Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021...er...2025

Did my eyes deceive me, or did our winger just STAY ON HIS WING!!!

We should use our money to lobby to remove the salary cap, Thats the only way I see out of this mess really.

Then we can Raid Storm and Roosters.

We should use our money to lobby to remove the salary cap, Thats the only way I see out of this mess really.

Then we can Raid Storm and Roosters.

Wouldn’t matter, this coach still wouldn’t know what to do with them

Nicho Hynes
Paul Momirvski
Alex Johnston
Kai O'Donnell
Max King
Christian Welch

All off contract, and all from good systems. Good honest players and would give good depth to the roster. I don't know who we can get rid of and still make buying players financially viable. I let you lot tell me that.

Nicho Hynes
Paul Momirvski
Alex Johnston
Kai O'Donnell
Max King
Christian Welch

All off contract, and all from good systems. Good honest players and would give good depth to the roster. I don't know who we can get rid of and still make buying players financially viable. I let you lot tell me that.

Paul Momirovski is from the Tigers system ... hardly a good system
Max King is from the Titans ... lol, only been in the storm for a short period
Alex Johnston is from the Rabbitohs who are going backwards
I get the feeling that Christian Welch is another of those forwards that does well at Melbourne, but will suck the second he leaves

I get the feeling that Christian Welch is another of those forwards that does well at Melbourne, but will suck the second he leaves

I like what Welch would bring off the field as much as on it. He would go no worse that Joffa

Nicho Hynes
Paul Momirvski
Alex Johnston
Kai O'Donnell
Max King
Christian Welch

I'd take Hynes on a budget contract absolutely. Alex Johnston if he wants to play wing only, I would take him at 300k. The rest I wouldn't take at minimum wage.

A player coming from a "good" system it doesn't matter, we got croft from that same system and he isn't anything special.

We have good players, we need a new coach.
Correction. We need a coach - with a plan and an idea on how the interchange bench system works and how to use it to the team's best advantage.

I like what Welch would bring off the field as much as on it. He would go no worse that Joffa
and cost you just as much if not more... do you really want Welch on $600k for 3-4yrs, because he isn't coming for $300k

There are kids coming through at the club who can lead the club into the future but they need some stop gaps for two-three years until they are ready. Plus a star PERFORMING playmaker would be gold.

1. Drinkwater? / Someone mature (2 year contract) Walsh / Niu being groomed
3. Opacic
6. ?? / Milford (on a FAR reduced contract IF he is committed)
9. Grant (go all in on the kid, look at Wests without him already, he is THAT good)
10. ?? / Lui?
12. Guerra

I still feel like I’m living in the bizarro world. Only a few months ago I thought we had one of the best young packs in recent history. Now We are in the market for props. WTF!😢

I still feel like I’m living in the bizarro world. Only a few months ago I thought we had one of the best young packs in recent history. Now We are in the market for props. WTF!😢

That was all media hype and I think a lot of us fell for it too. It can be a strong pack, but just lacks a lot of experience to be the best. Some players like Ofa seem to be turning out to be a bit of a dud, others are leaving, so I don't think even the media is going to hype this up as much anymore. Once guys like Carrigan, Haas, Flegler and hopefully Bullemor and co get another couple of seasons under their belt (hopefully with a coach who can rotate them well), they might start living up to the hype more. Provided no one else important leaves.

Last edited:
So negative, all the teams you listed are doing better than Brisbane are.
Hynes, Momirovski (btw is at the Storm) both good young backs. Johnston is a try scoring machine and brings the ball back well and Welch is just the type of forward we need to compliment the others, low on errors, rolls the sleeves up, and is a good defender.

Brisbane need to stop thinking they need a team of superstars, we have the spark, a few X factors, we just need some solid consistent players around them.
We have the makings of a good spine, they are young, given opportunity and time they will improve. It's the players around them that need to pull their weight. Some of our current crop with so much potential and that can be good need to stop reading it and believing it, they need to go out and show it week after week.

And I took it that the coach going is a given.

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.