Walters to take reigns ahead of Henjak

K

Kee

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
Link wont work sorry.Someone please put up link. icon_smile
Stated in the Courier Mail this morning that Kevin Walters is firming ahead of Ivan Henjak who may go with Bennett to Saints to take over the interim role at the Broncos awaiting the outscome of Bellamy and his entourage coming to the Broncos.
Kearney may go to Dogs or continue on as coach of Storm.

I think this is a done deal.Don,t like it.

I like Kevvie but I am very underwhelmed by his CV as a coach [icon_thumbs_do

Kevin Walters firms as interim coach for Broncos

Kevin Walters's close association with Craig Bellamy has seen him firm as the leading contender to coach Brisbane on an interim basis next season.

The Broncos legend, sacked as the club's assistant coach by Wayne Bennett at the end of 2005, is on the verge of re-igniting his top-flight coaching career at Red Hill.

It is understood Walters's relationship with the Storm premiership coach has factored heavily in Brisbane's decision-making. Walters is tipped to become assistant to Bellamy if, as expected, he accepts the top post in 2010.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 89,00.html

Didn't Walters & Lazarus try a coup a few years ago & that's why they were sacked.

They got sacked because Bennett's side was under performing and he needed to take some action, I know of at least one person fired at the time who absolutely despises WB now as they feel they were sacked for basically no reason other than being a scapegoat.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
They got sacked because Bennett's side was under performing and he needed to take some action, I know of at least one person fired at the time who absolutely despises WB now as they feel they were sacked for basically no reason other than being a scapegoat.

Only one? I know at least two, and there were definitely three but one has mellowed somewhat.

They can say they were sacked as scapegoats, but there's no denying the results improved immediately after their departure. Henjak and Benton performed far better than Walters and Belcher did in the same positions.

So Henjak's pulling out? That has to be the only reason, otherwise a huge brainfart from the board here in my opinion.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
So Henjak's pulling out? That has to be the only reason, otherwise a huge brainfart from the board here in my opinion.

Possibly. According to the article there's concern Henjak is intending to go to the Dragons with Bennett.

Coxy said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:

Only one? I know at least two, and there were definitely three but one has mellowed somewhat.

They can say they were sacked as scapegoats, but there's no denying the results improved immediately after their departure. Henjak and Benton performed far better than Walters and Belcher did in the same positions.

There is no doubt about it. I think they were appointed poorly before being sacked poorly. I don't think Kevvie, Lazo or Belcher was qualified for the positions they were given.

Agreed. It's the problem I have with past players trading on their on field success. A great player does not necessarily make a great coach, conditioner etc.

Well there are rumours that Bennett will be taking his coaching staff.

Coxy said:

Possibly. According to the article there's concern Henjak is intending to go to the Dragons with Bennett.

Henjak has reported he wants the job.Why wouldn't he.Of course his option to go with WB would be there if he somehow suspects they are going to go above him and put in Walters.

Kick in the guts again from the Broncos board or Bruno to Henjak I reckon.

Didn't Belcher get the boot?He is cool now though.Lazo would hold a grudge forever imo.

Bennett has been spat on many times for the decisions he has made but seems to me he always came up with the correct one.(not counting a certain player he keeps putting in the side atm.)

Coxy said:

Yep. I spose the problem isn't so much a Kevy looking after the team for just the one year, but the fact that the article suggests Walters will take the assistant's role if Bellamy is to coach us from 2010. Even before an interim coach has been appointed, the speculation has started that Henjak's been demoted - and therefore you'd assume he be leaving.

Kevy's apparent relationship with Bellamy is all well and good, but the facts are that under Henjak and co, the team has performed muched better and shown alot more promise.

The real reasons behind all this we'll probably never know, as we only have media reports to go off, but I can't help but feel a little bit dissapionted if we just simply cut ties with someone like Henjak, especially for someone who we discarded in the past (no disrespect intended to Kevy).

Lazarus did a big dummy spit on the radio, not long after he was sacked.

Bruno rang up after Lazarus & proved Lazarus was lying in certain things he said.

All clubs Lazarus has been with there has been problems.

Canberra, Melbourne & Broncos. And it seems it stems from him

Kaz said:
Lazarus did a big dummy spit on the radio, not long after he was sacked.

Bruno rang up after Lazarus & proved Lazarus was lying in certain things he said.

All clubs Lazarus has been with there has been problems.

Canberra, Melbourne & Broncos. And it seems it stems from him

Lazo like the others had very legitimate gripes with the club, he is a legend of the game and to suggest he is the reason for problems that the Broncos, Raiders and Storm have had is laughable.

True.With that guy in the team there is always a GF right there.Great man to have with you on the field.
Still reckon he's a sulker though and holds grudges. icon_smile

You have to be shitting me.

Just because he was a good player doesn't mean he's going to be a good coach. If this happens, we better bloody get Bellamy.

Nashy said:
You have to be shitting me.

Just because he was a good player doesn't mean he's going to be a good coach. If this happens, we better bloody get Bellamy.

I reckon the only way it will happen is if we have Bellamy's signature on a contract .

Active Now

• Dash
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.