MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Discussion in 'Rugby League Talk' started by I bleed Maroon, Aug 1, 2018.

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

1. Yes

55.8%
  2. No

44.2%
  1. Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann NRL Player

Did we?

soup, ostin86 and 007 like this.
  2. Battler

Battler NRL Captain

At least Seibold has a chance to coach them and maybe get them on board. If they intended to leave with Wayne at the end of 2019 then they were 100% gone anyway.

ostin86, Porthoz, LGH and 2 others like this.
  3. A couple of things come to mind here.

1. Given O'sullivan came across because he thought Bennett would be the coach will the club offer him a release if he wants it? (He may not want it but I think he should be given the option)

2. Whether this is the right move or not for the club will be very simple to work out, it just needs some time.
    Siebold is now on a 5 year deal. Bennetts record for the previous 4 years with the Broncos is:

2015 Grand Finalists
    2016 Finals Week 2
    2017 Finals Week 3
    2018 Finals Week 1

By any measure this has to be the bench mark Siebold should to be measured against in the coming seasons. Naturally if he can deliver a premiership at any time in the next 4 years that will mean he has surpassed the bench mark but as ever time will tell but it may need a few seasons to be clear.

Conversely should we miss the top eight in any season his position should become very tenuous.

I think we should all watch with interest.

Thelmus likes this.
  4. Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads International Captain

Whoever the **** I like.

broncos4life and scgg like this.
  5. Pretty disappointed with all sides here TBH. Both boards and WB really fucked this whole situation up.

Lebbo73, Gaz, Porthoz and 5 others like this.
  6. Jedhead

Jedhead NRL Player

His first year at Souths. His willingness to adopt new techniques proved invaluable and within one season he had turned an otherwise floundering club back into potential champions. I have to say Souths looked far stronger than the Broncs come semi time. I also think that Cooks' rise to prominence in 2018 had a lot to do with Seibs coaching. How Souths were coached to play off their fast moving hooker was quite obvious. After watching a number of video interviews as well I'm more than confident he has the smarts and the wherewithal to thrive as our new coach. Welcome back to the Broncos Anthony, I wish you all the success possible during your stay as our new coach (Hope you packed your BBQ).

Dreaglor, ostin86, LGH and 4 others like this.
  7. barker

barker NYC Player

Looks like the sentiments on the Broncos Facebook page are pretty much anti Broncos management. There are some ill informed and ignorant people on there making comments and one or two disgusting comments about Seibold and his family.

Marty Deutschmann likes this.
  8. Dee

Dee QCup Player

Sydney
    Souths were definitely playing better football then us during the finals. The way we lost to the Dragons was disgraceful actually. I don't care who's coach, performances like that are simply unacceptable.

I just hope the players buy into what Seibold brings. It's well known the Broncos players love Wayne so I just hope they aren't bitter about Wayne's sacking and accept Seibold and we all move in the one direction. If the players don't buy into Seibolds way, it won't matter, nothing will matter and we won't even make the 8.

Lebbo73 and Jedhead like this.
  9. Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads International Captain

Sounds a lot like this joint. Its mostly a Bennett Circle jerk with the sprinkling of reality.

Gaz likes this.
  10. Foordy

Foordy

Then you don't have any faith in our players

11. FaithinHook

FaithinHook NRL Player

It is FB so to be expected unfortunately in regard to comments about Seibs and family. A lot of mouth breathers hang put on Broncs FB page.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Porthoz likes this.
  12. 007

007 QCup Player

Huge, where art thou emotional woman? Still on Wikipedia editing the meaning of untenable, pretty sure you will find a picture of WB there ;)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  13. Morepudding

Morepudding QCup Player

Wheres the leaked email? i cant find the article

14. Foordy

Foordy

The majority have nothing but respect for Wayne for what he has helped build and what he has done in the past ...

But, Wayne Bennett is in a results orientated business... He can't keep living on his past results. Wayne has been around long enough to know this.

JAHHW, Dee and Jedhead like this.
  15. Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann NRL Player

About to happen right now

16. Morepudding

Morepudding QCup Player

So White has come out and said exactly what the Media said. He bamboozled us and lied and then backflipped. So glad he got sacked.

17. Wolfie

Wolfie State of Origin Rep

I'm not exactly dissapointed we have a new coach as i think the change will do everyone good. I'm just really not happy with how everything has played out. I feel the Broncos could have done this weeks ago instead of playing games, which has then in turn lead to every other party playing games.

gordjw, Cult3 and john1420 like this.
  18. Morepudding

Morepudding QCup Player

Wayne not answering the phone. Classic tantrum. Dumped over voicemail lol.

19. Morepudding

Morepudding QCup Player

So this all make wayne look like a complete knob. Completely lied about the whole press conference to the club too.

Marty Deutschmann likes this.
  20. Morepudding

Morepudding QCup Player

Just got Member Mail. Seibold for 2019 confirmed.