What is happening at the Broncos?

Just watched the Crawley piece - what an absolute fucking ripper of a legend this bloke is!

A breath of fresh air in the cesspool of rugby league journalists.

Ikin trying his best to get one back, but it looks like Kent gave up almost instantly, even a bit of back-pedalling. Crawley fucking nailed these two.

Have watched it a few times, it’s the best.

What I noticed in rewatching is how quickly Kent shuts down. As soon as Crawley addresses him about his comments on Triple M he looks down and starts just saying “yep” “yep” repeatedly. Barely ever makes eye contact with Crawley, completely caught out in a lie.

Have watched it a few times, it’s the best.

What I noticed in rewatching is how quickly Kent shuts down. As soon as Crawley addresses him about his comments on Triple M he looks down and starts just saying “yep” “yep” repeatedly. Barely ever makes eye contact with Crawley, completely caught out in a lie.
If you pause it at 5:02 you can see Kent thinking just shut up while your ahead

That effort by crawley was the best response i've heard on Bennet bashing. Brown talking about juniors (ever if he was flat out wrong) was one thing. He might even have a (misguided) swipe about player retention and the like. But that thing about bennet's personal life was crass and juvenial.
For all gould's flaws, Ive never seen him attack someone on a personal level and it speaks to his betterment. The reverse is true of brown. He's still, like a few other people who've never seen life outside the NRL bubble, in a teenage time warp, where the things you say and think at 15 go round and round, without influence of the wider world.
that said, I respect what he has done at the knights so far. Coaching is a long game, and I wonder how he will feel about some of the things has said and done, when he reaches a fraction of the nearly 800 games bennet has coached. Hopefully experience will bring wisdom.

Slander

Last edited by a moderator:
That effort by crawley was the best response i've heard on Bennet bashing. Brown talking about juniors (ever if he was flat out wrong) was one thing. He might even have a (misguided) swipe about player retention and the like. But that thing about bennet's personal life was crass and juvenial.
For all gould's flaws, Ive never seen him attack someone on a personal level and it speaks to his betterment. The reverse is true of brown. He's still, like a few other people who've never seen life outside the NRL bubble, in a teenage time warp, where the things you say and think at 15 go round and round, without influence of the wider world.
that said, I respect what he has done at the knights so far. Coaching is a long game, and I wonder how he will feel about some of the things has said and done, when he reaches a fraction of the nearly 800 games bennet has coached. Hopefully experience will bring wisdom.

I have respect for Brown's coaching and what he has achieved so far at Newcastle, but I have no respect for him as a man. You never say what he said about someone's personal life and not immediately regret it if you are a decent person.

I have respect for Brown's coaching and what he has achieved so far at Newcastle, but I have no respect for him as a man. You never say what he said about someone's personal life and not immediately regret it if you are a decent person.

Absolutely and utterly disagree 100%. Just because you would feel regret for saying something like that, doesn't make you a better person than someone who didn't feel regret.

Going on your theory. The next day he apologised, so where does your moral compass have him situated now?

Absolutely and utterly disagree 100%. Just because you would feel regret for saying something like that, doesn't make you a better person than someone who didn't feel regret.

Going on your theory. The next day he apologised, so where does your moral compass have him situated now?

I don't understand the first bit. If you think that is cool then you are a shit person in my opinion, you disagree and that's cool, not sure what else to say.

I'm not sure why you are so fired up about this. My moral compass? I just think it is a shit thing to say.

In my opinion it was premeditated and I think he thought it would be funny, it wasn't so he apologised. Well done Nathan Brown, great coach, better human.

I genuinely think Brown just had a bit of red mist and regretted it immediately. It happens. It was a low act but we've all said things we regret before, doesn't make us bad people. The fact he called Wayne and Ikin (no idea on that one) the next day shows you it was a heat of the moment thing.

I don't understand the first bit. If you think that is cool then you are a shit person in my opinion, you disagree and that's cool, not sure what else to say.

I'm not sure why you are so fired up about this. My moral compass? I just think it is a shit thing to say.

In my opinion it was premeditated and I think he thought it would be funny, it wasn't so he apologised. Well done Nathan Brown, great coach, better human.

Fired up? In what way?

I'm just saying, just because you think something isn't funny, doesn't make you a better person. Your post wreaks of sitting atop a very high horse, and I'm not sure that's any better than having a quick dig at someone.

I thought it was unwarranted, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I think it was a good whack and was pretty funny. So yeah, in the eyes of you, I'm a shit person. Which is fine, I've noticed online that it's quite hard to get an SJW to crack a smile since most joke are offensive to someone.

Fired up? In what way?

I'm just saying, just because you think something isn't funny, doesn't make you a better person. Your post wreaks of sitting atop a very high horse, and I'm not sure that's any better than having a quick dig at someone.

I thought it was unwarranted, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I think it was a good whack and was pretty funny. So yeah, in the eyes of you, I'm a shit person. Which is fine, I've noticed online that it's quite hard to get an SJW to crack a smile since most joke are offensive to someone.

SJW? That's not what I'm doing. Anyway whatever mate.

SJW? That's not what I'm doing. Anyway whatever mate.

Nice change then. So if that's not what it is, you're just going to say you're better than other people then. Welcome to the shit club mate.

I don't suffer any deference for Bennett. He is very highly paid but doesn't look like bringing home a premiership anytime soon. He has failed! This being so I feel a little for Bennetts ex-wife but otherwise loved it. Good job Brown! Time Bennett was taken down a few steps and Brown certainly did that. I don't think Bennett will ever again publicly criticize another coach. And given the state of the Broncos, he shouldn't!

I don't suffer any deference for Bennett. He is very highly paid but doesn't look like bringing home a premiership anytime soon. He has failed! This being so I feel a little for Bennetts ex-wife but otherwise loved it. Good job Brown! Time Bennett was taken down a few steps and Brown certainly did that. I don't think Bennett will ever again publicly criticize another coach. And given the state of the Broncos, he shouldn't!

I don't get this blow up about the family excuse people are using to make out that this is the most awful thing anyone has ever said in a presser.

- His ex might have been reminded that her husband left her. I'm sure she remembers.
- His new missus might have been reminded that her boyfriend left his wife to be with her. I'm sure she also remembers that he's still technically a married man.

Nice change then. So if that's not what it is, you're just going to say you're better than other people then. Welcome to the shit club mate.

When did I say I was better than anyone?

I've noticed online that it's quite hard to get an SJW to crack a smile since most joke are offensive to someone.
Since joining this forum, I've found myself really having to brush up on my online / offline acronyms.
What an educational joint this is.
FWIW, IMHO and IIRC. NVM, G2G, Broncos FTW OFC.
YOLO.

I don't think he did apoligise

Every story i have read/heard has him ringing WB and Ikin to make sure his family is OK

Nothing about actually apologizing for what he said, and in at least one piece actually stated that he wasn't backing away from what he said

He's not sorry for what he said because he believes it to be true, but he just hopes the innocent family members are not hurt

Since joining this forum, I've found myself really having to brush up on my online / offline acronyms.
What an educational joint this is.
FWIW, IMHO and IIRC. NVM, G2G, Broncos FTW OFC.
YOLO.

What's Broncos mean? :pokeytongue:

I don't think he did apoligise

Every story i have read/heard has him ringing WB and Ikin to make sure his family is OK

Nothing about actually apologizing for what he said, and in at least one piece actually stated that he wasn't backing away from what he said

He's not sorry for what he said because he believes it to be true, but he just hopes the innocent family members are not hurt

I stand corrected. I quickly read something on Reddit about it. Most of the shit people on Reddit agreed that he shouldn't apologise.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Big Del
  • HarryAllan7
  • ChewThePhatt
  • davidp
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.