What Role Should Adam Blair Play In The Team?

Excellent, very happy to see that article. Especially when thexcriticism comes from such a legend as Webcke, if that doesn't fire Blair up nothing will.

And that's the beauty of having WB back in charge, no backslapping saying 'she'll be right next week mate'

It's "pick your game up or you're out of the side" ... exactly what some players need to be told.

I'd expect Blair to have a pretty big game this friday night now.

I agree entirely.

Some players need a rocket occasionally. Blair went well in Melbourne with Bellamy and I think Bennett might do a similar job with him too...

I agree entirely.

Some players need a rocket occasionally. Blair went well in Melbourne with Bellamy and I think Bennett might do a similar job with him too...

That makes a fair bit of sense. Bellamy always looks like he's seconds away from either a triple homicide or a massive coronary and certainly doesn't let his players slack off, while the Tigers' coach/es were probably too busy trying to deal with club infighting and Robbie "better than Cam Smith" Farrah to pay any attention to Blair.

I have tried to avoid as much as possible the internecine warfare between the pro and anti Bennett crews, but it is nice to see this being reported. I don't know how many times in the last couple of years I have felt frustrated with either team selections, tactics and seeing faults as clear as day that either weren't being seen by the coaching staff or were not being acknowledged. If they were seen and unacknowledged, nothing seemed to be being done to address the issues. Classic example was the continual selection of Hoffman in the halves.

So for me, this is refreshing that the coaching staff have seen the issue with Blair's role in attack, he has been called out on it so we know that both they are aware of the issue and something is being done about it. The final proof will be that if there is not an improvement that he is dropped either to the Bench or completely. But from my perspective it is a step in the right direction.

Bennet is saying all the right things. If he can achieve half of it we will be a very good team.

not to be a downer, but wasn't that just Webcke quoted as saying Blair needs to give more or risks being dropped ... not an actual member of the coaching staff

not to be a downer, but wasn't that just Webcke quoted as saying Blair needs to give more or risks being dropped ... not an actual member of the coaching staff

“Defensively Adam has been good for us, but we are looking for a bit more out of him with his attack,” Broncos assistant coach Kevin Walters said.“We have raised it with Adam and he is aware of our thoughts.
“Adam is an experienced player, he’s played Test football, but like any player who comes to a new club, it can be hard to find your feet.
“Adam is still trying to fit in at the club. He has been a huge asset for us with his defensive work, but he has a good ‘spin’ on him in attack, so hopefully he can get his hands on the ball a bit more.”

I don't know mate, unless Kevvie Walters is no longer on our coaching staff?

I don't know mate, unless Kevvie Walters is no longer on our coaching staff?[/FONT][/COLOR]

This wasn't meant to be a dig at Bennett, i missed the part where Walters was quoted

This wasn't meant to be a dig at Bennett, i missed the part where Walters was quoted

I never claimed it was a dig at bennett... Just pointing out that kevvie was quoted?!?

I am just glad that If and when there is an issue, it appears at least that people are calling others out on it. If Kevy is saying something it means that this likely comes from Wayne. If Wayne is in the media himself saying then Adam needs to be really worried about his spot. Right now it's a kick in the butt. Would not surprise me if Shane got a call from Wayne with a request to nudge also. I like what Adam brings in defence, now we can hopefully see this aggression brought into his attack. I hope you do it Adam show them Cowboys what you got.

Bennet is saying all the right things. If he can achieve half of it we will be a very good team.

Bennett speaking the truth is already a massive improvement on Griffin. Bennett isn't sugercoating anything and saying things directly as it is when Griffin on the other hand would say something along the lines of 'Blair is a good bloke and I know he is trying hard, he will come good'.

I'm expecting close to 200 metres from Blair on Friday now

My take on Adam Blair;

He has been making plenty of tackles and doing well blocking the middle of the field but his work with the ball hasn't been acceptable and he should be making a lot more. I wasn't expecting to much from him as I was very critical of his signing but he has gone a little bit better than what I expected.

I'm sure most coaches do it, but I remember some neville that played for Melbourne, might've been Norrie saying Bellamy would say to them, right I want 15 hitups 30 tackles each game.

Would leave the forwards under no illusions as to what is expected of them workload wise.

Bennett speaking the truth is already a massive improvement on Griffin. Bennett isn't sugercoating anything and saying things directly as it is when Griffin on the other hand would say something along the lines of 'Blair is a good bloke and I know he is trying hard, he will come good'.

Not to mention, 'what's that? Oh you know. We just need to get in the grind.'

He must have said that in excess of 50 times in response to questions about how we could improve. It was and remains ridiculous.

Not that we'd have signed Blair if Hook was still here (he already had the perfect squad)...

Don't forget the Hook Classic:

"The effort was there... "

Wayne's candour and constructive criticism has been a breath of fresh air. Both for the definite under performers and those who just need that kick to reach the next level.

Here's hoping the players in question rise to the occasion.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • TimWhatley
  • Tim K
  • Alec
  • FACTHUNT
  • Kev_Guz
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skyblues87
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Galco
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • lynx000
  • RolledOates
  • Battler
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.