MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
My sincere apologies, when you stated above `I'll stick with the evidence ...' when you had provided none whatsoever and you had in fact only stated an opinion, led me to believe that you were asserting that your opinion was evidence. Out of interest then, what was the `evidence' you were referring to?
The evidence I'm sticking with is first hand evidence. Like hearing WB say something, seeing it on camera or if fortunate enough, hearing him in person. I just will not accept a journos version unless he or she has video with audio. They are proven liars and misrepresent the truth as a matter of course.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
The evidence I'm sticking with is first hand evidence. Like hearing WB say something, seeing it on camera or if fortunate enough, hearing him in person. I just will not accept a journos version unless he or she has video with audio. They are proven liars and misrepresent the truth as a matter of course.
Those are quotes from Bennett, not interpretations or the usual inventions from the media.

Actually putting words into someone's mouth by using quotes is called libel, and is not something a journo can do without risking being sued for defamation. Unless you're talking about some random blog on the internet, you will not see this occurring from any mainstream media outlet.

I was on board with him staying and get a deserved farewell at the Broncos until this. Now he can **** right off, as he is only stirring the pot and destabilising the club.
After the weekend announcement, there was ZERO need for this. A "No comment" (had to lol at his supposed hatred of it), "Not going to repeat myself", or "Which part about last weekend's announcement did you not understand?" would have been the perfect answer to get the media to shut up on the subject. Instead he tells them to go camp themselves outside his superiors' houses... yeah, nothing to see here.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Those are quotes from Bennett, not interpretations or the usual inventions from the media.

Actually putting words into someone's mouth by using quotes is called libel, and is not something a journo can do without risking being sued for defamation. Unless you're talking about some random blog on the internet, you will not see this occurring from any mainstream media outlet.

I was on board with him staying and get a deserved farewell at the Broncos until this. Now he can **** right off, as he is only stirring the pot and destabilising the club.
After the weekend announcement, there was ZERO need for this. A "No comment" (had to lol at his supposed hatred of it), "Not going to repeat myself", or "Which part about last weekend's announcement did you not understand?" would have been the perfect answer to get the media to shut up on the subject. Instead he tells them to go camp themselves outside his superiors' houses... yeah, nothing to see here.
Yeah, great. Sorry champion, unless I hear them I'm not bothering with them. You've never been onboard with WB and have been a critic for years. Like most (myself included) you have no idea what is needed in response to this ongoing harassment. Also like so many you are quick to judge and condemn yet know absolutely nothing about what is going on behind the scenes. Employers are NOT superiors. You have this crazy notion that paying someone makes them subservient.

You simply want to stick the slipper into WB but never consider for one single solitary second how YOU might feel or react after a constant barrage of negativity and harassment. Don't hide behind mock indignation and ridiculous claims to special knowledge like how you know with such certainty what WB is doing and thinking. I don't see destabilization, I see a man who refuses to buckle handling things the best way he knows how. The Bronco's will be just fine and don't worry your pretty little head that a few grumpy but justified words will destroy the Broncos.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Broncos prepare to capitalise on Bennett's farewell season

Mon 26 Nov 2018, 05:43 PM

The only way Wayne Bennett won't get to enjoy a Johnathan Thurston-type farewell/

I hope it's better than Thurstons fairwell or it's going to be a looong year

Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Dec 6, 2015

Everything you have said here is correct and I agree but journalists don’t have to explicitly say when a quote was given. Wayne may not have said this after the announcement on Saturday. In fact it looks word for word the same as something he said months ago when trying to force them to make a clear announcement regarding his future.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Everything you have said here is correct and I agree but journalists don’t have to explicitly say when a quote was given. Wayne may not have said this after the announcement on Saturday. In fact it looks word for word the same as something he said months ago when trying to force them to make a clear announcement regarding his future.
Except for the do a runner comment which places the interview as occurring in the last few days.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Yeah, great. Sorry champion, unless I hear them I'm not bothering with them. You've never been onboard with WB and have been a critic for years. Like most (myself included) you have no idea what is needed in response to this ongoing harassment. Also like so many you are quick to judge and condemn yet know absolutely nothing about what is going on behind the scenes. Employers are NOT superiors. You have this crazy notion that paying someone makes them subservient.

You simply want to stick the slipper into WB but never consider for one single solitary second how YOU might feel or react after a constant barrage of negativity and harassment. Don't hide behind mock indignation and ridiculous claims to special knowledge like how you know with such certainty what WB is doing and thinking. I don't see destabilization, I see a man who refuses to buckle handling things the best way he knows how. The Bronco's will be just fine and don't worry your pretty little head that a few grumpy but justified words will destroy the Broncos.
Please just stop. You're embarrassing yourself now with the excuses. There was no need, NONE, to make those statements, a couple of days after the chairman of the board confirmed the Broncos were honouring the contract with him.

You like to argue semantics so much, don't you? You know full well I meant superiors hierarchically, not as in "ubermensch", but hey, I'm sure you will recognise you were mistaken... not.

As to the rest of your incoherent rant, I don't like Wayne's football, and haven't in one and a half decade. I've never made a secret of that. Regardless, I won't take credit away from him for that reason, and this is what I posted about this issue literally one day before WB's outburst, which you and other Wayne sycophants probably suppressed from memory:

I'm glad this saga is over (for now...), with club and coach sticking to their word.

I don't believe we'll be much better next season, and I would prefer to see Seibold take the reigns ASAP and change the type of footy we play, but Wayne has done enough for the Broncos to deserve a chance to go out better than with that dreadful display against the Dragons as his last game.
I'm not convinced he will improve things much, although hopefully a fully fit Gillo, Milford and Boyd should help, but I hope he proves me wrong and leaves after bringing us our 7th premiership!

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if "things change" a few weeks from now, especially once we have our youngsters tied up to new contracts, removing the chances of Wayne enticing them to move with him, which is something I do fear, and couldn't blame him for under the circumstances.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
As @lynx000 mentioned, the comment about the runner places this comment in the present, not past. This also places the interview in the present:

“There has been these ridiculous suggestions that I am only hanging out for a payout. I am not interested in a payout,” Bennett said.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
I hope it's better than Thurstons fairwell or it's going to be a looong year
A couple key injuries and it could easily be similar to JT's. That's the thing about RL, you can never be sure what is around the corner. But I would put your money on a Top 4 berth and an appearance in the GFQ. With a bit of luck, it could even be better.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
So a bit of goss is doing the rounds this morning. A certain female acquaintance of Mr Bennett who works as a real estate property manager for Ray White is finishing up in her role because ‘they’ will be living in Sydney before christmas...

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
So a bit of goss is doing the rounds this morning. A certain female acquaintance of Mr Bennett who works as a real estate property manager for Ray White is finishing up in her role because ‘they’ will be living in Sydney before christmas...
I'm not seeing this anywhere on social media

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
A couple key injuries and it could easily be similar to JT's. That's the thing about RL, you can never be sure what is around the corner. But I would put your money on a Top 4 berth and an appearance in the GFQ. With a bit of luck, it could even be better.

Like Gillett and Bird from this season? At full strength we’re easily a top 4 side so long as we learn to put away crap sides and not take anyone easily.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008

That is good intel, more smoke if not a bit of flame.

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
I must say, this news that Seibold has a preseason trip to the Australian Institute of Sport all planned out for next week for the bunnies, and that WB would have cancelled this trip, highlights why we are likely much better off with Seibs.

Innovative, creative, and not stuck in his ways. The sooner he is on board, the better.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Wolfie
  • Scorchie
  • Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  • lakers133334
  • Dexter
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Redux
  • Organix
  • BruiserMk1
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Skathen
  • Bucking Beads
  • Alec
  • Xzei
... and 68 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.