Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021...er...2025

He's right - have faith. We need to show our support. We got the spoon not only because we were this years worst but to enable us to stir the pot to make things right for next year. I've no doubt an overdue lesson has been learned and those responsible will now leave no stone unturned to return us to our rightful place. 1 million supporters are watching every move.

I didn’t see The Pearl miss any tackles or drop any balls this season, yet here he is making a public apology, as if he feels somehow compelled to.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we got the same from the current mob of entitled wankers running around the club, from the top down.

Alas, all we got was a gender reveal and a raucous celebration like season 2020, and its long list of embarrassments and unwanted records, had already been forgotten.

Smacks of an enormous cultural problem with this club and unless it can be fixed pronto, we should expect more of the same for quite a while.

When nobody at the top has any balls to drag this playing group over the fire, it's up to the fans to do it for them, hence the jersey chucked at the door earlier in the year and the spoons scattered on the field yesterday. There is very, very little to be optimistic about as a Broncos supporter at the moment. It is a car wreck.

I wish someone in the know could expand on the clique rumours around this club that captain Alex Glenn has allegedly created or led. We definitely look like a bunch of blokes who don’t like each other playing together.

Also regarding our Kiwi players. I believe targeting kiwis was an active attempt to get around our Origin form slumps. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that as soon as that was made obvious the NRL and its fans started calling for a rep weekend. It was a good idea at the time but there’s no doubt in my mind the NRL has been implementing rules over the last 30 years to hinder us specifically.

Could you list them please

Well since you asked, here is how I would rate the 16 starting hookers:

1. Smith
2. Hodgson
3. Cook
4. Grant
5. Korisau
6. McInness
7. Mahoney
8. Friend
9. Brayley
10. Brayley
11. Turpin
12. Robson
13. Rein
14. Marshall-King
15. Levi
16. Egan

I wonder if Turpin might actually be a little too high even.

1. Smith
2. Hodgson
3. Cook
4. Grant
5. Korisau
6. McInness
7. Mahoney
8. Friend
9. Brayley
10. Brayley
11. Turpin
12. Robson
13. Rein
14. Marshall-King
15. Levi
16. Egan

This just pure bait at this point. Don’t think it sets a good example for staff to be baiting forum members

Last edited:

1. Smith
2. Hodgson
3. Cook
4. Grant
5. Korisau
6. McInness
7. Mahoney
8. Friend
9. Brayley
10. Brayley
11. Turpin
12. Robson
13. Rein
14. Marshall-King
15. Levi
16. Egan

Only change I'd make is swapping Jayden Brailey and Robson, might even put Rein above Jayden. Think the rest of this list is spot on.

1. Smith
2. Hodgson
3. Cook
4. Grant
5. Korisau
6. McInness
7. Mahoney
8. Friend
9. Brayley
10. Brayley
11. Turpin
12. Robson
13. Rein
14. Marshall-King
15. Levi
16. Egan

I'll take the bait. Num num num. (TBurp)

Nice list. But then, what else can one expect?

I agree with you. I'd swap Rein for Turps, on the list that is. I assume Macca's absence is explained by his injury.

As for Turps, if he adds a good, consistent running game where he both takes on the line a lot more and selects his passes, I'd give him a 6 or 7 on that list. Having said that, as posted above, I think he will get a lot better next year, provided he runs. Run Turps, run.

Hodgson was pure trash this season, it's no coincidence the Raiders haven't missed a beat and arguably look better since his injury. I wouldn't even put him in my top 5, he's cooked.

Hodgson was pure trash this season, it's no coincidence the Raiders haven't missed a beat and arguably look better since his injury. I wouldn't even put him in my top 5, he's cooked.

I actually agree but I want to see how he goes next year before writing him off, he is at 2 based on previous seasons.

Turpin does have a PO for next year. If you're the Broncos you'd have to stick with him for now because there isn't a whole lot on offer but at the same time you wouldn't make any long term commitments. There isn't much improvement left in his game, what you're seeing is what you're going to get and we've seen what happens when he isn't able to play to the best of his ability.

Credit where it's due, he took his chance when it came to him and was a match winner in 2019. However that only buys you so much cache in this sport, especially coming off a wooden spoon year.

I'm not sold on their long term option either in Paix. He clearly looked like a halfback playing out of position which just made things so much harder for the Broncos.

1. Smith
2. Hodgson
3. Cook
4. Grant
5. Korisau
6. McInness
7. Mahoney
8. Friend
9. Brayley
10. Brayley
11. Turpin
12. Robson
13. Rein
14. Marshall-King
15. Levi
16. Egan

I think you’ve got 9 and 10 arse about.

To be honest, we’re going to have to turn things around with the men we have,”
“The squad we have now is what we will have next year.
There’s not a lot of money in the kitty so the current group have to all lift to get the job done.
Lockyer quoted by Meyn in a CM article up now.

Lockyer quoted by Meyn in a CM article up now.

Oh FFS Lockyer, where does all the money go!! Fifita, Boyd, Kahu etc etc, there must be a fair bit of coin left from them surely. Who the **** is the accountant at this club! The shit Locky speaks, seriously, if he wasn't a champion footy player god knows what he would have been doing for a job.

Maybe if you, Locky, and your fellow peanuts in recruitment and on the board didn't shell out 1 million per season for muppets like Milford we might be in much better shape salary cap wise!

I mean seriously, let's say half a mill saved from Boyd, the 700k we set aside for Fifita, and 300k from Kahu, isn't that well over a million we should have. I know we probably have to upgrade a few of the young blokes, but christ almighty what are we paying the rest of these dipshits.

You couldn't make this shit up.

Last edited:
Oh FFS Lockyer, where does all the money go!! Fifita, Boyd, Kahu etc etc, there must be a fair bit of coin left from them surely. Who the **** is the accountant at this club! The shit Locky speaks, seriously, if he wasn't a champion footy player god knows what he would have been doing for a job.
If we are losing a bunch of players and have no money for next year, doesn't that mean we are over the cap this year?

Active Now

• Alec
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.