Walters to take reigns ahead of Henjak

I still don't think it's fair to say you don't want him here because of that. People learn from their mistakes.

Kee said:
Wrongly put sorry.I didnt mean the Warriors were paraded.Quite the opposite.Parra were though.They had a huge week with the public.

Anderson though did it quite the opposite and bought the guys out here far too late.He is the coach and he does what he thinks is right at the time and this was his first GF but to his own admission he said he would do it differantly next time.

Hell I was excited when the Warriors got in.For not to win that Grand Final was devestating.(my sis in law is a kiwi).They deserved it and it was there for the taking.I do blame the coach and of course I don't blame the fans or the country.

Love to see them get another go.Hopefully we will meet them in the near future.
Bugger!That would mean they would lose another one. [icon_wink
Of course the grand final is there for the taking - every grand final is. But to suggest that the warriors should have won that game is ridiculous and even more so to blame it on the coach at the time. The roosters were simply never going to lose that game. They were in a different league to the warriors at the time.

Well I disagree which I have every right to.For me the Warriors were really hot that year and they came out and played crap footy.
The Roosters were never as good as the Warriors were that year.

That is what I meant by the GF was there for the taking.
I don't like Anderson.Never did even before this GF that I am talking about. Would hate to have him at our club as coach.As I said he was under Smith,learnt his trade there and uses the same coaching ways.Maybe he has changed that since SL but I am talking his time in NZ,

Everyone has an opinion on who and who they would like.
Me I would rather Matterson if Henjak is not going to be there.

:roll: Of course you have every right to disagree. I'm just saying that out of everyone I know and everyone I went to that game with, I don't know a single person who thought the warriors were going to win. I was cheering for the warriors, hell everyone I know was (apart from actual roosters fans) but I just don't know anyone who thought they had a real chance of winning it if the roosters came out on their game. Considering you have just said you didn't like Daniel Anderson even before that game, perhaps your judgement of what happened is a little clouded?

And if you blame Anderson for the warriors losing that GF after supposedly being so much better than everyone else that year (they were only 3 points ahead of the roosters on the ladder), do you blame Bellamy for Melbourne losing the GF in 2006? And bear in mind that in 2002 the broncos were in with a fair show too but failed to make it. Was that Bennett's fault? Sometimes teams just don't fire on the day and end up on the wrong side of the scoreline. It doesn't matter how good they were throughout the year, they didn't stand up when it really counted. Hardly something one could blame Daniel Anderson for.

Please don't even go there with 2002.We all know what the deal was with the Roosters on that one. [eusa_naugh
No!My opinion wasn't clouded just cos I didn't like the coach.Bennett has never taken a team to a GF without coming away with the trophy.
Smith>Anderson.Yes!
It's the way the handle the build up and the day.That comes from the coach.

2006 Bellamy did say the same about the Storms week going into that GF.I am not saying we shouldn't have won it.We outplayed them but he did say he would handle the build up differantly next time.Obviously he did.

Kee said:
Please don't even go there with 2002.We all know what the deal was with the Roosters on that one. [eusa_naugh

[eusa_eh Please, enlighten me.

Kee said:
No!My opinion wasn't clouded just cos I didn't like the coach.Bennett has never taken a team to a GF without coming away with the trophy.
Smith>Anderson.Yes!
It's the way the handle the build up and the day.That comes from the coach.

2006 Bellamy did say the same about the Storms week going into that GF.I am not saying we shouldn't have won it.We outplayed them but he did say he would handle the build up differantly next time.Obviously he did.
[icon_lol1. You're suggesting some kind of rigging I'm assuming?? I do love a good conspiracy theory. :roll:

Big deal if Bennett hasn't lost a GF. So if a team falls at the penultimate hurdle, it's not the coaches fault but if they fall at the final hurdle it is the coaches fault? The warriors were never going to win that grand final. Didn't matter who was coaching them. Someone has to lose in these games you know, and god forbid, but Bennett may lose a grand final one day. He's not invincible.

Nashy said:
2002 was rigged? News to me.

I love guessing games. OK, I think Kee is saying:

- the Roosters ratted out the Bulldogs salary cap rorting
- the Roosters, who were 7th or 8th at the time, were then given a leg up by referees, judiciary and administrators, including the famous 8-0 penalty count against the Broncos in the preliminary final
- in return Phil Gould got to have the pleasure of saying "look, Ricky Stuart won the competition because I helped him"

I'm SURE that's how it went down [icon_wink

God it's good having you hear Coxy. Always someone in the know! icon_thumbs_u

Right on Coxy.That was the year Broncs could have,should have (had a shot anyhow)been in that GF and no I don't forget what went on in the lead up to that GF.Not to mention it was due for the Roosters to get into a grand final and Fittler retired from rep that same year.They did get a big helping hand to get there not to mention the massive one of knocking us out of it.

Seriously do you really think that the Warriors Broncs were ever going to play a GF back then in Sydney?

Meat i think you may mean you hope WB doesn't lose a GF THIS year not next.

Coxy said:
Nashy said:
2002 was rigged? News to me.

I love guessing games. OK, I think Kee is saying:

- the Roosters ratted out the Bulldogs salary cap rorting
- the Roosters, who were 7th or 8th at the time, were then given a leg up by referees, judiciary and administrators, including the famous 8-0 penalty count against the Broncos in the preliminary final
- in return Phil Gould got to have the pleasure of saying "look, Ricky Stuart won the competition because I helped him"

I'm SURE that's how it went down [icon_wink

The penalty count was 8 - 2, but we didn't get a penatly till very late in the match tho.

What happens if Kevvie (or some other interim coach) comes and we win the premiership in 09' and the storm run last!! Also whats the effects going to be on a coach who comes in with a clean slate but knows no matter what he is going to be replaced at seasons end? I don't like it at all.

Sorry Meat.I misread your post. [eusa_naugh

I'm starting to believe that it is more a question of when than it is a question of who will coach the Broncos after Bennett.

It will be tough to convince me that Bellamy has not already agreed to coach the Broncos starting either next year or 2010. With Assistant Coach Stephen Kearney (who is widely tipped to get the nod at the Storm if Bellamy does leave) being linked to the Bulldogs Head Coaching position, I get the feeling that Bellamy being released to join the Broncos next year is not such a long shot.

The day Canberra released Henry, he was quoted as saying that he would be at either the Broncos or Cowboys for 09.
Bruno has been very open with his ideas on who he wants as coach saying that Bellamy is first priority but Henry is a close 2nd place, yet the day after being released from Canberra Henry announces he has joined the Cowboys, if he could have got the Broncos and the Cowboys into a bidding war over him I'm sure he would have, but it seems Bruno had no interest in him anymore.

Israel Folau also suggested where Bellamy coach's would affect his decsion on where he would play, could it be possible that Bellemy has let him know of his plans to head north?

Until an announcement is made I guess we will not know for sure. So we will just wait and see.

Kee said:
Right on Coxy.That was the year Broncs could have,should have (had a shot anyhow)been in that GF and no I don't forget what went on in the lead up to that GF.Not to mention it was due for the Roosters to get into a grand final and Fittler retired from rep that same year.They did get a big helping hand to get there not to mention the massive one of knocking us out of it.

Seriously do you really think that the Warriors Broncs were ever going to play a GF back then in Sydney?

Meat i think you may mean you hope WB doesn't lose a GF THIS year not next.
No really, I do love a conspiracy theory!!!

Do you realise just how many people would need to be in on something like that to actually pull it off? And just how slim the odds are of that happening? And just what exactly went on in the lead up to that GF? Me thinks you need to actually explain the statements you're making because otherwise they don't make a lot of sense to me. And why exactly were the roosters 'due' to get into a GF? Were they not in one 2 years earlier??? eusa_think

Seriously, where would the world be without conspiracy theorists? I wonder if man truly did walk on the moon....

Active Now

• achievedrap
  • Lozza
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • mrslong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bongo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Jazza
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Scorchie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lurker
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Manifesto
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.