Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

You think that Ikin would be laughing along at his own expense?
I dont really know what you are suggesting, but it is typically the Australian way to joke at your own expense.

Ikin often does when talking about his football career... as does Kevvie when he talks about being unable to tackle despite being one of the most successful 5/8 of all time... they often rip Kent about his professional career, etc.

I think of more interest is would your co-hosts joke about Ikin getting a huge promotion and wording like "you're apparently heading up their as the new CEO".

The use of "apparently" suggests that it came from nowhere... like it was a rumour just thrown out there.

That being said Kent is a fuckwit ... and Hooper just parrots what he says in a sad attempt to join the cool clique... so they could be joking about Ikin as a form of tall poppy

But we will find out in a few months

Last edited:
It didn’t look like they were laughing at it or at Ikin’s expense. The way it happened suggested this is 100% legit and happening. At the very least, Ikin is clearly in the running.

It is pretty feasible as Fox and the Broncos are ultimately controlled by the same entity. It may be their idea of sorting out this burnt shitcake by parachuting another of their guys onto the board. At least he does have some footy nous about him.

Just wondering, is Bennett still persona non grata with Ikin?

It is pretty feasible as Fox and the Broncos are ultimately controlled by the same entity. It may be their idea of sorting out this burnt shitcake by parachuting another of their guys onto the board. At least he does have some footy nous about him.

Just wondering, is Bennett still persona non grata with Ikin?
I can’t remember if it was all you or not but I keep seeing “nous”. What word is this???

is it nuance?

How come the Storm get all of the best QLD players? Forget the Titans shooting themselves in the foot over a few players, Taylor..Fifi.. The Storm have been stealing very successfully from our pumpkin patch for many years.. Fix that issue!

What about getting Euan Aitken and Matt Dufty? They are off contract in 2020 and 2021 respectively. I know Dufty threw an intercept last night but these past few months both him and Aitken have been breaking tackles consistently, running great lines and the interplay between them has been first class. They both look fit and like they work hard on their game.

They'd go great behind a functioning forward pack and half-decent halves pairing.

Last edited:
How come the Storm get all of the best QLD players? Forget the Titans shooting themselves in the foot over a few players, Taylor..Fifi.. The Storm have been stealing very successfully from our pumpkin patch for many years.. Fix that issue!

A part of it is how they develop players. Look at Cameron Munster, he was coming off the rails in 2016-17 and the coach showed him the door unless he got his act together. He really knuckled down after that and has been the best version of himself ever since which is highly impressive given the departures of Slater and Cronk.

Fa'asuamaleaui was let go after the Broncos signed Payne Haas. Haas was the big money investment for the Broncos and they couldn't afford him, Fifita and Tino, something had to give. I actually think the Broncos made the right call at the time, it just didn't pan out because of the change in coach and the messy aftermath.

I think Brisbane were well on their way to rectifying the issue. The issue the Broncos reportedly had is that they'd cast a wide net and sign the bulk of the Queensland U/18 side instead of holding onto the handful of star players.

There could be deeper issues at play as well. I've noticed a lot of the star signings Brisbane have made have either coming through North Queensland or the Gold Coast. There's been very few that have actually come through Brisbane. I know in the private school system they've just introduced Rugby League as a third term sport, so hopefully that gains some traction.

My biggest concern next year is fb. Maybe Bird if he stays could play it.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Skathen
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.