MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
Wild Horse

Wild Horse

NRL Player
Jan 26, 2017
Well, this media stuff is getting crazy man.. How is Bennett as our coach ment to get any work done in these conditions let alone our players focus on the training and the season at hand? I totally understand now why Bennett hates the media and responds to them in the way he does.

Is this the worst the media has ever been involving the Broncos and Bennett?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
The media have just switched their attention from Lodge to Bennett for the Broncos abuse. If he does stay imagine what we will get just before the season starts

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Does anyone think the media might go easier on us once Wayne leaves? Imagine if Cam Smith was head coach eventually, he'd have the silver tongue to handle them so well.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Does anyone think the media might go easier on us once Wayne leaves? Imagine if Cam Smith was head coach eventually, he'd have the silver tongue to handle them so well.
Unlikely... they have already released a story about Seibold being under immense pressure from the get go and having to come in with ALL the old boys offside.

More likely Wayne will become a saint again like he was at St George.

Media's bias is always against the broncos because we are the common enemy to the Sydney circle jerk. Plus broncos fans will read anything about their team.

Win win for the gutter trash NRL tabloids.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Well, this media stuff is getting crazy man.. How is Bennett as our coach ment to get any work done in these conditions let alone our players focus on the training and the season at hand? I totally understand now why Bennett hates the media and responds to them in the way he does.

Must be close.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

It’s no wonder we struggled last year. Some people will refuse to admit it (Bennett is one of them) but the media ruined us last year. There’s no way wayne can concentrate with all of this attention and scrutiny. No coach could

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

They're creating their own news stories.

It's all about constantly stirring the pot around the coach now, then when the team inevitably struggles throughout the season, THAT becomes the story.

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
This is getting ridiculous. Niether coach has done nothing wrong to be in this position but are being dragged through the mud. What happened at Penrith is a story not this. I said a week ago that the Broncos and Wayne are Australia's Trump and Republican party. It went over peoples heads but that is exactly what its like. Blind hate is fueling the media circus. Both coaches have contracts with their clubs for 2019. Players all over the place have the same issues. Why now is it untenable. Sick of reading about this crap.

hahhahah. No. Just no.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008

Yes, it's reached a new low at least in Australia. The low was achieved last year but locally they have kept that standard in place. The attack on WB/Broncos over Lodge and the attacks on WB over his choice of partner and the attacks on WB over his coaching relationship with the players set the bar so low.

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010
I have not even bothered reading the last couple of articles. It's almost guaranteed that it will be absolute tripe.

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010
Why dont they interview a few of our emerging stars? Tell us a bit of their story. I'm sure it would be a lot more interesting to read than this crap.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Why dont they interview a few of our emerging stars? Tell us a bit of their story. I'm sure it would be a lot more interesting to read than this crap.
No,no, no, no, no. We don't want the media anywhere near our emerging stars thank you.

Last edited:
L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Whilst I totally agree with everyone om here that the media are pathetic in this country, especially the nrl media, Wayne has also lost me totally here.

Even the staunchest bennett admirer can surely see through what he is doing here?

Bennett has been out-wayned here. He always lived by if you have nothing to say to the media then dont say anything yet he expects morris and white to speak to the media to repeat themselves again? Even if deals are being done behind closed doors it does not change their public comment because all that would do would be to give you leverage in payout negotiations. White and morris have played this PERFECTLY, they will not have to pay a cent and bennett hates it lol... there was no need for him to question white and morris for not talking ONE DAY after saying to the media that there is no change to the situation so lets get on with everything...

Last edited:
the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Dobbo reckons that Wayne has only signed a letter of intent, and not a contract to coach Souffs in 2020.
Also said that Wayne had verbally said to Souffs he would be there on 3rd December, and was bringing his own assistant.
If, and that's a big if what Dobbo is saying is true, I think there could be a few more twists to play out.
Let's not forget Wayne has back flipped on Souffs before and also the Roosters..

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Dobbo reckons that Wayne has only signed a letter of intent, and not a contract to coach Souffs in 2020.
Also said that Wayne had verbally said to Souffs he would be there on 3rd December, and was bringing his own assistant.
If, and that's a big if what Dobbo is saying is true, I think there could be a few more twists to play out.
Let's not forget Wayne has back flipped on Souffs before and also the Roosters..

Wayne will retire at the end of 2019. We just need to go deep into the finals to seal the deal I reckon. Why else was he so adamant to stay to see out his contract. Souths should be very nervous

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Wayne will retire at the end of 2019. We just need to go deep into the finals to seal the deal I reckon. Why else was he so adamant to stay to see out his contract. Souths should be very nervous
My point exactly. My first thought was when Morris (for the 50th time) confirmed Wayne will be at the helm in 2019, was if we go deep or even win it next year, he won’t worry about heading South.
Now to hear dobbo report that Wayne has only signed a letter of intent for 2020 with Souths, only adds to the possibility he isn’t 100% keen on coaching Souths.

Active Now

• Dexter
  • Allo
  • Maroon4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • Strop
  • Dash
  • bazza
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.