What is the strongest team the Broncos can field in 2014 and 2015?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
No, he's impressing this off-season and taking his chance training wise. Just found it interesting so many people were so confident over a Queensland Cup player that few had watched when normally you wouldn't get that. Players in the same situation like Reed and Gillett would not of got a single mention before debut and certainly wouldn't of been in people's teams.

Strasser's three best games last year were against Wynnum, Comets and Sunny Coast. His running game is his strength, his passing and kicking are being worked on.

At this stage of the pre-season, who would you say is leading the race for the 6 jersey? (I know both will probably get a chance in the trial games, but I'm just curious if there's a clear favourite at the moment)

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
At this stage of the pre-season, who would you say is leading the race for the 6 jersey? (I know both will probably get a chance in the trial games, but I'm just curious if there's a clear favourite at the moment)

Kahu. He's running at 6 everyday.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
But is he passing at 6? And kicking at 6?

I really can't see him doing a lot of kicking, even if he's worked all off-season at it, we're going to have to pray that Hunt & McCullough have been working their asses off in the off-season to improve their kicking game.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Remember he came from a rugby union background, so he had to have a long kicking game off both feet.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012

Strasser. Doesn't matter what Griffin is doing, he'll get punted within the first 10 games.

New coach will immediately say "Strasser is proven half, we'll go with him". Strasser will play the remainder of the year, Brisbane will make the semi's an lose in the second last week.

Brisbane's 2015 halves will be Strasser and Milford.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Strasser will then spend the next ten years taking Queensland to 18 straight, will captain the Australian team, win the Dally M, cure cancer, change a tire and win Dancing with the Stars all in that order.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Strasser will then spend the next ten years taking Queensland to 18 straight, will captain the Australian team, win the Dally M, cure cancer, change a tire and win Dancing with the Stars all in that order.

Not as impressive as Ben Hunt, who will also help achieve world peace.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
How I see our strongest line up this year

1: Ben Barba (Supremely talented fullback who provides the speed and X-Factor we lacked last year)
2: Josh Hoffman (Gun winger who easily plays his best football on the wing)
3: Jack Reed (Gritty and tough centre capable of showing skill at times)
4: Justin Hodges (One of the best centres in the game when 100% fit)
5: Jharal Yow Yeh (A player with a heart of gold trying his heart out but I doubt he will play at his 2011 level)
6: Strasser/Kahu (Unknown getting his first crack at NRL level)
7: Ben Hunt (Finally playing his best position after 6 years of waiting, be interesting to see how he handles a full year)
8: Ben Hannannt (Very good prop on his day)
9: Andrew McCullogh (Gritty defensive player who plays close to the ruck, capable of throwing an effective short pass)
10: Josh McGuire (Damaging ball runner with a confident attitude)
11: Matt Gillett (Very good ball playing player but struggles in defence)
12: Sam Thiaday (Easily plays at his best in the second row)
13: Corey Parker (Legend player and one of the best locks in the game)

14: Martin Kennedy (A bit of a media-myth imo)
15: Alex Glenn (Handy bench player can fill in at centre and second row)
16: David Hala (Can be good if used properly, would be a weapon against tiring defence)
17: Jake Granville (Impressed me in his brief display last year, would be good in 15-20 minute spurts)

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, that looks about right, at least to start with. But there will still question marks over Yow Yeh, Reed will have to keep fighting for his spot with all the signings, and Gillett, Glenn and Thaiday are all pretty interchangeable, as they all had some big faults last year.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Will be very interesting to see what side we will field next year.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I am utterly convinced after watching that performance that this team will fall apart in the off season, long before Bennett even arrives. I fully expect to see Hunt and McG leave for other clubs.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I am utterly convinced after watching that performance that this team will fall apart in the off season, long before Bennett even arrives. I fully expect to see Hunt and McG leave for other clubs.

I reckon Hunt will stay. Bennett tried to lure him last year to the knights and is known to be a fan of his work ethic. He will be rewarded nicely with a good upgrade and lets face it, the fact that he is still in our colour shows loyalty when for 100 games he was a backup hooker. McGuire on the other hand may find it tough under Bennett's front rower policy and not wanting to over pay for front rowers. I would hate to lose him but if McGuire wants to play for us for the rest of his career he might have to take a bit less than what he can get elsewhere to fit in.

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Volvo Driver
  • Scorchie
  • Brocko
  • Organix
  • rnabokov
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • bert_lifts
  • leon.bott
  • Bronx48
  • Wolfie
  • RodF
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BruiserMk1
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
... and 41 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.