MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Discussion in 'Rugby League Talk' started by I bleed Maroon, Aug 1, 2018.

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

1. Yes

55.8%
  2. No

44.2%
  1. Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann NRL Player

No,
    He 100% right.
    Any right minded and objective thinker would be able to see this

2. Morepudding

Morepudding QCup Player

White indicated that Bennet had agreed to a swap. Then on Friday organised a press conference without telling anyone at the Broncos and announced he was staying. He's been trying to get a payout the whole time, but it seems he has breached contract and won't be getting paid out.

Gaz and Marty Deutschmann like this.
  3. Excited for change but very disappointed with how it all came about.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, has come out of this smelling like roses.

The really disappointing thing though, is the reaction on here by so many.

Nobody but the very few insiders (Wayne, Seibs, and the boards) actually know what happened.

The rest of us are basing our opinions on press conferences and media reports, and that's exactly what they are; opinions.

Yet you decide that your opinion is actually, fact.

Heads up, it isn't.

IMO, the man who built the club and bought us 6 premierships at least deserves a little benefit of doubt.

He may have engineered the entire thing, and if so, I'd be disappointed but bottom line I don't know if he did or didn't, but I'm open to the possibility that he did and so there is now a shadow over his legacy, a question mark if you will. But so many of you have decided with 100% certainty that he is guilty and now despise the man. You simply don't know for sure what happened and would do well to remember that.

And further, if Wayne did get the shits on because the club he built wouldn't give him an extension and engineered this whole thing as a big **** you, who am I to say I wouldn't have done the same thing if I was put in the same position? I'm only human and I may well have acted the same way.

For all of you ready to burn Wayne at the stake, remember you are human too, and you may be wrong in your assumptions about this whole saga, and even if you're right, whose to say you wouldn't have done the same thing in the same situation?

This place needs a big load of humility.

Huge, AndyB, pagey and 5 others like this.
  4. Dee

Dee QCup Player

Sydney
    Well said !!!!

5. Browny

Browny State of Origin Captain

Drunk
    **** me can Australian sport just pull their collective heads in.

They’ve managed to make me lose interest in the cricket and now the Broncs are trying bloody hard as well.

GKDonkey likes this.
  6. Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann NRL Player

Also on the money.
    He turned bad.
    Stubbornness brought him his successes, but also wrote his downfall

bronx89 likes this.
  7. pagey

pagey NRL Captain

Titans

8. Wolfie

Wolfie State of Origin Rep

Not saying Bennett hasnt done anything wrong if we believe the media, but at the same time, Seibold has been equally as low if he has leaked emails and not just come out in public and said what he thinks. Its underhanded, i'd prefer it if he just came out, did an interview and said whats on his mind. He hasnt actually called BS on anything really as he hasnt said anything himself.

Big issue we have is we just dont know what the truth is from any side.

9. Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads International Captain

That’s cute and literally the only come back I get from you potatoes who fail to get a grip on reality.

soup and bronx89 like this.
  10. pagey

pagey NRL Captain

Nope

11. Dash

Dash NRL Player

Brisbane
    I think he did do an interview. There were plenty of quotes in the same article that contained the email.

12. pagey

pagey NRL Captain

So true , I only watched about 5 full games last year. Definitely not going to come close this year either. All this has made me " meh" about the Broncos and aussie sport in general. Oh and the media can suck my balls.

13. Wolfie

Wolfie State of Origin Rep

Havent seen any interview where he has came out in public and called anyone out. This email until we get some real clarification isnt much proof imo.

As for Wayne being out Wayned, isnt this situation exactly what people said he was after all along? A huge payout, he hasnt had to quit and give up any money and he gets to coach a club with a great history and a very decent Roster. I'd say Wayne has probably come out of this very well. He has forced the hands of everyone he wanted to if we believe the media.

KickHaas likes this.
  14. Lockysillegitimatechild

Lockysillegitimatechild NRL Player

Lol “if we believe the media”... we dont need to “believe the media”, there was a press conference today and an email that has PROVED bennett was being a lot more underhanded and devious in his dealings with EVERYONE in this situation. Outside of bennett being hooked up to a lie detector and photo evidence what does the pro-bennett group want to show he was the one acting childishly and he did not give a shit about the club throughout this process? Honestly, what would prove it?

Seibold beat bennett. Simple, bennett wont get a payout as he breached his contract quite obviously, he got his job, he used the media. This is a massive win for seibold over bennett and if bennett did the same thing to seibold all the pro-bennett crowd on here would be screaming from the rafters about how bennett is such a genius with the media and is a cunning and smart operator. The hipocrisy is ridiculous...

Gaz, Jedhead, ostin86 and 2 others like this.
  15. winslow_wong

winslow_wong State of Origin Captain

bris
    I think it’s time for Boyd to really step up and lead the boys. He has publicly backed seibold and needs to get all the players on board. We have the squad to go deep in 2019 and they need to make the most of it and not mourn over Wayne.

BroncsFan, Gaz, JAHHW and 3 others like this.
  16. Lockysillegitimatechild

Lockysillegitimatechild NRL Player

Also, he WONT get a huge payout. He breached his contract lol. If i was the ceo of coca cola and i was contacting employee at pepsi and setting out plans for the future you think i would get a cent if they sacked me lol. Im sure jason simmons can confirm/deny this but youd think this contract dispute would be a quick decision if it goes to court

17. theshed

theshed NRL Player

Depends if Wayne gets his payout or not, which is being reported that he won’t.

Gaz likes this.
  18. big k

big k QCup Player

So Bennett has been manipulating everything behind the scenes to either force Brisbane to pay him out or shaft Seibold's season at the Rabbitohs so he looks good coming in as the savior of Souths.

He deserved to be hung out to dry. He was banking on no one releasing this stuff and it backfired. People want clarity in these situations, that email release gave it, it showed the person taking the highest road publicly to actually be the person being the most manipulative.

Gaz, Dreaglor, whykickamoocow and 5 others like this.
  19. Browny

Browny State of Origin Captain

Drunk
    I can’t even be arsed trying to forensically examine the bullshit to find out what actually happened and who’s to blame.

I missed most of this season being on Christmas Island and not even looking forward to this season

pagey likes this.
    Lol at the White & Morris press conference, they confirm exactly what I suspected, it was all Bennett.

This quote from Morris says it all -

"I'm satisfied the board and particularly Paul and in our relationship and discussions with Souths we couldn't have done any more than we what we did. We've been very respectful not only to Wayne but to his legacy."

He is sympathizing with Souths, both clubs literally did everything they could do make this a peaceful transition and the old flog wouldn't have it. Good riddance. What a way to tarnish your reputation.

LGH and Marty Deutschmann like this.