What is happening at the Broncos?

It wasn’t a shot at you or anyone, it is my opinion.

We have seen this before, Bennett likes to flog them in the preseason more than most coaches believing they will see the benefits through the season. Whether or not that is the best way is debatable.

As far as fundamentals, it’s round 1 and most teams are rusty. The Dragons always hit the ground running and then die in the arse, I would prefer not to do that personally. The Roosters lost to the Tigers and all round looked pretty unimpressive all round, should we believe that the tigers will have a better season than them now?

If they are so ‘flogged’ in the pre-season why do so many of them consistently look out of shape (by NRL standards) at the commencement of each season?

Why do we hear constantly that they have to ‘play’ themselves fit?

I'm pretty much at that station cause not much has changed in the key roles of the team, ie halves taking the game under control and kicking.

These guys are professional athletes. It's their job to train and play hard every week. Thursday night looked liked an under 12s performance. Harsh but I think fair.

Come tomorrow at training, their word for the day should be J O B!

The last time we got flogged in Round 1 was against the Rabbitohs in......2015.

It's hardly panic stations yet. if we get toweled up by the Cows, then you can start asking questions
I'll even cop a loss as long as they're competitive.

Have never tipped against the broncs in my life but am seriously considering it this week.

Totally agree. The OP is a complete over reaction...borderline hysterical.

Take out a bit of the Cameron Munster slickness and in general, the Storm were ordinary to.

We will see in due course whether I am borderline hysterical or seeing something that you are too blind to see. Thank you for the intelligent response whereby you put forward the reasons why there is no need to be concerned about their performance in round one.

We will see in due course whether I am borderline hysterical or seeing something that you are too blind to see. Thank you for the intelligent response whereby you put forward the reasons why there is no need to be concerned about their performance in round one.
He did put forward his reason though.... it's round one....
Of recent years, the 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2016 premiers lost in round 1. We lost in round 1 in 2006. We were smashed in 2015 by the Rabbitohs too. Judge the team on that performance by all means, but to write players and the teams entire 2018 season off is a bit over the top.
I'm sure he isn't blind to the problems, but is instead weighing up players past performances and their ability, on top of the fact Wayne Bennett has been in this situation before.
We don't have many friends in the media and it seems have used 1 game to justify their optimistic death-riding of our season. Is it less intelligent to be optimistic about your teams prospects and not judge them on 1 performance, or to blindly follow the opinions of media personailities who don't like the club when all the past evidence indicates that we won't have a terrible season?

whether I am borderline hysterical or seeing something that you are too blind to see
So, because you are more negative and are just regurgitating what the Sydney media has been saying you have a better insight into the game of rugby league then fourex? Are you going to come back and say "I told you so" if it comes true?

Of recent years, the 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2016 premiers lost in round 1. We lost in round 1 in 2006. We were smashed in 2015 by the Rabbitohs too. Judge the team on that performance by all means, but to write players and the teams entire 2018 season off is a bit over the top.
I'm sure he isn't blind to the problems, but is instead weighing up players past performances and their ability, on top of the fact Wayne Bennett has been in this situation before.
We don't have many friends in the media and it seems have used 1 game to justify their optimistic death-riding of our season. Is it less intelligent to be optimistic about your teams prospects and not judge them on 1 performance, or to blindly follow the opinions of media personailities who don't like the club when all the past evidence indicates that we won't have a terrible season?

But for a team that's notorious for struggling during and post origin, you'd think it'd be imperative to hit the season running and getting as many wins early in the season as possible. But it can all change next week and everything will be all sweet

But for a team that's notorious for struggling during and post origin, you'd think it'd be imperative to hit the season running and getting as many wins early in the season as possible. But it can all change next week and everything will be all sweet
What, like 2006?

So, because you are more negative and are just regurgitating what the Sydney media has been saying you have a better insight into the game of rugby league then fourex? Are you going to come back and say "I told you so" if it comes true?

You don't have to have too much insight to know a season isn't lost or won after R1.....

Go back and read my original post, then come back here and direct me with quotes if possible where I have written players and the teams entire 2018 season off if you could. You might also show me where I have death-rided our season.

I think your post is hyperbole at its finest and that you (and Fourex for that matter) are showing a distinct lack of comprehension. I think you will find that I was being more critical of the coaching, recruiting in the years from 2009 to 2015 and some criticism of the team's attitude in Round 1. If you think their attitude was spot on, and they went out there and competed to the best of their ability, good on you, but I think you are wrong. You obviously do not know me very well, I do not blindly follow anyone's opinion, nor do I give particular weight to the opinions from people like you.

Did you bother to read further in the thread where I have conceded it might be the result of a very disjointed off-season?

You don't have to have too much insight to know a season isn't lost or won after R1.....

Same response to you sir, where have I said that the season is lost after R1?

What, like 2006?

2006 had genuine leaders all over the park. Origin super stars, premiership winners and a future immortal. It was a different era and cannot be compared to our current squad. Does this squad have the ticker to be a grand final team? We shall see.

A couple of important differences between 2006 and 2018 squads, Shane Webcke, Petero Civoniceva, Tonie Carroll, D.Lockyer, J. Hodges, Shaun Berrigan, Karmichael Hunt, Brent Tate. I would be less concerned with our prospects if we had a similar squad to 2006 (we don't).

A couple of important differences between 2006 and 2018 squads, Shane Webcke, Petero Civoniceva, Tonie Carroll, D.Lockyer, J. Hodges, Shaun Berrigan, Karmichael Hunt, Brent Tate. I would be less concerned with our prospects if we had a similar squad to 2006 (we don't).

Don’t forget club legend and premiership winner Shane Perry

Haha I'm sorry I don't remember stating our current side was the equal to 2006. Can you quote it for me to ensure Im not in the early stages of dementia. I mentioned 2006 to highlight to you both that after 23 other games-the first round means nothing, if anything it's better to perform shit now and get all the crap sorted early rather then taper down towards the end of the season...
You do understand what hyperbole means right? You have started a thread called "what is happening at the broncos?" which strongly insinuates that we are at a terribly low point in our history-we finished 3rd last year, and 5th and 2nd the 2 years before! We have played one game this year haha they might be shit this year but there is no way I'm judging off 1 or even 2 or 3 games.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • cento
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  • Clintos
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • armchair
  • broncoscope
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • simplythebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bronx48
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.