could still end up at the Dolphins (none of them have brought up the conditional release that he can only negotiate with us)

I could see him playing 6, but then i guess do we try to turn Mam into a 7 the way we did with Milf?
Do you rule Walsh out as a 7 though??

He seems like the kind of guy that wants the ball in his hands and he has the skills to back it up.

If Walsh becomes a ball dominant half then Ezra can continue to chug along and do his thing.

I feel he looks more comfortable as a half than what Ponga does... Ponga is happy to sit back at times and let the game go by him, but Walsh always wants the ball.

In saying that those two as a possible halves pairing would be ages down the track and Ezra is still a baby in NRL terms ... we don't really know what kind of player he will become and maybe as the years go on he becomes more vocal and wanting to have his hands on the ball.

Do you rule Walsh out as a 7 though??

He seems like the kind of guy that wants the ball in his hands and he has the skills to back it up.

If Walsh becomes a ball dominant half then Ezra can continue to chug along and do his thing.

I feel he looks more comfortable as a half than what Ponga does... Ponga is happy to sit back at times and let the game go by him, but Walsh always wants the ball.

In saying that those two as a possible halves pairing would be ages down the track and Ezra is still a baby in NRL terms ... we don't really know what kind of player he will become and maybe as the years go on he becomes more vocal and wanting to have his hands on the ball.

I dont see him as a 7 personally. My gut feeling is if he moves to the halves its as a 6. I dont really see Mam as one either but like you say , its early days. I do think if we invest our time again in Walsh its as a 1.

If it’s the Melbourne model we are looking to replicate than the cap will always be skewed to the spine, which if this news is true may likely settle on a combination of Cobbo, Walsh, Mam & Mozer by the time Reynolds retires. The rest we need to be prepared to lose, but we have to stick with that combination long term.

Good signing. Ben and DD must have a plan to want Walsh when we have Cobbo. I think it will be Cobbo 1 and Walsh and Mam 6/7. Walsh will move to 6 when Reynolds retires and Mam will have 2-3 experience learning from one of the best unlike Milf who had to learn from Hunt. Reynolds to be halves coach when he retires. Mozer to 9 and in a few years if we can keep them all will be the envy of all teams.
Hope we keep Herbie though, he puts in 100% each game and would hate to see him im Dolphins colors.
Haas I cant see staying but frees cash to get another prop not wanting 1m.
Promising signs

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • teampjta
  • Lurker
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Evander
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.