What is happening at the Broncos?

I haven't seen a single poster defend WB by writing he is without fault. No poster has stated he hasn't made mistakes. What we won't stand idly by for and allow is the idiotic notion that he has achieved his success solely on the back of elite players.

That claim was totally destroyed after his fantastic achievement at St George, taking an nrl average team to two minor premierships and winning a grand final. This single achievement, not accomplished by any St George team in the previous 31 years put that spurious claim in the shithouse where it belonged.

The WB deathriders amongst you make some valid claims about his perceived shortcomings but you also talk some absolute shit with it in feeble attempts to mask your outright and pathetic jealousy.

giphy.gif

My post was pure sarcasm aimed at his depiction of a group of people.
I didn't see your post condemning his original swipe though. I must have missed it...

My post was pure sarcasm aimed at his depiction of a group of people.
I didn't see your post condemning his original swipe though. I must have missed it...

I didn’t see his post but to be honest I probably wouldn’t have said anything because he isn’t one of the people on here that should be making sure people don’t make those sort of posts.

I didn’t see his post but to be honest I probably wouldn’t have said anything because he isn’t one of the people on here that should be making sure people don’t make those sort of posts.
That original post (liked and quoted by a few other members btw) was quoted in the post you replied to. That's quite selective reading...

Are you saying staff should make sure people don't make sarcastic posts in reply to others?

1 thing I would say if we did sign Bellamy is that all our players would be 5 to 10kg lighter. He loves his fitness and player general well being.

How are we arguing if Broncos are better off without Bennett.

Wanting to get Bennett sacked is the knee-jerk dumb-ass kind of commentary you'd see on Facebook. The position of wanting to ditch Bennett does not take into consideration his history of results, and the realities of one of the most competitive leagues in the WORLD.

Being head coach of Broncos does NOT guarantee success, and what was well proven between 09-14. You want a fairy tale team that wins the competition every other year, and you think some magic coach is going to do that for you. Dream on.

Imagine what we could do with a city that supports its team through thick or thin and doesn’t death ride its coach. You forget what it was like the last time he left under similar malaise.

Or you know we could have a second club in Brisbane. Then it’ll get even harder ...

Imagine what we could do with a city that supports its team through thick or thin and doesn’t death ride its coach. You forget what it was like the last time he left under similar malaise.

Or you know we could have a second club in Brisbane. Then it’ll get even harder ...

Those people you speak of are still supporting the team.

Where did someone death ride or advocate for Bennett's sacking?

Again, no one is death riding Bennett. It's a big difference between criticising certain aspects which need improvement, and wanting him out.

It's almost like you're not a good Broncos fan if you don't revere Wayne Bennett...

I can see Bellamy, assuming we sign him, walking into a Broncos pack of: 8. Lodge/ Haas, 9. Macca, 10. McGuire/ TPJ, 11. Sua/ Fifita/ Glenn, 12. Gillet, 13. TPJ/ McGuire, 15. Joffa, 16. Carrigan, 17. Haas/ Fifita/ Flegler. Imagine how good that pack will be in 1-2 years time. Will Wayne get credit for bringing all those blokes successfully into FG? Even if we lose Su'a or Haas to ridiculous offers, we still have an amazing crop of forwards who all have come out and praised Wayne and his coaching.

I personally hate were the Broncos are going.

1. Way too many Blues in our squad. Lodge, Bird, Roberts etc. If you watch their instagrams you'll notice that its the NSW blues that tend to hang out together outside, which gives me concerns about the playing group.

2. Our inability to hold onto players. Hunt, Essesee, Arrow, Wallace.

Combine the two and we're starting to move away from the Broncos of old were we kept hold of our young QLD talent and won permierships on the back off it.

call me stupid, but it just makes me uneasy.

Please. Trotting out the same worn out garbage about Bennett’s Dragons being an average squad is about as valid as the argument people try to make about Bennett’s record at the Knights proving he cannot coach. Before Bennett arrived at the Dragons, they were perennial underachievers. Anyone who follows League knows that.

Now before you go off on a rant using big words to try and make me feel inadequate because I dare to disagree with you; yes, Bennett got the best out of them, but he simply did not come along like some sort of Messiah and turn park footballers into NRL heavyweights like your comment would have people believe.

If you want to be completely unbiased and talk about a coach achieving success with a team of relative no names (and it pains me to say it), Tim Sheens and the 2005 Tigers is the best example of that. Certainly not Bennett and the 2010 Dragons.
You do know what average means don't you ? Here's some really teeny words to help. You have sixteen teams in the nrl top leve,. Some are good , some are average, some not so good. Okay so far ? Average would be the ones around the middle. So, a team that was good one week, bad the next and in the middle at other times would be average. They might have players who were good, players that weren't good and players in the middle, average players.

Now you know what average means.

Let's move on to what average doesn't mean, shall we ? It doesn't mean 'perennial underachievers' nor 'park footballers into nrl heavyweights'. You see, the words I used were actually the words I intended to use because they adequately described my thoughts. Had I wanted you to think of WB as a wizard I'd have used 'turned a sow's ear into a silk purse'. Average means average. Why the strawman ?

Didn't you know, the success of that St George team was all down to Brown's coaching. Bennett just walked into a premiership team in waiting.
Yes, they'd been in waiting for 31 years. Good call. Brown's success (53% win rate lol) was all due to the sterling work of Farrar before him. Revisionist history, 101. Brown had 5 years with this premiership team in waiting achieving definitive mediocrity. Funny thing is, he was punted, go figure. You'd think 53% would have been enough !

Yes, they'd been in waiting for 31 years. Good call. Brown's success (53% win rate lol) was all due to the sterling work of Farrar before him. Revisionist history, 101. Brown had 5 years with this premiership team in waiting achieving definitive mediocrity. Funny thing is, he was punted, go figure. You'd think 53% would have been enough !
Just clarifying that my statement was purely with a tongue planted firmly in cheek.

And proved that the bitch slapping school of coaching needed further development work. Although there is hardly a character more deserving of a bitch slapping than Trent.

You do know what average means don't you ? Here's some really teeny words to help. You have sixteen teams in the nrl top leve,. Some are good , some are average, some not so good. Okay so far ? Average would be the ones around the middle. So, a team that was good one week, bad the next and in the middle at other times would be average. They might have players who were good, players that weren't good and players in the middle, average players.

Now you know what average means.

Let's move on to what average doesn't mean, shall we ? It doesn't mean 'perennial underachievers' nor 'park footballers into nrl heavyweights'. You see, the words I used were actually the words I intended to use because they adequately described my thoughts. Had I wanted you to think of WB as a wizard I'd have used 'turned a sow's ear into a silk purse'. Average means average. Why the strawman ?
If you’re nothing else, you’re damn predictable.

In my short time on here I have observed that your go to move is to focus intently on one finite part of someone’s comment and proceed to ramble on by defining words and pointing out how you’ve used the exact words, as defined, that you meant to use.

So; I’ve said what I wanted to say, you’ve said what you wanted.
You’ve enlightened me, like so many lucky others on here, via your condescending and pretentious lesson in English at the same time as adding bugger all to the conversation. Seriously, all that text and no actual substance - absolute froth and bubbles.

Straw man? Sure, whatever works for you!

Last edited:

Wanting to get Bennett sacked is the knee-jerk dumb-ass kind of commentary you'd see on Facebook. The position of wanting to ditch Bennett does not take into consideration his history of results, and the realities of one of the most competitive leagues in the WORLD.

Being head coach of Broncos does NOT guarantee success, and what was well proven between 09-14. You want a fairy tale team that wins the competition every other year, and you think some magic coach is going to do that for you. Dream on.
This is spot on.

I honestly laugh when i hear or read people suggesting Bennett isn't the greatest coach of all time, but the laughs stop and i shake my head when i hear or read these suggestions from Broncos fans. Shame on you.

Bennett isn't perfect but Gods sake, the amount of success us supporters have received from SIX premierships is ALL thanks to Wayne Bennett. Imagine if Paul Morgan never chased as hard as he did for Waynes signature? Could you honestly say another coach would of brought as much success to the Broncos? I highly doubt it.

It's because of Bennett we have the extremely high standards we do. We aren't used to not winning premierships but we are kind of getting there now, it's been 12 years and counting, the pressures on and we expect success, but it's never that easy.

Bennett isn't without fault but to the Bennett haters - give credit where it's due. You say you support the Broncos, well Wayne Bennett is the man who made us and the lack of respect he receives from our VERY OWN SUPPORTERS is disgraceful. Yes, we are ALL frustrated at the moment, we aren't playing too well, but anything can happen. Who honestly thought we'd win the premiership in 2006? I certainly didn't. Towards the end of that season, it clicked and we won. I'm not saying that'll happen this season but my point is - anything's possible. Keep the faith.

Btw - Is Bennett better than Bellamy? Absolutely but Bellamy is a damn good coach.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
  • Matheos
  • GCBRONCO
  • bb_gun
  • BroncosAlways
  • Morkel
  • Culhwch
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • leon.bott
  • ezpz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Xzei
  • kiwibronco
  • Jazza
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.