What are your cooked NRL ideas?

Refs shouldn't be allowed to call players by their first names - last names or preferably jersey numbers only.
Agree with this one.... I hate they call them by their first names, it just comes across as being too familiar/friendly with the players and as a result I don't think players respect the refs, it should be jersey numbers only.

6 again should be +6 tackles instead of resetting tackle count so 1st tackle 6 agains are punished properly.

Or you could replace it with a penalty and optional kick for touch/goal as the added reward. Not sure that could ever work, though.

Agree with this one.... I hate they call them by their first names, it just comes across as being too familiar/friendly with the players and as a result I don't think players respect the refs, it should be jersey numbers only.

Also if they call 'Corey' in our games half the team think they have to get back onside....

Oooh shit man, i have not laughed this hard at a thread in ages.
Some absolute burners in here.

The Public Precedent Challenge.

Like a previously scorned ex, if the refs make a decision that contradicts a precedent that previously went against their team, the fans of a club can request a PPC. The only caveat is that they need to be able to be able to recall the year and game (either Round X, Year X, or Vs X opponent, X year), within 15 seconds.

Once a team is eliminated from finals contention, fans are asked to nominate to coach the team for a week. The club will then draw a name randomly. Fans will only continue to coach the team if they win. If they lose another fan is drawn out for the following week. This idea will make sure that fans can back up, “I could do a better job than that mug.”

Ugh I hate this. Perfectly cooked idea, thanks for sharing.

I’d actually go the other way and say whoever scores has to kick their own conversion. Same with penalty goals;, it should be like free throws in the nba where the fouled player has to take the shot.
It’s actually not particularly controversial:

Once a team is eliminated from finals contention, fans are asked to nominate to coach the team for a week. The club will then draw a name randomly. Fans will only continue to coach the team if they win. If they lose another fan is drawn out for the following week. This idea will make sure that fans can back up, “I could do a better job than that mug.”

This is brilliant.

The Public Precedent Challenge.

Like a previously scorned ex, if the refs make a decision that contradicts a precedent that previously went against their team, the fans of a club can request a PPC. The only caveat is that they need to be able to be able to recall the year and game (either Round X, Year X, or Vs X opponent, X year), within 15 seconds.
Paging @Big Pete !!

Some really cooked ideas in here all, love it, keep it coming!!

If an attempt at a conversion bounces from one upright to the other, then hits the cross bar before going over the kicker gets an extra kick from in front for a further 2 points.

If an attempt at a conversion bounces from one upright to the other, then hits the cross bar before going over the kicker gets an extra kick from in front for a further 2 points.

Even better, there are flippers behind the goal posts. When a conversion is being attempted, the flippers are used like a pin-ball machine. If the defending team is able to whack the ball back through the goals, the conversion is unsuccessful. Even better, the posts are spring-loaded, so if they use the flippers to bounce the ball between the posts and the flippers, the team attempting the conversion loses a point for each rebound.

For inconclusive bunker challenges or try reviews, instead of "supporting the on field decision" each seat in the stadium should have 2 buttons, and the fans vote determines the decision.

It would be great for boosting attendance.

Any player who stays on the ground after a tackle / diving in the defensive line, they remain off the field for 20 minutes and go into the running for the loser of the year award.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • whykickamoocow
  • the_next
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • peter09
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fozz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Dash
  • The True King
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.