What is happening at the Broncos?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Seems so basic and logical. It's been common practice since under 7s. When and why did this ever stop in the first place...

Not sure but our halves would benefit from it with some depth.

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
we are not paying 1 million for a center ...

the initial report was 750k (reported in a tweet).

not depending on the article, his contract is worth anywhere from 750k a season to 1.2 million
If he's not a centre, what is he? He's not a half because WB reckon Nik will finish the year in the 7 jersey, he's not a fullback because apparently Boyd is a quality fb. He's either a centre or lock by the sounds of it and I don't see him going into lock.
Reported in a tweet... Jesus

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If he's not a centre, what is he? He's not a half because WB reckon Nik will finish the year in the 7 jersey, he's not a fullback because apparently Boyd is a quality fb. He's either a centre or lock by the sounds of it and I don't see him going into lock.

the tweet was from a courier mail reporter, who then followed up by an article ...

by the sounds of things he was brought here to play lock, but with the Sharks fucking him around delaying his surgery until he was officially a Bronco, cost him not only an off season to prepare, but also the first few weeks of the season proper, which is why we have him playing in a position he is familiar with.

I can't wait to see him move to lock.

p.s. just because Wayne has said publiclly that Niko would see out the season in the 7, i wouldn't count on that being set in stone

Chewed

Chewed

QCup Player
Feb 1, 2017
I’m wondering whether the Boyd deal was to set his value high so that he could retire early due to injury and claim against player insurance. So basically an insurance scam.

They won't get insurance for his hamstrings, he's got to break his neck or get an injury that means he can never play again. Running around slow and shit isn't going help.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

He will be lock. Not sure it will be this year though

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
I’m wondering whether the Boyd deal was to set his value high so that he could retire early due to injury and claim against player insurance. So basically an insurance scam.
Thats exactly what I said the day he signed the contract.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Thats exactly what I said the day he signed the contract.
It can’t be a pre-existing injury.

It would have to be a career ending new injury for that to happen, and even then an insurance company isn’t just going to pay out 3 million dollars because he plays for the broncos.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
How's I was just reading an article on the Storm and their halfback issues. Bellyache isn't thrilled with how Croft is going (is the rumour) but has said that he will review last weeks footage before deciding whether he makes a change or not... With possibility Jacks getting a run. I understand Bennetts position on giving things time but I hope that he has a backup and that players that aren't performing at the moment know they are on notice. Maybe Wayne should come out and say that certain players need to get their shit together? I thought he pretty much did after the Titans clusterfuck but then backfliped and shot down any suggestions that some players were under pressure? Maybe he doesn't need to say anything because it's pretty obvious that things aren't going well?
Bellamy doesn't **** about and if I were a storm fan I would probably be happy to hear that the coach was sorting shit out.
Bennett has always been a hard arse and a hard marker but the way he is at the moment is reminiscent to the Hook era where we get the "well, we tried hard" kind of responses.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
How's I was just reading an article on the Storm and their halfback issues. Bellyache isn't thrilled with how Croft is going (is the rumour) but has said that he will review last weeks footage before deciding whether he makes a change or not... With possibility Jacks getting a run. I understand Bennetts position on giving things time but I hope that he has a backup and that players that aren't performing at the moment know they are on notice. Maybe Wayne should come out and say that certain players need to get their shit together? I thought he pretty much did after the Titans clusterfuck but then backfliped and shot down any suggestions that some players were under pressure? Maybe he doesn't need to say anything because it's pretty obvious that things aren't going well?
Bellamy doesn't **** about and if I were a storm fan I would probably be happy to hear that the coach was sorting shit out.
Bennett has always been a hard arse and a hard marker but the way he is at the moment is reminiscent to the Hook era where we get the "well, we tried hard" kind of responses.

Well apparently kodi and Milford are confidence players and if Wayne publicly slam them they'd be under the sheets in tears so it's best to coddle them.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017

It would have to be a career ending new injury for that to happen, and even then an insurance company isn’t just going to pay out 3 million dollars because he plays for the broncos.
Not even NRMA?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Thaiday is bigger than both Haas and Tagatese
Bullshit. Tagatese stands taller and if both are in peak physical condition, Taga is considerably bigger. I outweigh both.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Bullshit. Tagatese stands taller and if both are in peak physical condition, Taga is considerably bigger. I outweigh both.

Sam Thaiday is 115kg

Sam Tagateses is 108kg (actually not sure about Haas, the Broncos website has no info on him)

... now admittedly I'm not great at maths but i'm pretty sure 115kg is more than 108kg

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

That all depends on the insurance deal the Broncos have.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Well apparently kodi and Milford are confidence players and if Wayne publicly slam them they'd be under the sheets in tears so it's best to coddle them.

Publicly slamming them will just hurt their performance further, both in the short and long term. That's in nobody's best interests.

Last edited by a moderator:

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.