Walters to take reigns ahead of Henjak

The Roosters were the best team for the second half of 2002 outside of a poor showing in the prelim where the referring probably helped them get home they were unquestionably the best side and won accordingly. To suggest otherwise makes you look dumb.

Getting back on topic, throwing a few things out there. I can see this scenario panning out:
* Bulldogs start going after Stephen Kearney
-> Storm don't want to lose Kearney for 2010
-> Storm offer Kearney the job for 09 and Bellamy gets a release.

Having said all that, I want Henjak signed up for more than one year. The results since Henjak came on board speak for themself. Kevvie couldn't get the job done in Queensland Cup with a very strong Toowoomba roster and was assistant with the Broncos going in the wrong direction. Henjak was assistant of a team that found a way to win the comp with Shane Perry at halfback. He's too good to let St George have and we will be able to win without resorting to Jujitsu rubbish that I'd prefer my team not to use (Melbourne win because they are a suberb team, they'd still win without that stuff)

The Rock said:
Kee said:
Right on Coxy.That was the year Broncs could have,should have (had a shot anyhow)been in that GF and no I don't forget what went on in the lead up to that GF.Not to mention it was due for the Roosters to get into a grand final and Fittler retired from rep that same year.They did get a big helping hand to get there not to mention the massive one of knocking us out of it.

Seriously do you really think that the Warriors Broncs were ever going to play a GF back then in Sydney?

Meat i think you may mean you hope WB doesn't lose a GF THIS year not next.

Haha you make me laugh! [icon_lol1.

Seriously, you're pathetic. Did you tell scary bed time stories to your kids? [icon_lol1. That is possibly the biggest load of rubbish that I have ever heard on these forums.

Its funny isn't it. Just like '06 when we won the first preliminary final and there was actually talk about how the Storm wouldn't be allowed to beat St George because the NRL won't allow to non Sydney teams in the grand final. MYTH...BUSTED.

Kee said:
Right on Coxy.That was the year Broncs could have,should have (had a shot anyhow)been in that GF and no I don't forget what went on in the lead up to that GF.Not to mention it was due for the Roosters to get into a grand final and Fittler retired from rep that same year.They did get a big helping hand to get there not to mention the massive one of knocking us out of it.

Seriously do you really think that the Warriors Broncs were ever going to play a GF back then in Sydney?

tinfoil-hat.jpg

Emma said:
but Bennett may lose a grand final one day. He's not invincible.

He did lose a GF... 1987 when Raiders coach. :P

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Kee said:

tinfoil-hat.jpg
[/quote

[icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh I didn't know a strong opinion could cause so much name calling and total immaturity on this forum.
I did say 'back then' btw.
Seems to be forgotten the tail spin the NRL got themselves into when the Broncs Cows met in the final?Took Wayne Bennett to sort it out.

Name call,bag do as you will but I stand by my beliefs that the Roosters were given that game over the Broncos in the finals back in 2002.Short memories from many who don't remember the Broncs anger over the game at the time.

No Meat not too busy to read properly just skimming as another on this forum tends to do to their admission.

Anyhow kiddies.Enough said on this from me thankfully you will agree. icon_thumbs_u

Kee said:
Major JW Hochstetter said:
Kee said:

tinfoil-hat.jpg
[/quote

[icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh I didn't know a strong opinion could cause so much name calling and total immaturity on this forum.
I did say 'back then' btw.
Seems to be forgotten the tail spin the NRL got themselves into when the Broncs Cows met in the final?Took Wayne Bennett to sort it out.

Name call,bag do as you will but I stand by my beliefs that the Roosters were given that game over the Broncos in the finals back in 2002.Short memories from many who don't remember the Broncs anger over the game at the time.

No Meat not too busy to read properly just skimming as another on this forum tends to do to their admission.

Anyhow kiddies.Enough said on this from me thankfully you will agree. icon_thumbs_u
If that's referring to me, you may want to read the thread that I said I had skimmed through and what I actually said. I never had a go at anyone's opinion, I never made wild claims. I asked if anyone had mentioned something as I had skimmed through. If you are going to debate with people as you have been doing, it's probably best not to skim so completely different scenario wouldn't you agree?

Btw, stating that an entire finals series was rigged is hardly an opinion, you're claiming it as fact. Without proof. Good work.

I believe the initial topic is re Walters-v-Henjak, and IMHO god help us if Kevie is selected as coach. I would prefer Henjak over Walters everyday of the week as I feel Henjak has the respect of players rather than Kevie who is seen as one of the boys still and always will, plus is a clown and you want someone with an element of seriousness in an NRL coaching role.

I am pretty sure that St George have already said Nathan Brown will be Bennett's assistant coach, so what role will Henjak take on if he goes there?

As with most others on this thread I really don't want Walters as coach - he can't even get results in Q-Cup, how would he cope with stepping up to coaching NRL

The info that i have from a bloke in the know (who shall remain nameless [icon_razz1 ) is that Bellamy HAS signed for 2010 and Henjak has accepted the interim coaches role for 2009. this bloke is usually correct about these things

I hardly think it would be a surprise it is a done deal with Bellamy [icon_frown
Seems pretty clear really it's done and dusted.

I heard about Bellamy about two weeks ago. Nothing about Henjak though.

I think Henjak is going to go with WB to St George to continue his apprenticeship, if I was Ivan that is what I would probably do. Why take a job where no matter how good or bad you do your going to get the arse.

Big shock if it ain't Bellamy.

It is all very quiet on the coaching front, which makes me think it is a done deal.

According to the Bennett haters on this forum it will make no difference whomever coachs the Broncs. The statement that 'anyone given the players we've had here in Bris would be a raging success' has been bandied about for years. I do not agree with that sentiment though. WB is a great coach and will doubtless prove it at the Gasnierless Dragons.

2002.....anyone know why that game cannot be accessed on the NRLs site ??? Maybe it's there now but I've looked in their archives and could'nt find it (last year)..love to see that game again. I do remember feeling sick after the game and marvellimg at the treatment and obvious bias against the Broncs. One penalty in particular stood out. We were 'caught offside' on the fifth tackle 20 mts out from our own line, at the time I had a copy of the game but it has disappeared, the ref stood 12 mts from the tackled player, we were behind him (13mts),not a single player was offside,(it was easily discernible by the 10 mt grid lines)

The commentary team (sterlo in particular I think) said it was an obvious infringement !!. The freeze frame made it so clear. We WERE rorted by the ref, it was deliberate,calculated and pre-meditated.

Anyone who doubts the bias is simply in denial. It can be 'proven'(as much as something subjective can be ) by three events or records

1.......14 years to get a charge dropped at the judiciary..one that no-one believed should have even been dealt with !!
2.......the outrageous removal of the 2 points during the interchange affair
3.......the number of penalties Brisbane have RECEIVED...lowest by a huge margin over 20 years

I await the flak.

Again with the Tin Hats. Jesus, that's twice in a month, it's getting dirty!

COMPOUND FRACTURE said:
According to the Bennett haters on this forum it will make no difference whomever coachs the Broncs. The statement that 'anyone given the players we've had here in Bris would be a raging success' has been bandied about for years. I do not agree with that sentiment though. WB is a great coach and will doubtless prove it at the Gasnierless Dragons.

2002.....anyone know why that game cannot be accessed on the NRLs site ??? Maybe it's there now but I've looked in their archives and could'nt find it (last year)..love to see that game again. I do remember feeling sick after the game and marvellimg at the treatment and obvious bias against the Broncs. One penalty in particular stood out. We were 'caught offside' on the fifth tackle 20 mts out from our own line, at the time I had a copy of the game but it has disappeared, the ref stood 12 mts from the tackled player, we were behind him (13mts),not a single player was offside,(it was easily discernible by the 10 mt grid lines)

The commentary team (sterlo in particular I think) said it was an obvious infringement !!. The freeze frame made it so clear. We WERE rorted by the ref, it was deliberate,calculated and pre-meditated.

Anyone who doubts the bias is simply in denial. It can be 'proven'(as much as something subjective can be ) by three events or records

1.......14 years to get a charge dropped at the judiciary..one that no-one believed should have even been dealt with !!
2.......the outrageous removal of the 2 points during the interchange affair
3.......the number of penalties Brisbane have RECEIVED...lowest by a huge margin over 20 years

I await the flak.

1. We have seldom fought any charges at the judiciary in that time. Please bring up examples with proof because I am sure we have not fought many charges at the judiciary in that time.
2. It was reversed and we got the 2 points back....what is your point?
3. Please give me some proof because I really doubt we have received the lowest amount by a HUGE margin.

Also yes the ref dodged us in the 2002 Prelim, was the ref actually intentionally trying to knock us out? I severely doubt it. Please once again you come with proof instead of just your wild accusations and you might have a few people agreeing. We got some crap calls in a footy match and it may have cost us a spot in the GF, sides get hammered by refs all the time the Knights were down 7-1 in the count a couple of weeks ago. Ref's don't intentionally stuff teams they stuff decisions up regardless of which team it is for or against.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Evander
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • broncotville
  • GCBRONCO
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.