PLAYER Billy Walters

What role should Billy Walters play?

• Total voters
I didn't say 'I would like to see him at 14'.

My point is right there in the second line.
I don't know how to reconcile any of this, but I apologize profusely for calling you a Billy fan. Quite the insult. If there's anything I can do to make it up to you please let me know.

Yeah it’s a real trend on here that people can’t discuss a player without whataboutism. It’s like how saying Niu sucks means I must think TMM is the next RTS

Billy is a 2 star hooker maybe 2.5 on his day. Me saying this is no reflection of my thoughts on the other hookers at the club.

I do think Paix is better than Billy but that’s fine if you want to argue otherwise. The point is, even if I’m wrong about Paix and Billy is superior than it still remains we have a mid to poor quality hooker.

All other arguments are irrelevant. I’m not mad if we re-sign Billy because I actually think Paix is good enough to carry him. Assuming we don’t sign someone better than both of them, i I just wish Paix would get his 50-60 minutes per game. Then I don’t really care who the other hooker is. Billy, Turpin, Smoothy. Couldn’t care less, it’s only 25 minutes.
Imagine you posted this fairly flippant question more about an uneasy feeling you're getting about a finger on the scales that's tilting a certain way, rather than it being completely literal, and you're still swatting flies over it. Noting well the start of the second and third paragraphs, and how they were completely ignored by all replies:

I don't know how to reconcile any of this, but I apologize profusely for calling you a Billy fan. Quite the insult. If there's anything I can do to make it up to you please let me know.
Stop labelling people you disagree would be a good start. Working on your comprehension skills wouldn't hurt either. It would certainly make the community a better place.

so Billy is better than Turpin? what an achievement.

Billy won 52% of games he played
Paix won 75% of games he played

Relevant to the sample size? ......a bit unfair.

BW is pretty durable......shouldn't that also come into consideration?

Talented footballers who spent most of their career on the sidelines because of injury, don't win too many premierships.

Stop labelling people you disagree would be a good start. Working on your comprehension skills wouldn't hurt either. It would certainly make the community a better place.

Ban him....

My God, you literally said "Also, I'm fine with him as a 14." If you can't comprehend your own writing, what chance have we?

Relevant to the sample size? ......a bit unfair.

BW is pretty durable......shouldn't that also come into consideration?

Talented footballers who spent most of their career on the sidelines because of injury, don't win too many premierships.
Paix had 4 weeks off? Billy did his ACL last season. Clutching at straws now mate

No other team is expressing interest, so 1 year at minimum salary would secure him.

The fact is that at this time there are limited realistic options available that would improve our credentials for a premiership next year and can cover the halves and hooker as depth. In releasing gamble, kelly and roberts our depth at half after madden is shallow, and yes we would have 4 hooker options (smoothy, paix walters and mozer) however I think none of those options are up to 80mins of first grade (smoothy might actually be the closest 80 min option given he did it frequently in qcup). If there were a better option out there I would be open to it, but I dont know any you could get with nrl experience, min wage and for the one year.

No other team is expressing interest, so 1 year at minimum salary would secure him.

The fact is that at this time there are limited realistic options available that would improve our credentials for a premiership next year and can cover the halves and hooker as depth. In releasing gamble, kelly and roberts our depth at half after madden is shallow, and yes we would have 4 hooker options (smoothy, paix walters and mozer) however I think none of those options are up to 80mins of first grade (smoothy might actually be the closest 80 min option given he did it frequently in qcup). If there were a better option out there I would be open to it, but I dont know any you could get with nrl experience, min wage and for the one year.
Don’t you think it’s frustrating that out of TMM, Gamble, and Walters, we went with Walters? The least talented of the 3 imo.

Don’t you think it’s frustrating that out of TMM, Gamble, and Walters, we went with Walters? The least talented of the 3 imo.
Obviously TMM would have been the ideal of these lot to keep but like **** off trying to compare a kiwi squad member with the other 2. Also with this current hooker market and with Madden coming I would be taking Billy over Tyson a million times over. Like when would Tyson get a game? Like 1 or 2 if he is lucky.

Out of those 3 Billy is the only one who would remain on or be close too wage minimum wage. Gamble and TMM would be seeking upgrades.
The bonus of having Billy in the squad and being Kev's son is we will always have a stronger chance of keeping other players the likes of Herbie, Cobbo, Mam, Carrigan etc because we can offer them that bit more because we're not upgrading our depth options. Also when a player comes available we have Billy on the cheap so we've got more money to throw at a better option.
Billy may not be the most talented player out there but he can do a job if called upon, I'm sure he'd play for the Broncos under his dad for a Can of coke and packet of chips. If we have a better option Billy will be sitting in reserve grade on 150k instead of TMM sitting in reserve grade on 300k+.

Pretty sure TMM had always expressed a desire to get back to NZ....so its not like we "chose" to let him go.

Gamble vs BW....... BW is more versatile.......so a better utility option.

The hilarity that somehow Walters not only has the arrogance to think he can pull the wool over everyone eyes and snag his son a job, and that he even has the power to be able to pull off such a move.

But hey, look at the debate it's caused! Look at the clicks he's getting for himself! Gutter journo 101, well done.

Pretty sure TMM had always expressed a desire to get back to NZ....so its not like we "chose" to let him go.

Gamble vs BW....... BW is more versatile.......so a better utility option.
TMM publicly stated he wanted to stay. Stop lying brother. Stick to the facts

The hilarity that somehow Walters not only has the arrogance to think he can pull the wool over everyone eyes and snag his son a job, and that he even has the power to be able to pull off such a move.

But hey, look at the debate it's caused! Look at the clicks he's getting for himself! Gutter journo 101, well done.
Wait wait wait... are you trying to tell me that Kevvie isnt a mastermind that has orchestrated this whole thing to get his son a base NRL contract.... but this is also the same guy who apparently doesnt have the tactical nous to coach an NRL team.

Kevvie over here playing 4D chess whilst the rest of us are looking for the checkers box

Billy is the only one of those 3 prepared to be a squad member, the other two want starting 13 roles and went to clubs where they would likely get them

TMM publicly stated he wanted to stay. Stop lying brother. Stick to the facts

Now who's trying to manipulate facts to suit their agenda

The landscape changed for both parties as soon as we signed Walsh and you know it.

Despite that we still wanted to keep TMM. And if he still wanted to stay as a depth player on depth money he would have got a new contract.

Don't even pretend like the choice was between Billy and TMM, it exposes your agenda in a heartbeat (at least it would if we didn't all already know it)

Active Now

• Astro
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.