What is happening at the Broncos?

I'm wondering how much is being driven by Ikin and Kent is the attack dog.

Ikin attempts (poorly) to maintain the appearance of impartiality but last night he kept pushing the excuse that Brown
may have taken Bennets comments personally which prompted a personal response.
He tried hard to justify Browns comments

I can only imagine the shit storm that would follow if Bennett got in the gutter and said something like that.

Looks to me like someone has ordered Kent to have an attitude adjustment where Wayne is concerned.

Looks to me like someone has ordered Kent to have an attitude adjustment where Wayne is concerned.

In my opinion I don't think that's the case, I just think he was completely shocked that someone was taking him to task.

Kent was embarrassed by the whole horrified Benji thing last year when Bennett called him out publicly. Kent has always claimed that he and Bennett have a good relationship and respect for each other, yet all of a sudden Bennett publicly humiliated him and called him a liar, ever since then he hasn't been able to be impartial.

Further to that he has been able to push his agenda with no resistance due to the people that surround him. So whenever he makes a claim it is accepted because look who he has around him.

Ikin - Self explanatory.
Tallis - Even if he manages to stop drooling long enough to comprehend what Kent is saying, he is hardly one to be upset about false facts in regards to Bennett.
Anthony Maroon - He couldn't give a ****, just wants to talk about Souths and yell for no reason.
Any other collection of Triple M halfwits.

So this whole thing gathers steam. Every time he says something about Bennett that is unchecked subconsciously he start thinking it must be right because every one agrees. All of a sudden he is being taken to task, presented with the facts and he knows that he can't challenge it because the guy giving the serve not only has done his research but has a personal connection to it.

He was shellshocked, pure and simple.

In my opinion I don't think that's the case, I just think he was completely shocked that someone was taking him to task.

Kent was embarrassed by the whole horrified Benji thing last year when Bennett called him out publicly. Kent has always claimed that he and Bennett have a good relationship and respect for each other, yet all of a sudden Bennett publicly humiliated him and called him a liar, ever since then he hasn't been able to be impartial.

Further to that he has been able to push his agenda with no resistance due to the people that surround him. So whenever he makes a claim it is accepted because look who he has around him.

Ikin - Self explanatory.
Tallis - Even if he manages to stop drooling long enough to comprehend what Kent is saying, he is hardly one to be upset about false facts in regards to Bennett.
Anthony Maroon - He couldn't give a ****, just wants to talk about Souths and yell for no reason.
Any other collection of Triple M halfwits.

So this whole thing gathers steam. Every time he says something about Bennett that is unchecked subconsciously he start thinking it must be right because every one agrees. All of a sudden he is being taken to task, presented with the facts and he knows that he can't challenge it because the guy giving the serve not only has done his research but has a personal connection to it.

He was shellshocked, pure and simple.

And it was fucking great to watch someone shut him the **** up.

Don't worry lads, they'll have Rothfield back on tonight to right the ship. I watched on Monday night as well and when they spoke about it then, I was shocked to hear Phil say he thought it was in poor taste and my heart softened for the beetroot faced larrikin for a moment. Then he said....."there's plenty of other things he could have attacked Wayne over. Matt Lodge for example" What a ****.

Speaking of which, I think it was in the segment just prior to his spray but they were talking about the current Weighton situation and Lodge was brought up as an example of what the NRL has let back in to the game. Once again our hero stepped up and reminded them both that the Lodge situation all started 2yrs ago and he had to do a lot to be allowed back in the game.

Anyone watching Paul Crawley on NRL 360 putting Paul Kent firmly in his place about this agenda driven public perception about the state Wayne Bennett left Newcastle in?

Yeah and it was freaking brilliant!

I want to watch it again and again

He really fired up and put Kent in his place

Crawls for PM, or even better, CEO of the NRL :)

See his wry smile before he launched. He knew they wouldn't like it.

loud-noises-gif-15-1.gif

It had to be done.

Don't worry lads, they'll have Rothfield back on tonight to right the ship. I watched on Monday night as well and when they spoke about it then, I was shocked to hear Phil say he thought it was in poor taste and my heart softened for the beetroot faced larrikin for a moment. Then he said....."there's plenty of other things he could have attacked Wayne over. Matt Lodge for example" What a ****.

Speaking of which, I think it was in the segment just prior to his spray but they were talking about the current Weighton situation and Lodge was brought up as an example of what the NRL has let back in to the game. Once again our hero stepped up and reminded them both that the Lodge situation all started 2yrs ago and he had to do a lot to be allowed back in the game.

Well Newcastle tried to sign lodge last year aswell, so he had nothing on that one either.

The other video is no longer up.

And all I can say is, "MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!"

Headlining our least shocking news bulletin: Shameless morons with an axe to grind over Wayne Bennett suddenly find themselves with flexible standards when the low brow rot that is being said about him sits well with them, and I'm someone who wasn't THAT bothered by what Brown said. Wayne has already copped it up and down about his personal life, it's gotta be like water off a ducks back for him at this point, not that that makes it alright or appropriate of course.

You just gotta love these indignant mutts like Kent who ride their moral high horse all the way over the horizon when it comes to Matt Lodge getting a run 3 years after the incident, but when an NRL coach publicly brings the game into disrepute, it's crickets and butterflies.

You got a better reaction on here to what you got on LU. Realistically, you cannot compare the two scenarios. Bennett did sort of poke the bear as well. If he had of left it at Yes he is doing a good job. And then batted away the further questions or said it is not really my place to comment what he has or has not done well, it would have been all over. Do you really think the comments of Brown brought the game into disrepute? They were in poor taste, and inappropriate for a press conference, but I don't think they brought the game into disrepute.

I had that impression about a week ago or so, there seemed to be a marked and noticeable moderation in both of their comments about both Bennett and the Broncos.

I was watching the NRL360 show from Monday night last night and my darling wife was in the kitchen. The Rothfield segment was on, and she could not see it, she could only hear him blabbing on. She does not really follow league, but sits with me and watches the Broncos games and tolerates my addiction. Next minute, from the kitchen `Who is that .... (expletive deleted). What a moron he can't string a sentence together' ... `He is speaking a load of .....'. Astute judge that one.

We then watched the Crawley segment and she really likes him. Also she can't stand Kent or Ikin.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.