PLAYER Billy Walters

What role should Billy Walters play?

• Total voters
We also won some games with Steve Michaels, Nick Parfitt, Stu Kelly, Aaron Gorrell, Ben Czislowski, Darren Burns, Palmer Wapau, Joel Clinton, Darren Mapp, Craig Frawley, Steve Irwin, Reece Robinson and with the entire 2020 team.

You back the **** up off my boy!

We won convincingly with Turpin and Paix.

Not only did we lose when Walters replaced Paix, we got thoroughly thrashed in the next 5 out of 6 games. Our attack looked like a bumbling mess.

**** your context. They're the facts.

Here are the facts:

we won 12 games where Billy played (11 where he was either hooker or bench utility)
we only won 5 games when Turpin played
Billy and Paix combined for 8 wins
Turpin and Paix combined for 2 wins
our biggest win of the season (38-0 drubbing of Manly) was with a Billy/Paix combination

Himym how i met your mother

Here are the facts:

we won 12 games where Billy played (11 where he was either hooker or bench utility)
our biggest win of the season (38-0 drubbing of Manly) was with a Billy/Paix combination

View attachment 19965
some more facts:
on our losing streak at the end of the season billy was getting 50 minutes to turps 30 and we were letting in a shitload more points with him on the field.

Here are the facts:

View attachment 19965

**** man, we all watched the last 6 games. Who are you trying to kid with this shit?

If we have to watch another season of the have-a-go show running our dummy half we'll all be killing each other. There is nothing here to be smug about.

There is no Turpin to blame next season. Who do you think is going to take his place as whipping boy?

**** man, we all watched the last 6 games. Who are you trying to kid with this shit?

If we have to watch another season of the have-a-go show running our dummy half we'll all be killing each other. There is nothing here to be smug about.

just because the facts don't suit your agenda doesn't mean they're not facts.

your boy Turpin is shit ... deal with it. maybe you can follow him to the Rorters, assuming they don't come to their senses first

I literally quoted your ranking of him. Are you going back on it?
'Most loyal apologist' based on what?

Also news flash, I would have ranked Shane Perry the 16th halfback in 2006 - I'm still grateful for what he achieved because he did his job.

just because the facts don't suit your agenda doesn't mean they're not facts.

your boy Turpin is shit ... deal with it. maybe you can follow him to the Rorters, assuming they don't come to their senses first
I haven't rated Turpin since 2019. But I agree with @theshed in that he and Billy are about on par in attack, with Jake being a stronger defender.

You continue to make the rookie mistake of thinking this is about Billy versus Jake. It's about Billy versus every other utility in the competition. Try comparing him to Brandon Smith or even Jake Granville.

'Most loyal apologist' based on what?

Also news flash, I would have ranked Shane Perry the 16th halfback in 2006 - I'm still grateful for what he achieved because he did his job.
You seem to be about the most pro Billy around these parts. I stand corrected if you see it differently.

Based on your imagination, got it.
Based on a conversation we had yesterday. Particularly this comment. Perhaps you don't realize it, but you are probably his biggest fan here. I'm not even saying you're a fan. I'm saying you're probably his biggest fan HERE. Which is to say, most of us would rather we had someone better, and many of us, don't see any need to extend him. You would like to see him at 14. The rest who would like to extend him see him as injury backup, in other words, not in the team.

It's relative, not absolute.

Here are the facts:

View attachment 19965
so Billy is better than Turpin? what an achievement.

Billy won 52% of games he played
Paix won 75% of games he played

so Billy is better than Turpin? what an achievement.

Billy won 52% of games he played
Paix won 75% of games he played
It's the old douche vs turd sandwich argument, over and over.

It's the old douche vs turd sandwich argument, over and over.
Yeah it’s a real trend on here that people can’t discuss a player without whataboutism. It’s like how saying Niu sucks means I must think TMM is the next RTS

Billy is a 2 star hooker maybe 2.5 on his day. Me saying this is no reflection of my thoughts on the other hookers at the club.

I do think Paix is better than Billy but that’s fine if you want to argue otherwise. The point is, even if I’m wrong about Paix and Billy is superior than it still remains we have a mid to poor quality hooker.

All other arguments are irrelevant. I’m not mad if we re-sign Billy because I actually think Paix is good enough to carry him. Assuming we don’t sign someone better than both of them, i I just wish Paix would get his 50-60 minutes per game. Then I don’t really care who the other hooker is. Billy, Turpin, Smoothy. Couldn’t care less, it’s only 25 minutes.

Based on a conversation we had yesterday. Particularly this comment. Perhaps you don't realize it, but you are probably his biggest fan here. I'm not even saying you're a fan. I'm saying you're probably his biggest fan HERE. Which is to say, most of us would rather we had someone better, and many of us, don't see any need to extend him. You would like to see him at 14. The rest who would like to extend him see him as injury backup, in other words, not in the team.

It's relative, not absolute.

Where did I say I'd 'like' to see him at 14?

Maybe stick to the facts instead of trying to spin things and create a false narrative.

Where did I say I'd 'like' to see him at 14?

Maybe stick to the facts instead of trying to spin things and create a false narrative.
Click on the link in the thread you replied to. You said it there. Your arguing is bizarre. What is your point?

Click on the link in the thread you replied to. You said it there. Your arguing is bizarre. What is your point?
I didn't say 'I would like to see him at 14'.

My point is right there in the second line.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Spooky1013
  • Skyblues87
  • Old Mate
  • Dash
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncos Maestro
  • MrMoore
  • Big Del
  • Painin the Haas
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.